Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Having a criminal record does not mean that you deserve a death sentence.

An unarmed person running away is not an immediate threat.
The chaos began on Saturday afternoon when an officer fatally shot 25-year-old Manuel Diaz, who was unarmed, as he attempted to flee from police. A known gang banger by the way. Why flee the police and why should the police allow all gang bangers to run away?
What ever happened to cooperating with the police? Had he not run away and done so he would most likely be alive today.
By the way, illegal or son of an illegal? Anaheim has a bad side regarding that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 09:48 PM

415 posts, read 616,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
An excellent summary, Harrier.

Of course now a bunch of people who have never even been in Anaheim will tell you you're wrong, but as far as I'm concerned you've nailed it.
This. Anaheim doesn't have any slums. It does have a lot of Hispanics, but I've lived in Anaheim, and most of them seem to be law-abiding, not gangers. I hate what these riots have done to Anaheim's reputation. An article I read even noted that the victim's mother told the protesters to stop trashing everything, that wasn't giving her son justice, and the protesters ignored the victim's mother's request. Another article I read noted that many of the arrested persons resided in Santa Ana or in parts of LA county - NOT Anaheim.

There are indeed some people who seem to protest anything. I was involved in the Kelly Thomas protests - some of the protesters in that group joined the occupy movement and then protested another case of police brutality, and I saw them in pics with this protest as well.

On the other hand, the issues with the police in OC in general I have been told have been getting to a boiling point for many years now. I might run from the cops were I pulled over. Honestly, they scare me. Fullerton PD beat up a former coworker of mine along with his two brothers. The coworker in question had no rap sheet and is not part of a gang. I have many friends and acquaintances from all walks of life, from all races and ethnicities and religions telling me horror tales about the cops here - everything from being harassed by Newport Beach PD to being swarmed by Irvine PD to getting beat up by Fullerton PD. The police do not hold much of a favorable view here, and the Kelly Thomas case caused people's blood to boil.

Time will tell what happened in this case - but in the past there have been plenty of cases of Anaheim residents getting shot and killed by Anaheim PD who had no criminal record and were not armed.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
This. Anaheim doesn't have any slums. It does have a lot of Hispanics, but I've lived in Anaheim, and most of them seem to be law-abiding, not gangers. I hate what these riots have done to Anaheim's reputation. An article I read even noted that the victim's mother told the protesters to stop trashing everything, that wasn't giving her son justice, and the protesters ignored the victim's mother's request. Another article I read noted that many of the arrested persons resided in Santa Ana or in parts of LA county - NOT Anaheim.

There are indeed some people who seem to protest anything. I was involved in the Kelly Thomas protests - some of the protesters in that group joined the occupy movement and then protested another case of police brutality, and I saw them in pics with this protest as well.

On the other hand, the issues with the police in OC in general I have been told have been getting to a boiling point for many years now. I might run from the cops were I pulled over. Honestly, they scare me. Fullerton PD beat up a former coworker of mine along with his two brothers. The coworker in question had no rap sheet and is not part of a gang. I have many friends and acquaintances from all walks of life, from all races and ethnicities and religions telling me horror tales about the cops here - everything from being harassed by Newport Beach PD to being swarmed by Irvine PD to getting beat up by Fullerton PD. The police do not hold much of a favorable view here, and the Kelly Thomas case caused people's blood to boil.

Time will tell what happened in this case - but in the past there have been plenty of cases of Anaheim residents getting shot and killed by Anaheim PD who had no criminal record and were not armed.
Anaheim has lots of bad parts, lots of illegals and lots of gangsters coming from across the border as well as those that are home grown.
Anaheim has been going down fast in recent years. Your not the only one familiar with Anaheim.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:02 PM

409 posts, read 957,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Maybe the Italians and Irish folks became evolved over time and we are witnessing some who still have not in Anaheim?

Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 PM

409 posts, read 957,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
If you run away from the police you are guilty. Shoot them all.
Minorities are responsible for 70% of all crime in America. We would be much better off without them.
I'd venture to guess this mindset has existed since the first Pilgrim set foot at Plymouth Rock.

Seems that each successive generation has viewed the minority group that has followed it as something less desirable than the previous minority group that it came from...

This link below provides an intestesting prespective on minority groups, crime in America, and prison populations in the years before the latest wave of immigrants/minorities occured.

http://www.jblearning.com/samples/07...Chapter_02.pdf

Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The chaos began on Saturday afternoon when an officer fatally shot 25-year-old Manuel Diaz, who was unarmed, as he attempted to flee from police. A known gang banger by the way. Why flee the police and why should the police allow all gang bangers to run away?
What ever happened to cooperating with the police? Had he not run away and done so he would most likely be alive today.
By the way, illegal or son of an illegal? Anaheim has a bad side regarding that.
Because people who have co-operated with the police have been beaten and some have been killed. The police are not your friends - I realize that you have been brainwashed to think so - but reality is much different. Someone could have never committed a crime in their life - but know that allowing the cops to get near them is dangerous - the cops could frame them - this has also happened - evidence has been planted. You really ought to pay attention to the injustice that takes place everyday - and if you are honest with yourself, I think that you no longer will be blindly supporting the thugs with badges.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Because people who have co-operated with the police have been beaten and some have been killed. The police are not your friends - I realize that you have been brainwashed to think so - but reality is much different. Someone could have never committed a crime in their life - but know that allowing the cops to get near them is dangerous - the cops could frame them - this has also happened - evidence has been planted. You really ought to pay attention to the injustice that takes place everyday - and if you are honest with yourself, I think that you no longer will be blindly supporting the thugs with badges.
Well police had to lower their standards so they could have a "more diverse" workforce.
How's that working out for you ?

Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well police had to lower their standards so they could have a "more diverse" workforce.
How's that working out for you ?
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

If you are asking me if I support affirmative action programs - the answer is - NO.

I also don't think that the existance of an affirmative action program neccesarily means that standards are being lowered.

People should be hired based on their qualifications for the job - period.

In any event - that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u225615 View Post
There's no excuse to explain mob violence including what happened in Anaheim. However, such violence is not unprecedented and has occured to a greater degree among ethnic groups as cited above. Nostalgia often times does not correlate with facts. Please see the link below...

The Wee Book of Irish-American Gangsters: The Draft Riots

You dont hear of this occuring with Irish or Italians these days because the mass immigration from those nations ended many years ago as the standard of living in those countries rose and stemmed the flow of immigrants. During the peak years of immigration, before these groups had a chance to assimilate into mainstream society,there was a great deal of resentment, feelings of disenfranchisement and, yes, violence.

Again, there is no excuse for mob violence but to compare immigrant groups of the past based on their current successes and make a generalization that somehow their behavior as a group was different then todays immigrant groups runs counter to a factual review of history
Bud in those cops didn't play games. If you rioted you would be mowed down and wouldn't even think about suing the police department for $50 millions. Undeniably all immigrant groups went through **** but they didn't get education in their languages or equal opportunity programs.... quite the opposite. That's my point. Hispanics got too easy here in America.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 PM

170 posts, read 203,467 times
Looks like a bunch of illegals pissing off the police to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies