Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 06:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm afraid I don't see any alternative to repealing the 2nd amendment. We simply cannot let this nightmare continue and there is probably no half-ass compromise measure that would work. I could see guns perhaps being available by special permit, after thorough background and psychological testing, to remote rural dwellers only. Most Americans live in urban or suburban areas and need guns like they need a hole in the head.

Guns can and will do nothing against government tyranny in 2012 America. Our gun obsession serves only to get a whole lot of innocents killed every year.

Think about the sad truth here:

Second Amendment Scorecard - Democratic Underground

I'm no fan of the site, but apparently there are copyright issues preventing posting of just the picture, hence the link. One picture speaks 1000 wise words.
rubbish this post is. how about we actually ENFORCE the gun laws already on the books?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 06:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
I'm afraid I don't see any alternative to repealing the 2nd amendment. We simply cannot let this nightmare continue and there is probably no half-ass compromise measure that would work. I could see guns perhaps being available by special permit, after thorough background and psychological testing, to remote rural dwellers only. Most Americans live in urban or suburban areas and need guns like they need a hole in the head.

Guns can and will do nothing against government tyranny in 2012 America. Our gun obsession serves only to get a whole lot of innocents killed every year.

Think about the sad truth here:

Second Amendment Scorecard - Democratic Underground

I'm no fan of the site, but apparently there are copyright issues preventing posting of just the picture, hence the link. One picture speaks 1000 wise words.
People who are willing to surrender their liberty and deprive others of their natural right of self-defense are the problem with this country.

If you think that comic sketch at your link is "truth" and "wise" rather than hyperbole I have to question your grasp upon reality.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:11 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
You aren't going to get the Charleton Heston crowd to change their fervent stance any time soon, so indeed, the bullets will fly and the innocent people be damned!
Did you mean fervent or fevered?

Old 07-28-2012, 06:42 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rubbish this post is. how about we actually ENFORCE the gun laws already on the books?
As opposed to your one sentence masterpiece that misses dealing with the problem under discussion by a mile.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
As opposed to your one sentence masterpiece that misses dealing with the problem under discussion by a mile.
No not really........

For many of us and i am one the only way you will get my guns if from my cold dead fingers.
Now you may think that;s easy the cops can kill one guy, but there is 300 million more of me and then there is my son....

You should consider you are already surrounded and surrender, and so should Obama.

We the people have the real power in this country and the law is the law while it just hasn't been enfiorced properly dur to left wing interventions and the subsequent catch and release program we call the justice system.

When the left gets serious about 1 crime no paroll this mess will clean itself right up with no more trouble about it. But with this revoliving door system criminal go in to prison get a hot and cot and rest up fir the next crime wave, and don't tell me I am wrong. as i shot one bad guy who spent most of his life behind bars resting, but was still wanted for 6 more bench warrents ALL for violent and drug related crime!

No one will ever take my guns from me while i still breath no one.

So which do you like better the one sentace method or mine?

Old 07-28-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
People who are willing to surrender their liberty and deprive others of their natural right of self-defense are the problem with this country.

If you think that comic sketch at your link is "truth" and "wise" rather than hyperbole I have to question your grasp upon reality.
I don't think the sketch is truth - I know it is. So do you, but your extremist viewpoint prevents you from admitting it.

As to surrendering liberty, never once in my 62 years have I ever felt the need or desire to own a firearm. So I would miss that "liberty" about like I miss being able to go 140 mph on I-80.

Gun nuts are programmed for life to see reality as an endless series of hostile encounters....for which you must be prepared to unhesitatingly take other lives to save your own. Most of our world is, in fact, nothing like that. The small part that is mostly results from precisely that misguided mindset.

Think....

Old 07-28-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No not really........

For many of us and i am one the only way you will get my guns if from my cold dead fingers.
Now you may think that;s easy the cops can kill one guy, but there is 300 million more of me and then there is my son....

You should consider you are already surrounded and surrender, and so should Obama.

We the people have the real power in this country and the law is the law while it just hasn't been enfiorced properly dur to left wing interventions and the subsequent catch and release program we call the justice system.

When the left gets serious about 1 crime no paroll this mess will clean itself right up with no more trouble about it. But with this revoliving door system criminal go in to prison get a hot and cot and rest up fir the next crime wave, and don't tell me I am wrong. as i shot one bad guy who spent most of his life behind bars resting, but was still wanted for 6 more bench warrents ALL for violent and drug related crime!

No one will ever take my guns from me while i still breath no one.

So which do you like better the one sentace method or mine?
None of the above, because they perpetuate the problem - not solve it.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
The Constitution of the United States was specifically authored to protect the rights of the individual from the tyranny of the majority.

The individual is the basic unit who can make the best decisions for their life, not the government. By empowering the citizens of the United States to bear arms and remove a tyrannical government if necessary, the right to bear arms was embedded in our most precious document which enumerates the basic human rights of the individual.

A government that fears it's citizens is a Republic, when a citizen fears the goverment, that is tyranny.
In this country, the power lies with the people, not the government. The citizens decide who will stay in office, and who will be fired.

We elect officials to serve as representatives of our will, so protection of the Constitution should be job 1.
Sometimes we make a mistake and elect a president with no respect for our country, our people, our way of life, our Constitution and the common values that unite a nation. We will correct that mistake in November.

The right of self determination and self reliance are the foundation of what built this country. We didn't need the crown to tell us what when to take a dump or wipe our noses. If we succeed or fail it is because of our own sweat and intelligence, hard work and sacrifice, not because some government lacky allows it in return for favors or bribes.

We work around our government restrictions because all goverment does well is screw things up.

A Militia is a group of citizens who band together to protect themselves and their country from the overreaching grasp of politicians. Well organized means shared values and commitment to our country and our Constitution. We are all members of the militia because it is the duty of all citizens to protect their country from all enemies, foreign or domestic.

The Second Amendment is the one that gives people the final say in how our country is run. We don't have a monarchy, we have employees who work for us, (or are supposed to). The Second Amendment assures the right to free speech, to freedom of assembly, for the right to confront any accuser, for the right to worship as we choose, that we can decide our own destiny based on our will, our abilities, our talents, and our desire to make a better life for ourselves without the goverment stealing our work to redistribute to those who refuse to work.

Firearms in the hands of private citizens are power. The power to protect our homes, the power to stand up to the lawless, the power to topple tyrants and dictators.

I have been to Austrailia, and it is a great place to drink beer, chase girls, lie on the sand and watch the ocean.
I perfer a place where you work, you strive, you overcome, where you hold your destiny in your own hands for better or worse, and for the moment, you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

The citizens aren't worse off because of firearms, they are worse off when they have to fight the gangs, the goverment, and in some cases law enforcement to try and hold onto rights that are guarenteed by our Constitution.

You ask why we need guns? It isn't because we fear, it is because we fear NOTHING. We can overcome any obstical, any hardship, any trial or tribulation because we stand as Free Men and Women, ready to take up arms to protect the land we love.

With a firearm, a frail 80 year old woman can take out a gangbanger.
With a firearm, a child can stop a molester
With a firearm, a disabled person can stop a rapist.
With a firearm, a citizen can save this country.

That is why we have guns.

God didn't make men equal, Colonel Colt did.
This stands alone and is too important to waste....

Old 07-28-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
None of the above, because they perpetuate the problem - not solve it.
Well I don't see how the left will fix anything.... havent done a damnnned thing in the last 3.5 years and won't again for a very long time. Probably a time well past the time your grand children stop hating 2008 for the crime of theft before they were born.

All I can say is it's a good thing the UN treaty failed yesterday, as there would be a new war brewing inside the USA this time.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:16 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudee View Post
Some of you may be aware that in April 1996 36 people were killed and 23 wounded in the massacre at Port Arthur here in the State of Tasmania. This horrific event was a watershed for gun ownership in Australia. Under federal government co-ordination all Australian States and Territories banned and heavily restricted the legal ownership and use of self-loading rifles, self-loading and pump-action shotguns, and heavy controls on their legal use. The governmenyt initiated a "buy-back" scheme with the owners paid according to a table of valuations. Some 643,000 firearms were handed in at a cost of AUS $350 million which was funded by a temporary increase in the Medicare levy which raised AUS $500 million.

Okay, let the bullets fly!
Your country removed a right from its citizens because of the actions of a person who obviously had no place in society.

You punished everyone because of the illegal acts of one person.

That is crazy.

Deconstruct that act of government to its logical inputs and you can apply the same reasoning to a whole host of issues with detrimental results to your society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies