Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro-life people, is abortion okay is the child is a result of rape?
I'm pro-choice so this is irrelevant to me 38 55.88%
I'm pro-life and even in the case of rape and incest, all life is precious 27 39.71%
I'm pro-life but I think in this case, the baby isn't worthy of being born 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So why is it OK to kill an unborn child that you don't want but not OK to kill a 1 day old child that you don't want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We """"

WE ? Multiple Personality Disorder? ??? I'm sorry you suffer from it.

"""want to hear it in your own words.

Yes.You.!
I feel so honored that you need to see my posting! (blush blush)

You REALLY can't figure it out????

OK I'll type real slowly for you.

It is NOT OK to kill an unborn child. The poster above is very ill-informed if he thinks killing an unborn child is OK..

It is OK to abort a 22 week (or younger) fetus.

There now...in my own words.... I hope they weren't too big for you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 PM

511 posts, read 491,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I've always wanted to know if pro-life people, for purposes of determining their age (for forms and things), use for the beginning date in the calculation their day of birth or their day of conception.
I've always found myself drawn to the pro-life side as I think about the innocence and complete dependence of a baby.
Then some single digit IQ, cerebral giant makes a completely inane comment and I find myself sucked right back to reality.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Would you support abortion being legal in the case of rape? I've heard many pro-life people say that in the case of rape, it's different. Essentially it comes down to the life not being 'honorable', right, since in any other case it's considered murder? How is that fundamentally any different from an 'honor killing'?
Yes, rape and incest.

I don't believe it is ethical or moral for a mother to kill off a twin, or a few triplets, just because she doesn't want to move out of her small apartment. Yes, that happens, women killing off a twin, just because she does not want to be burdened with two baby girls.

There are rabid abortionists, who want to allow women the power to kill off the fetus (babies) at any time, for any reason. Those are the zealots we are up against.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yes, rape and incest.

I don't believe it is ethical or moral for a mother to kill off a twin, or a few triplets, just because she doesn't want to move out of her small apartment. Yes, that happens, women killing off a twin, just because she does not want to be burdened with two baby girls.

There are rabid abortionists, who want to allow women the power to kill off the fetus (babies) at any time, for any reason. Those are the zealots we are up against.
I've never met a pro-choice person who is for the rabid killing of infants for any reason. Where have you met these people? Are you sure these zealots aren't just in your mind?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
They're not stupid they're just human...and if you feel they are so stupid why do you want them to raise children???

BTW, it's so nice to see so many people in here like you ...people who never make mistakes...
if you find me saying I want them to raise babies, I have $50 with your name on it. Yes!You!

you are a funny character. please proceed :bows:

Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
I've always found myself drawn to the pro-life side as I think about the innocence and complete dependence of a baby.
Then some single digit IQ, cerebral giant makes a completely inane comment and I find myself sucked right back to reality.
lol

Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I feel so honored that you need to see my posting! (blush blush)

You REALLY can't figure it out????

OK I'll type real slowly for you.

It is NOT OK to kill an unborn child. The poster above is very ill-informed if he thinks killing an unborn child is OK..

It is OK to abort a 22 week (or younger) fetus.

There now...in my own words.... I hope they weren't too big for you....
is this just some imaginary, feel good number you've made up ?

why not from 23 weeks and below? what exactly happens from 22-23 that makes things ok and not ok?

both scientists and religious figures agree that life begins at inception.

why stop at 23 weeks for that matter. bring it all the way to 40 weeks.

what about this, how about post birth abortion. like have women give birth to the child, then abort it.

http://mobile.slate.com/articles/hea...anticide_.html

is Slate.com some conspiracy theorist website? IDK but if that isn't reputable, please, select a reputable source here.
http://www.google.com/search?q=after...&client=safari

Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
read the link I posted

http://blackquillandink.com/wp-conte...ger-quotes.pdf

align your thoughts with the quoted and apply it to these people.

they actually are that stupid. I still feel bad that they're killing their offspring but yes they are that stupid.
Quote:
adoption needs to be simplified.

it's kept very difficult to make abortion a more convenient choice for stupid people.

the path of least resistance...
Quote:
if you find me saying I want them to raise babies, I have $50 with your name on it. Yes!You!

you are a funny character. please proceed :bows:

Oh, excuse me, I thought you were anti-choice but you are now for Choice....Good!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I've never met a pro-choice person who is for the rabid killing of infants for any reason. Where have you met these people? Are you sure these zealots aren't just in your mind?
look at post #87

in case you can't find it, here are sole articles you may want to check out.
http://www.google.com/search?q=after...&client=safari

Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
is this just some imaginary, feel good number you've made up ?

why not from 23 weeks and below? what exactly happens from 22-23 that makes things ok and not ok?

both scientists and religious figures agree that life begins at inception. """

No, they don't....and religious figures do NOT count anyway.

""why stop at 23 weeks for that matter. bring it all the way to 40 weeks.

what about this, how about post birth abortion. like have women give birth to the child, then abort it.

After-Birth Abortion: The pro-choice case for infanticide.

is Slate.com some conspiracy theorist website? IDK but if that isn't reputable, please, select a reputable source here.
afterbirth abortion - Google Search
I may have the number wrong it's 22 or 23...what ever the LAW says. And YOU can't change that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies