Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
They feel pain just as much as any other, it's a matter of focus. You don't think about your wounds until after the battle, people are like that too.

Shock is not about pain.
But you are right, it is something that can be mentally dealt with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 01:45 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
^
A concede to the idea that pitbulls do not belong where humans including toddlers who do the un-expected live.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
You got it backwards politely speaking.....the pitbull is the mental case that can't get with the program...in fact they have a powerful incentive with a scientifically proven addictive drug classification released in the brain each time they freak out and get angry...Ive been stormed by a pit bull for no reason at all enough times already thank you very much....I think people who need a comment dog like this are not the going cup of regular tea.

I won't associate with a person who owns one because of the suggestion to violent measure....

Into the filling cabinet they go....just as evolution dictates in species that refuse to get with the program....and that means harmony and balance respecting territory ect....I don't see how this can be argued without getting emotional and away from the facts for it.... evidence being now we have hitler into the deal in an absolutely irrational analogy. No breeding...existing pitbulls droped off in the jungles of India or Africa to see how tough they want to get... Since thats their big deal, thats exactly where they belong.
Can you post the research that shows a pit bull as a 'scientifically proven addictive drug' released? To put it mildly, this is one of the bigger loads of s**t I have read in a while.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Can you post the research that shows a pit bull as a 'scientifically proven addictive drug' released? To put it mildly, this is one of the bigger loads of s**t I have read in a while.

Hey I was surprised as well. I thought the dog next door was sick or something....they are addicted....its a proven chemical in their brain thats addictive and accelerates with episode.....as a matter of fact I found out reading this thread....so if you read the thread as members sometimes do....the data and so forth can initiate your exploration

All pitbulls need to be dealt with right away.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Hey I was surprised as well. I thought the dog next door was sick or something....they are addicted....its a proven chemical in their brain thats addictive and accelerates with episode.....as a matter of fact I found out reading this thread....so if you read the thread as members sometimes do....the data and so forth can initiate your exploration

All pitbulls need to be dealt with right away.
Good luck with that. Let me know how life behind bars is when people charge you with murdering their pit bulls, alright?

Old 07-19-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Good luck with that. Let me know how life behind bars is when people charge you with murdering their pit bulls, alright?
Oh no thats not the plan....I need help and have no intention of eliminating pit bulls all by myself...the project requires government organization and transportation to jungles....if owners want to tag along I'm sure an application process for that may be possible...not sure on that part of it presently.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
I just got back from spending about an hour with the neighbors little girl and their pet pitbull. The dog is 7 months old now and has zero training. They leave it in the backyard most of the time by itself, so it has learned to entertain itself and ignore them. Now they wonder why it won't come or sit. It jumps on the kids and grabs things out of their hand, because it hasn't been taught not to. The little girl tries to take the dog for a walk, but it's pulled her over a couple times. I tried to flood her with training pointers, hoping something will stick, but it's hopeless when the parents are so irresponsible. She told me that they know the dog is lonely, and have been thinking of getting another dog to keep her company. eeeeeek
If they can't handle one dog, they will just escalate the problem by having two. My first thought was that the dog gets to come in at night, but that won't happen if they have two.
The future looks grim for this dog. The owner told me months ago, he was going to take her to obedience class, he told me he was going to get her spayed, all lies. When this dog becomes a problem, it's not the dogs fault, it's the good for nothing owners! It's been set up to fail.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:14 PM

38 posts, read 91,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Fine the owners, and confiscate the dog.

Any dog can be trained to attack, and kill.

Hypothetically, yes...any dog can be trained to attack and kill. But as it happens, data suggests that pit bulls are overwhelmingly more likely to be the breed of dog to attack and kill. There are, of course, several reasons for this. One of which is the indisputable fact that pit bulls have been bred with a temperamental pre-disposition to become aggressive, especially when triggered by certain situations, behaviors, or environments. This is why deviant owners select pitbulls as "pets" to begin with.

There are some of you who will try to argue that pitbulls don't have a genetic predisposition toward a certain temperament. Most dog breeds are bred with not only physical traits in mind, but also with behavioral and termperament traits in mind. Boxers are known for their loyalty and energy, while Siberian Huskies are generally gentle but have a strong hunting drive and will kill cats, rabbits, squirrels or any other animal in the vicinity of home (that's not a pet). As for pit bulls, they are typically very people friendly (making for poor watch dogs), but they have a particularly strong aggression toward other dogs. This trait sometimes manifests against humans, and when it does it can be deadly. These are facts.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Oh no thats not the plan....I need help and have no intention of eliminating pit bulls all by myself...the project requires government organization and transportation to jungles....if owners want to tag along I'm sure an application process for that may be possible...not sure on that part of it presently.
The one thing you forgot to take into account is how utterly illegal doing this is. As I said, if we followed your example then you might as well join the pit bulls in the jungle since clearly you're a detriment to American society and others of your ilk clearly do not belong here.

I'm sure your jungle brethren will accept you with open arms.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
The one thing you forgot to take into account is how utterly illegal doing this is. As I said, if we followed your example then you might as well join the pit bulls in the jungle since clearly you're a detriment to American society and others of your ilk clearly do not belong here.

I'm sure your jungle brethren will accept you with open arms.

Government will outlaw pitbulls ...its already hap in parts of Canada..Ont I think....Government always does these things slowly with research because the only people who will complain are violent natured...easily understood by selecting a known dog that will not only generate fear in others but has a history of tearing people apart. One way or another these dogs will be history....also owners should be fully locked up and charged for any sign of aggression toward people , charging whatever...regardless of retracting the obvious command...

dogs attack on command be it subtle or otherwise...retracting the command if not intentional proves and gives evidence the owner is not in control of the dog.

so first things in my estimation is law without delay getting criminals in jail where they rightfully belong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies