Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You've made an unsupported assumption.

A lower mill rate applies to all property.
But he's a renter, not an owner. It's up to his landlord to lower his rent which we all know won't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 02:33 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You've made an unsupported assumption.

A lower mill rate applies to all property.

I've made an assumption supported by decades of historical experience, there is no documented example of a lower mill rate allowing a burger flipper to keep more of what he earns.

Surely you remember Proposition 13. Despite claims by its supporters (read: ignorant or disingenuous property owners) that passage of Prop 13 would reduce rents, the passage of Prop 13 was followed by soaring rents and an angry backlash which imposed a number of local rent controls in California.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Does the burger flipper rent? If so then their rent may have either gone down, or not been increased. Also, the burger flipper's state taxes won't go up to pay down the state's debt, because Walker erased it.

BTW, the burger flipper at McDonalds did not have his health insurance destroyed because they got a waiver from ObamaCare

Show me a burger flipper who doesn't rent and I'll show you a burger flipper who either is homeless or lives with Mommy and Daddy.

I work with two dozen other people and our homeownership rate is zero.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:44 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
property taxes for their restaurants went down --> more money to stay in business --> upgrade old equipment etc --> they got a new machine...the foreman says it cuts manpower 'bout fifteen (TM Elton John) --> burger flipper unemployment goes up
LOL Yup, "With lower taxes, I can afford that new, fancy automated burger flipper machine, and be able to lay off four employees"

Old 07-26-2012, 03:06 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
He has done a super good job and amazing how much hate he had to overcome to put the state back on a sound economic position.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But he's a renter, not an owner. It's up to his landlord to lower his rent which we all know won't happen.
It'll stave off a big rent increase. Taxes don't go up; landlord has little reason to raise rent by much.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:40 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Isn't it amazing how much more efficienty anything runs when the obstacles known as Lefties and Democrats are simply removed?

Old 07-26-2012, 03:41 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
I've made an assumption supported by decades of historical experience, there is no documented example of a lower mill rate allowing a burger flipper to keep more of what he earns.
Lower taxes = lower landlord costs = lower rent increases

Quote:
Surely you remember Proposition 13. Despite claims by its supporters (read: ignorant or disingenuous property owners) that passage of Prop 13 would reduce rents, the passage of Prop 13 was followed by soaring rents and an angry backlash which imposed a number of local rent controls in California.
That was a supply and demand issue, not a tax issue. Don't want to get caught having to financially compete for a rental unit? Buy a condo, etc.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
unemployment down --> more people working (unless unemployment is down because ppl gave up looking for work, which is NOT the case in Wisconsin) --> more household formation (unemployed Junior gets a job, finds his own apt and moves out of Mom's basement) --> rental vacancies decline --> landlords raise rents --> burger flipper is now worse off
Wow, the burger flipper gets out of his moms house, gets his own and that is bad? That is amazing thinking, no wonder the left is so screwed.....

And provide so documentation for the rest....(land lord raises rent, rental vacancies decline, or do you really expect us to take your word for it).

Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Show me a burger flipper who doesn't rent and I'll show you a burger flipper who either is homeless or lives with Mommy and Daddy.

I work with two dozen other people and our homeownership rate is zero.
Burger flippers pay the taxes and shut the hell up. Thats what I have to say to burger flippers. I worked several jobs while educating myself during my early 20's. At one point lived in my car for a month. It motivated me to work harder and now I own my own business, put three kids through private school(so the state could pay for some friggin illegals to go) and been married 23 years.

So all I have to say is quit ****ing bitchin burger flippers and get to ****ing work. Asses and elbows gentlemen, asses and elbows.

Oh yeah Great Job Walker. That's the way to shove it to the Union Libturds in your state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies