Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It IS relevant because this is a young mother who is put on a pedestal by many conservatives.

You're just fantasizing.

lol.

I don't know a single person, conservative or otherwise, who has ever put Bristol Palin on a pedestal, or even a foot stool.

You're just making stuff up to make yourself look smart. Or something.

It's not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:03 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Social conservative values at work. Honestly maybe she should spend some more time on parenting and less time on TV. Please someone tell me that her show is being cancelled. I can't even stand running across one of the commercials for it.

"Viewers were left shocked when sisters Bristol and Willow Palin burst out with laughter when four-year-old Tripp used a homophobic slur. The two women, both daughters of American politician Sarah Palin, burst out laughing when the little boy used the derogatory term during a temper tantrum. Tripp called his aunt Willow a 'f*****', an offensive term more commonly used against homosexuals, during filming of Bristol's docu-series Life's A Tripp.

Read more: Bristol Palin barely holds back laughter as four-year-old son Tripp uses homosexual slur against aunty Willow | Mail Online

BO scratches the first lady's every widening rear in public! Really, is THIS news......kids will be kids and if it stays mostly in their adolescent years I can live with it.....don't forget, Rahm Emanuel, questionably the biggest bag-man that got away (Think Blagoevich scandal...who was that 5th man...hmmmmmm?) IS on record for saying, and I quote:

"The Republicans can go f themselves" except he used the f word......former white house chief of staff......and you are worried about Palin's brood? don't cast too many stones my friend when your party lives in a glass house....

Let's see......

Clinton: "depends on what your definition of "is".....is.......yeah, right after his beeeelow job with Monica...yeah, there's a moral compass for ya....this guy couldn't keep his paws off any of them that were vulnerable.....no worries, Monica had a real cameo moment on Barbara Walter's interview....."he was a great kisser"......and somewhere in america, a frying pan went over Bill's head......priceless....

Reverend Right: Reverend....let that word sit on your tongue for a moment.......god damn america! Yep, a sitting Reverend with as much venom and anti-whitey a ghetto could ever hope for...he keeps selling the hate and his constituents keep dropping the cash....cynical beyond measure....

HNIC: Detroit's former Mayor in the 70's as he drove every business out.........and you can now see how well Deetroit is doing......imagine a white guy using that term???

There are plenty of Republicans guilty of similar comments. However, I would have to give the academy award to the Democrats...always full of venom, always full of hate, always full of stupidity....at least the Republicans know how to scam it down a little....

If Palin's 4 year old wants to say something completely incorrect and only if you can prove it, I'm probably not as worried about is a much as when they turn 18.....childish ignorance....don't expect too much from a 4 year old...try working on your guy and his abyssmal record with the economy.......

Emanuel's comment was way, way out of bounds for such a highly educated.....ryhmes with "trick"

Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Caleb, you totally forgot about JoeBlowBiden telling Obama (on national, nay, worldwide TV, no less) that OCare is a big f****** deal.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
this is news!!! this thread has 73 post

Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 PM

1,403 posts, read 938,051 times
Quote:
Frankly I think ANY parent whose very young child yells out "f*ggot" at someone deserves to be publicly pilloried. There's something very very wrong there.

The fact that, in this situation, the parent is associated with a group of people that screams about family values just makes her extra deserving.
I think its NONE of your business what a parent teaches their child.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Not sure which is sadder. Me posting here about it, or the fact that what a 4 year old has said is now on page 8?

Fact of life....little kids curse without realizing what it means....get over it.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm sure your lofty morals are quite offended.

You'd like such discussions to stay hidden away wouldn't you? The hypocrisy of the conservative family values crowd can be difficult to stomach sometimes, I know.

For what are you blaming that poor child? He can't help if the adults around him think that teaching, whether implicitly or explicity, slurs to a child is appropriate. Poor baby. No child, especially of that age, should know language of hate and ignorance.
Your getting anxious over nothing............he shouldn't have said it, but I'm sure this will be the least of words the child will learn, even if he goes to the grocery store. Get a Grip!!!!

HMMM, guess it's true conservatives have problems also.......... Bristol never claimed she was perfect and those who throw stones usually have their problems also.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Well, a nice litle trip to behind the woodshed might be appropriate, but then the libs would scream that the kid is being abused.

You can't have it both ways.
Actually us liberals believe in leading by example. It is obvious the four year old learned that word from repetitive use by those around him.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
By the time he's 18 he will likely have a swastika tattoo on his back....
Now this was the most intelligent post in the thread........guess it's hard for some adults to remember the words that came out of their mouths when young.

For some as they get older their reminded how perfect they were.

Got to wonder about those that judge children at such a young age.........

Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't know a lot about children or development. No child has a natural revulsion to two people kissing, regardless of their sex. That's a learned behavior.
But a four year old knows what words mean..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Too funny.

Bristol has obviously taken lessons from her mother in child exploitation.

Her mother dragged all of her kids (and even her daughter's baby daddy) out on the stage continuously in an attempt to use them to her advantage. And now Bristol has a reality show (again) that even has her son's name as part of the title.

And I believe most (all?) the criticism here is aimed at Bristol and not at her little boy. And, in case you haven't noticed, Bristol is an adult who CHOOSES to keep her name and face in the spotlight. She is no longer a kid and is open to criticism because she ASKS for it by continuing to try to make herself relevant (just like her mother does).

When the president and first lady star in a reality show and have their daughters' names in the show's
title then maybe you can make the comparison. Until then, it's apples and oranges.
We're discussing her child, who is 4. Younger than Obama's..........by much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies