Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Liberals kowtow to these elements too much. The mayor should be firmly behind the police or they have no reason to do their jobs effectively.

The same people rioting would be up in arms if a stray bullet from one of their gangbanging neighbors struck their love ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So, so, SO true.

Maybe if whites were stopped at the same rate as Hispanics and African Americans then they'd understand why this community is so frustrated.
Having lived and worked in Anaheim for over 50 years, I can tell you that 90% of all police calls are to the Hispanic/black neighborhoods. Those neighborhoods require far more service than all the rest of the city.
The better area's require very little policing and other maintenance calls.
A lot of Hispanics move here and continue to live like it is Mexico. Not only in the conditions they live in, but they house the majority of the crime. Drive through some of those neighborhoods and you would think you are in Mexico. They have no pride in their communities. Not true for all, but a large majority.
So it's unlikely there will come a time when the police will be stopping whites at the same rate as the Hispanics. Rarely are police called to white neighborhoods.
Do I hate Mexicans? If I do, I hope my Mexican wife doesn't find out...!!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well you recall that NYT article a week or two ago where Chicago inner city crime spilled into the wealthy shop area of the Magnificent Mile. Oh there was press coverage and a promise to increase law enforcement.

Yes it's sad and doesn't come to attention until it spills outside of "the bad section of town".
We agree on this.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
There is no good reason for the police to stop kids in rich neighborhood, white or black. They should be instead where they are needed the most: in poor, crime-ridden ghettos. I think we should just pull out the police from the ghettos, let them kill each other, who cares? Should we spend our tax money on policing neighborhoods where we the cops are not welcomed in the first place?
Screw them. There is only 13% of Blacks in America but every day there is new problem.
What good reason do the cops have to stop kids in poor areas?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What good reason do the cops have to stop kids in poor areas?
Because the facts are there regarding crime, gangs, drugs and where they are happening.
That's why.

With all these inner city police shootings..how many turned out to really be "good kids" with no criminal record ?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Having lived and worked in Anaheim for over 50 years, I can tell you that 90% of all police calls are to the Hispanic/black neighborhoods. Those neighborhoods require far more service than all the rest of the city.
The better area's require very little policing and other maintenance calls.
A lot of Hispanics move here and continue to live like it is Mexico. Not only in the conditions they live in, but they house the majority of the crime. Drive through some of those neighborhoods and you would think you are in Mexico. They have no pride in their communities. Not true for all, but a large majority.
So it's unlikely there will come a time when the police will be stopping whites at the same rate as the Hispanics. Rarely are police called to white neighborhoods.
Do I hate Mexicans? If I do, I hope my Mexican wife doesn't find out...!!
I understand what your saying. I understand what many posters are saying when it comes to crime statistics. I'm simply arguing that that STILL doesn't afford the right to violate citizen's rights.

I should not be pulled over and questioned by the police simply for being black (which has happened multiple times). If the "law," or government, really wanted to cut down on crime, they'd address the root problems in these communities rather than simply locking everybody up and declaring the neighborhood a police state.

We're deep into the cycle now, and people are wanting quick fixes, but I feel we need to take a long term approach to rebuilding these communities. Not just in inner cities, but in some of our poverty stricken rural areas too.

It's not a race problem. Poverty and many other factors usually are the culprits for these neighborhood's declines.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Because the facts are there regarding crime, gangs, drugs and where they are happening.
That's why.

With all these inner city police shootings..how many turned out to really be "good kids" with no criminal record ?
A cop needs a reasonable suspicion that a crime is taking place or about to in order to detain somebody - you seem to be advocating for indiscriminate stopping of all nonwhite people in poor neighborhoods.

Being black or brown is not a crime.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Liberals kowtow to these elements too much. The mayor should be firmly behind the police .
1) Anaheim doesn't have many liberals, lol.

2) The mayor, Tom Tait, is asking for both federal and state investigations of the Anaheim Police Department.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
And how many "White" neighborhoods have high levels of gang and drug violence ?

Police has not reason to commit resources (although there is a lot of pressure from the rich folks) to rich, safe areas. Instead they focus on areas where crime is rampant. That's why there is more stops and more arrests of so called minorities than whites, not because of racism or racial profiling

We all know the crime infested hellhole that Mexico turned into in the past 15 years, now it seems like many Hispanic immigrants are working very hard to turn parts of the US into the same combat landscape.

Hispanics are 14% of population yet are represented by 40% of all prisoners. Add another 14% of Blacks who also contribute 40% to prison population and you realize that Whites are just 20% of all prisoners!!!

Yes, without Blacks and Hispanics we would see about 80% drop in prison population. I think it is long enough since people started pretending that they do not know who is responsible for most of the crime in America...

Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I understand what your saying. I understand what many posters are saying when it comes to crime statistics. I'm simply arguing that that STILL doesn't afford the right to violate citizen's rights.

I should not be pulled over and questioned by the police simply for being black (which has happened multiple times). If the "law," or government, really wanted to cut down on crime, they'd address the root problems in these communities rather than simply locking everybody up and declaring the neighborhood a police state.

We're deep into the cycle now, and people are wanting quick fixes, but I feel we need to take a long term approach to rebuilding these communities. Not just in inner cities, but in some of our poverty stricken rural areas too.

It's not a race problem. Poverty and many other factors usually are the culprits for these neighborhood's declines.
The community actions though speak a different story. They see nothing, they report nothing, they deny their "kids" with extensive criminal records are bad. They deny that they are doing anything wrong or that they have a bad neighborhood.

And I agree that it's wrong to just stop people based on color but there's a reason why it's happening and decent people are being affected by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies