Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 03:04 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
Especially shopping.My sister could spend a whole day at Wal-Mart and not buy a single thing. Or she will go to 3-4 different stores looking for an outfit. Sorry but thats being too picky.
Are you serious? How is that being picky? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 03:58 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I do.
There are so many more productive things to do.

Look, I played video games when I was a kid. Every once in a while, my wife and I play a little even today. But I don't know why, but it doesn't seem like a grown-up full time hobby.

Why not go to the gym? Volunteer? Read? Learn something? Cook? Garden? Swim? Train for an event?

I WISH I had time to get fully involved in my PRODUCTIVE hobbies...to see someone spend copious amounts of time doing something so pointless and nonproductive for hours a week is just lame and kind of gross, actually. No opportunity for growth there.
If I earn my own money and have my own place, I have the right to game as much as I want. The whole dating and women boat has sailed.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Here is the part of your post I elaborated on:

You specifically endorse the that people "Keep This Behavior Going". Any attempt to repudiate that is simply walking back that statement. Face it, you have no problem with guys sitting on their azzes playing video, and acting like eternal adolescents as long as they possibly can.

Your response to my post is a perfect case of kicked dog barking the loudest.

Thanks for sharing!
If your life is so kickass, then why the hell are you so concern with what other guys are doing with theirs?

I guess you are so important that we should all live the way you tell us dad.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If it is any consolation, shopping isn't sexy to me, neither is getting nails done or whatever. Women have time wasters just as addictive as video games us men don't like.
I agree with you.

I don't know any women, however, who do that every single day.

But I agree with you.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I think a lot of men increasingly don't care what women want, and this is creating a new sort of confusion and social tension.

Women are free to have whatever standards they wish. But if fewer and fewer men care to try and meet those standards, they may have to contract to reality.
This, find the men who meet their standards and stop caring about those who don't. It's that simple. The world would be a better place if people would mind their own damn business and stop trying to control the lives of others.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:13 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This, find the men who meet their standards and stop caring about those who don't. It's that simple. The world would be a better place if people would mind their own damn business and stop trying to control the lives of others.
Best post in the thread. That is like me starting a thread or an article saying how bad women are today, by selectively finding the worst examples of women out there. These women remind me of the dudes who start threads about how women don't date nice guys, especially when it comes to women they do not even want.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Best post in the thread. That is like me starting a thread or an article saying how bad women are today, by selectively finding the worst examples of women out there. These women remind me of the dudes who start threads about how women don't date nice guys, especially when it comes to women they do not even want.
And yet the complaints about the men are valid but the nice guys need to do some self-reflection, i mean geez, if you can't attract the quality of guys you want than YOU have a problem and if you can then shut up and be happy and stop caring about the guys that don't fit your standards.

Last edited by Ro2113; 07-15-2012 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And yet the complaints about the men are valid but the nice guys need to do some self-reflection, i mean geez, if you can't attract the quality of guys you won't than YOU have a problem and if you can then shut up and be happy and stop caring about the guys that don't fit your standards.
Preach on. It also does not help when you do nothing but go to work or school and come home. Especially if you are in a field or environment that the vast majority of people in it are your own gender. I see people like this and they go on and on about how much the other gender sucks. This is why I do not even bother with the relationship forum on here anymore. Too much of that crap going on.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Preach on. It also does not help when you do nothing but go to work or school and come home. Especially if you are in a field or environment that the vast majority of people in it are your own gender. I see people like this and they go on and on about how much the other gender sucks. This is why I do not even bother with the relationship forum on here anymore. Too much of that crap going on.
If your a loner who doesn't care for dating than I don't see anything wrong with it but if having a better social and dating life is really important than yes, people need to stop whining and do something about it. I've had to tell someone this exact thing.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:54 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm not talking about playing games once in a while.

I EVEN SAID (for the reading deficient - law school demands a lot of reading, no?) that my wife and I occasionally still pop in a game and play a little now and then.

I'm talking about it being a daily or major activity in one's life. Please do not act like there aren't MILLIONS of guys who are like this. Some of my friends' husbands are like this. This is NOT sexy...not to them, not to me. It's not a coincidence that when my friend's hubby dropped the controller and started working out like crazy (it was a work contest - prior to that, he was el lumpo), that his wife suddenly started talking about how sexy he was.
I mean it is a pretty daily activity in my life. It is the best way for me to distress after work. In fact I probably spend more time gaming then cooking because cooking is really, really easy if you know how to use a crock pot and I am not just going to sit around in my kitchen watching a soup or tajine come together for 4 hours. That doesn't mean I don't do other things. There is more time in the day then folk realize and most people just p*** it away. I have no problem gaming most days and having a fairly extensive social/community life.

Though I do agree there are people that waste their lives messing around, but that has less to do with gaming then it does with effective time management. In fact, just today I was able to game and do some baking for the office at the same time and as I write this I am doing my laundry. It is not that hard.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 07-15-2012 at 06:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies