Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
When the Archie Bunkers of the world stop molesting and raping young boys for decades while leaders of a major university cover up for them, maybe they will stop getting attention.
your attention has been turned to penn state.
u r unaware of the avalanche of 11 year old mom's on the hood impregnated by adults.
u r unaware that the huge perentage of the molestations in juvi jail are performed by female officers.
archie bunker was no where at the scene but got all the blame for kid rape.
when the woman teacher near my home copulates with her 13 year old student and says we are in love he is my soul mate, where is your moral outrage?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-12-2012 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,079,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
your attention has been turned to penn state.
u r unaware of the avalanche of 11 year old mom's on the hood impregnated by adults.
u r unaware that the huge perentage of the molestations in juvi jail are performed by female officers.
archie bunker was no where at the scene but got all the blame for kid rape.
This is a good point..... as always, there is this sad selective outrage by the *******s out there

Lets get outraged about adultery too since, I don't know, 1000x more families and kids are destroyed by this child abuse.... lets also get outraged by the way kids are left in cars while mommy is shoe shopping...... on a 90 degree day with the windows rolled up

I know, these are not old school icons like Paterno is.... the kind that the Libs want to do away with so the new icon in their all powerful government

Selective outrage is the tool of todays left

Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,506,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The truth is that 80% of all sexual acts directed at children are perpetrated by a family member, relative, or close friend of the family.
Yes. And that's what Sandusky was. The equivalent of a family member ... or close friend.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,520,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Meanwhile, in other news, R Kelly is still hailed as a hero by the entertainment media..... despite raping young girls as well as other Liberal heros like Woody Allen

Congrats media on selectively choosing who to destroy

Paterno will still be a hero to most people in spite of the criminal media attempts to destroy him

Sandusky is the criminal here as well as Spanier, not Paterno
Oh come on; you're worshipping a sports coach fer cry'n out loud!

Paterno; by his own admission passed the buck up the ladder and when nothing happened he continued to ignore IT continuing to happen.

He had kids and grandkids of his own; who may even have come into contact with Sandusky from time to time at family BBQ's etc.,

As a father and grandfather; he should have done what any father or grandfather would have; confront Sandusky; garner self satisfaction that you would be judging him accurately by substantiating the facts of his pedophilia; confront the University Board with those facts and demand action with a time line; report the suspicion to the proper state authorities as the law clearly requires.

Lastly; drag Sandusky's sorry ass out into the quadrangle and beat the absolute living snot out of him for all to witness.

Paterno came up short on any number of fronts by simply passing the buck up the ladder then going back to sleep mode. Ergo; protecting his career legacy assumed a higher priority than the welfare of those boys. SHAME on Joe Pap!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 AM

78,581 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, in other news, R Kelly is still hailed as a hero by the entertainment media..... despite raping young girls as well as other Liberal heros like Woody Allen

Congrats media on selectively choosing who to destroy

Paterno will still be a hero to most people in spite of the criminal media attempts to destroy him

Sandusky is the criminal here as well as Spanier, not Paterno
Paterno covered the whole thing up and it's RIGHT THERE IN PENN STATES OWN INTERNAL INVESTIGATION.

Criminal media attempts my butt. They just printed what Penn State is saying.

I suggest you read the Freeh report.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 AM

45,658 posts, read 27,291,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am astounded by the exclusive nature of pedaphile trials. its always a white guy with money.
despite the avalanche of cases involving women and minorities, its archie bunker always they go after.
No - it's just money. See Michael Vick and dogfighting. I'm sure he wasn't pitting his own dogs against each other - where are the others?

I agree with the point - authorities only go after selective targets.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM

78,581 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Paterno came up short on any number of fronts by simply passing the buck up the ladder then going back to sleep mode. Ergo; protecting his career legacy assumed a higher priority than the welfare of those boys. SHAME on Joe Pap!
It's worse than that BruSan. Read the freeh report.

When the admin guys wanted to go public with it, Paterno shut it down.
They even let Sandusky retire quietly and keep bringing the boys by the Penn State facilities until the shower incident.

This wasn't passing the buck or even looking the other way. He actively stopped the administrators from outting Sandusky over 10 years ago. I'm shocked. I gave Paterno the benefit of the doubt all along and figured he had just known about the 1 incident and it was the admin that dropped the ball. Since the additional information came out, Paterno turns out to be the worst offender of the group after Sandusky himself.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
This is a good point..... as always, there is this sad selective outrage by the *******s out there

Lets get outraged about adultery too since, I don't know, 1000x more families and kids are destroyed by this child abuse.... lets also get outraged by the way kids are left in cars while mommy is shoe shopping...... on a 90 degree day with the windows rolled up

I know, these are not old school icons like Paterno is.... the kind that the Libs want to do away with so the new icon in their all powerful government

Selective outrage is the tool of todays left
How about we get outraged over the recent news that a child is born in the U.S at the rate of one per hour addicted to pain killers that mom had been consuming for recreational usage and subject to very deadly and painfull withdrawal symptoms immediately after birth!

The prescribed treatment protocols for these poor newborns? Yep; that's right Seymour; NEWBORN BABIES ARE BEING TREATED WITH DOSES OF MORPHINE to quell the tremours and pain they are having from withdrawal.

HOW FUGGED UP IS THIS???

Stupid pregnant mothers are addicting their kiddies in the womb!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's worse than that BruSan. Read the freeh report.

When the admin guys wanted to go public with it, Paterno shut it down.
They even let Sandusky retire quietly and keep bringing the boys by the Penn State facilities until the shower incident.

This wasn't passing the buck or even looking the other way. He actively stopped the administrators from outting Sandusky over 10 years ago. I'm shocked. I gave Paterno the benefit of the doubt all along and figured he had just known about the 1 incident and it was the admin that dropped the ball. Since the additional information came out, Paterno turns out to be the worst offender of the group after Sandusky himself.

DANG! I give it a week before they remove his statue or a group of "survivors" tear the thing down themselves!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Whether there are other things that people should get upset about is irrelevant as the Penn State scandal is indeed one of those things.

Whether or not others are not held as accountable as they should be is irrelevant as this is an example of where people should be held accountable.

The question is not whether sports at Penn State will be able to continue. The question is whether or not Penn State can after the lawsuits start in earnest. I am not a big lawsuit fan but this is a legitimate use of that action. If I was an attorney I would also include the estate of Paterno and go for any assets Sandusky has.

Those in charge that covered this up should be prosecuted. I believe Paterno's concern was for Penn State but his loyalties were misplaced. His reputation is ruined. There will be some that will defend him but any mention of him will now start right here. Paterno knew what Sandusky was when he allowed him to continue to roam the grounds of Penn State. If Paterno said that he wanted Sandusky banned from campus, he would have been. He didn't.

As it is, I'm amazed that the NCAA hasn't acted yet. There is no way they can not take actions against Penn State that are stronger than any actions they have taken in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies