Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800
Apparently you don't understand the difference between responsible and liable.

If your kid takes your car and runs someone over, your kid is responsible, however, you are liable for the damage!

Sheesh, and you're the one supposedly working with attorneys?

Not taking the BAIT, Cyborg. You're on ignore.
is that the equivalent of covering your ears and shouting LALALALALA when you've run out of words?

If you can't take the heat...

So now, that FF5000 has shown they can only handle a one-way exchange...can we get back to the topic?

Has anyone else seen some connections between this maniac and the PHD program being DARPA connected.
Or that his father's software company is DARPA connected as well?

It's the internet after all, many untrue things being bandied about...just wondering if there's any truth to this stuff?

I do have a question though:

It's been reported that police saw him with long guns and a pistol, tac gear and gas mask in back of the theater, automatically raising concern.

BUT...I've also read that he dropped BOTH long guns inside before exiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Everyone in the media is knocking themselves out; trying to figure out why, what if's,
should of's, etc. Everything becomes hindsight to no avail.
They all want to give way too much importance on what he thinks, wrote, or will say.

The only one responsible for matters of life and death in this circumstance was
a selfish individual who cared for no one else but himself.

I was just so hoping this spitting **** had already hung himself in his cell or been released into the
general population.

But now, we have to concern ourselves with his creative writing skills, or lack thereof.
Go figure - only in a media driven world...
Well, the "media" is doing what it does.

However, I think the attorneys in this case are going to have to be concerned with all the information they can find, and certainly what may be basically a "written confession" by the shooter prior to the crime would be important to them.

Yes, one person is 100% responsible for pulling the trigger and killing all those people. No question about it. But have you ever head that saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of care".........prevention is something that would save lives.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Some women! No matter how old they get, they still act like its Middle School...

In other news, 12 people are still dead and one person, and only one, is responsible.
Obviously some OLD MEN cannot resist any opportunity to bash women of any age.

Indeed, 12 people are still dead, one person killed them, and even after the trial is over, and a death sentence imposed, those people are still going to be dead.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

Has anyone else seen some connections between this maniac and the PHD program being DARPA connected.
Or that his father's software company is DARPA connected as well?
Here's a link:
» Shooter James Holmes and DARPA Weird Science Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Is he going to use the Mars chocolate candy defense....

“Was James Holmes engaged in a real-life Jason Bourne TREADSTONE project that broke down and resulted in deadly consequences in Aurora, Colorado?†Madsen concludes. Operation Treadstone was a fictional top-secret CIA project under which the character Jason Bourne underwent behavioral modification.

Holmes also worked as a research assistant intern at the Salk Institute at the University of California at San Diego in La Jolla. The Salk Institute teamed up with DARPA, Columbia University, University of California at San Francisco, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Wake Forest University, and the candy bar company Mars “to prevent fatigue in combat troops through the enhanced use of epicatechina, a blood flow-increasing and blood vessel-dilating anti-oxidant flavanol found in cocoa and, particularly, in dark chocolate,†according to Madsen’s research.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:14 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm guessing the cell phone call he received in the theatre was the "code" word that made him snap. He exits the theatre and comes back shoots the place up then is disengaged somehow and now he remembers nothing. This type of mind control stuff goes back to MKUltra.
No, no ... it wasn't the shooter who received the cell phone call .... the witness said there was a normal looking guy that was sitting in the theatre in the front row who received a phone call, and then went to the emergency exit and opened it.

This is the guy who is likely to be an accomplice. He opened the door that the shooter entered sometime afterward. So he was either working with the shooter or it was a one in a million lucky break for the shooter to find the door open as he arrived to do his dirty deed. I don't think it was incidental.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:21 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
^^^^ Thanks, but I meant some connection OTHER than from Alex Jones....

I read some of his and other's stuff about the shooting and the only thing I haven't been able to dispel on my own is the DARPA stuff... ...of course it's alway tough to prove something DIDN'T happen....

For instance, there are claims that the blood trail came from a second participant leading to an unknown vehicle HOWEVER, the police dispatch recording CLEARLY indicates one officer was leading a non-critical AND a critically wounded person out the back and requested medical crews to meet him by the back door...that explains the blood trail.

They also assert that the gas mask was at the end of the building, however, it seems to be near the maniacs car, consistent with police taking off his gear as they apprehended him.

I like to dispel these conspiracy things when possible.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Everything I've been reading says holmes got a call and got up and walked out then came back in shooting. There were reports about a person of suspicion right after but havn't heard anything about that.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

But have you ever head that saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of care".........prevention is something that would save lives.
Except we can't prevent "everything".

Ben was a wise old man. But I like my own phrase
Another dime spent on things lost, are well, just lost

And while we are quoting smart men

"Morality and expediency coincide more than the cynics allow" - Roy Hattersley

No reason to drag out his final fate - death. Or spend too much money on it.

Sometimes lawyers need to do the right thing, and just get out of the way.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:45 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I agree witness testimony is suspect like I said earlier but the questions aren't being asked anymore. The official report is being framed as we speak and then we will find out what they want to allow us to know and that will be that.

How do you know this? Investigations are not theater...everything doesn't get played out publically for our amusement. A if it was a plot it wouldnt' need to be framed, that would be done already.

But you already KNOW so why do you even care what anyone says? You wouldn't belive anything but your version of truth.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Except we can't prevent "everything".

Ben was a wise old man. But I like my own phrase
Another dime spent on things lost, are well, just lost

And while we are quoting smart men

"Morality and expediency coincide more than the cynics allow" - Roy Hattersley

No reason to drag out his final fate - death. Or spend too much money on it.

Sometimes lawyers need to do the right thing, and just get out of the way.
Everybody has a Constitutional right to due process. The courts do what they have to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies