Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 05:23 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I believe my original post went over some people's heads, and/or they didn't read it through. First, it was total sarcasm, when I referred to "banning guns." I am NO gun ban person. As I said, I have no problems with background checks, with convicted felon's and persons who are nut cases (proved) not being able to purchase or own firearms.

I also asked in my original post, WHAT the anti gun crowd wants? Of course, no one answered. NO ONE gave a step by step answer to what they wanted when it comes to guns. It was all "vague" and ambiguous. Liberals and their lies, always say, "reasonable gun control." Reasonable? What is reasonable?

I live in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. WE have the most restrictive gun laws in the COUNTRY. Yet, firearm violence is ASTRONOMICAL. With what occurred in Aurora, people in this state are asking for increased "gun control." What more increasing gun control can this state have? There is NOTHING this state can do, to increase "gun control," without the flat out banning of all firearms.

Let us all be honest here, for once. The liberal agenda (broad brush, I know) is to BAN private ownership of guns. Certain liberals may not like this idea, however, if it occurred, they would not balk at it either. The goal of ALL gun control groups is to BAN guns. They don't want you, me, or anyone else to own guns. They don't believe owning guns is proper.

For the crowd out there, since I've openly admitted this on this board, I am a police officer. As such, these banning laws, be it assault weapons, magazines (they are magazines people, not "clips"), et al, DOES NOT APPLY TO ME. I can buy any weapon, any number of magazines, any anything I want and then some.

However, these laws are still wrong. You can only do so much to protect people from themselves. Background checks? Yes. Waiting periods? Yes. Banning guns? No. Its a simple equation.
Broad generalization looks like what it is. I am as liberal as they come, and I have been a gun owner, hunter, and shooter for over a half century, and know a LOT of liberals who own and use firearms.

The biggest problem that we have is that the NRA people are incapable of having a rational conversation. That intractibility is far worse for their cause than compromise. The only good it does is to get people to send more money to the NRA because of constant whiny shilling by people like Wayne LaPierre, who, BTW, is the reason I quit the NRA. It used to be a good outfit, but now I put them on par with unions, totally unnecessary in most cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 10:04 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Rather than banning guns, just amputate the left and right trigger fingers of all males. Hear insurance might pay for that surgery.

Surgery would be more effective than most gun laws have proved effective. Both insane and both ineffective.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
If a ban on cell phones while driving saves one life , is it worth it? Would you support it?
I would support that, but i almost can't hear in the first place... it simply doesn't effect me, which is the exact same thing for gun grabbers who know nothing of guns other than media BS.

It makes them less guilty. In this way they can feel as if they did something and 'feel good', and if gun owners give them an inch, as the OP says, which shows in Kalifonia, guns will exist no more, and when that fails sticks and stones will be banned, and of course that won't work.

Gun grabbers don't work much in metals and so know seeming little of how easy it is to make shapes in metals and create items of all shapes and sizes to fire a projectile.

Because gun grabbers can't do these feats they think no one can because of course they are some smart people.

Gun grabbers feel guilt because they know there soft liberal ways have failed and the system of justice is a revolving door system made to make profit from taxes which increase the size of Govt spending, and this is a ponzi scheme of grand proportions.

Just look at what has happened to it takes a village to raise a idiot, err I mean a child....

But then there can be no ban, as there is an impoosible amount of guns that have been legal in the USA since we won the Rev war... I hear numbers like 300 million, but my guess is more even than that.

We hear about registration too, which most states never had and won't, and even if they do no one will go get registered. Gun owners know that deal as it has happened too many times in past history.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:06 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I would support that, but i almost can't hear in the first place... it simply doesn't effect me, which is the exact same thing for gun grabbers who know nothing of guns other than media BS.

It makes them less guilty. In this way they can feel as if they did something and 'feel good', and if gun owners give them an inch, as the OP says, which shows in Kalifonia, guns will exist no more, and when that fails sticks and stones will be banned, and of course that won't work.

Gun grabbers don't work much in metals and so know seeming little of how easy it is to make shapes in metals and create items of all shapes and sizes to fire a projectile.

Because gun grabbers can't do these feats they think no one can because of course they are some smart people.

Gun grabbers feel guilt because they know there soft liberal ways have failed and the system of justice is a revolving door system made to make profit from taxes which increase the size of Govt spending, and this is a ponzi scheme of grand proportions.

Just look at what has happened to it takes a village to raise a idiot, err I mean a child....

But then there can be no ban, as there is an impoosible amount of guns that have been legal in the USA since we won the Rev war... I hear numbers like 300 million, but my guess is more even than that.

We hear about registration too, which most states never had and won't, and even if they do no one will go get registered. Gun owners know that deal as it has happened too many times in past history.
Let's be honest.

The namby pamby liberals don't want to own a gun (ewww) s-o-o-o .. They don't think that you should have one either!

How about this Lib's .. You figure out a way to 'alleviate' ALL of the guns from the criminals (and that includes Government criminals) and maybe 'then' we can discuss , law abiding citizens giving up theirs!?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:22 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Broad generalization looks like what it is. I am as liberal as they come, and I have been a gun owner, hunter, and shooter for over a half century, and know a LOT of liberals who own and use firearms.

The biggest problem that we have is that the NRA people are incapable of having a rational conversation. That intractibility is far worse for their cause than compromise. The only good it does is to get people to send more money to the NRA because of constant whiny shilling by people like Wayne LaPierre, who, BTW, is the reason I quit the NRA. It used to be a good outfit, but now I put them on par with unions, totally unnecessary in most cases.
Ok, let us agree about the NRA, etc. Now what? What gun control do you want in place, which isn't already there?

The ONLY thing we can do as a free society is have background checks and waiting periods. Those issues are already in place.

The ONLY thing left is BANNING GUNS PERIOD. And, as I have said, what would that accomplish? There are MILLIONS of guns, all unregistered, all over this country. HOW are we going to deal with those guns and even the registered ones? Ok, ban them now. It MAY have an effect in 500 years. Maybe, possibly, perhaps.

The problem is, the liberal majority, don't want to address the true issues, which I have outlined. They want to ban guns, outright, and hide behind "gun control." When the fact is, it cannot be done. However, it makes them feel good and, to a voting population, look good. THAT is the facts.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:29 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald
It is NOT generalizing when you say that it is The Liberals who lead the way when it comes to banning guns!

I know of no Constitutionalist or True conservative who wishes to do so!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Cuebald, let us know when you have crushed your guns ok?

My state considers me Independant, I consider myself a Constitutionalist, and so I believe the 1st is 1st for a reason, and the 2nd is the 2nd for a related reason.

Once a man had to back up his talk with his honor, and that was done on a field of honor. Too bad that isn't in vouge today, as there would be a lot more silence, and most people would be dammned polite.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Default The far left advocates for government sponsored mulitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Rather than banning guns, just amputate the left and right trigger fingers of all males. Hear insurance might pay for that surgery.

Surgery would be more effective than most gun laws have proved effective. Both insane and both ineffective.
Government sponsored mutilation of citizens via Obamacare to ban guns? Seriously?

Talk about being mentally disturbed. That suggestion is worthy of a rubber-room with a straight jacket.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
“This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” —Adolf Hitler, 1935

Old 07-31-2012, 09:28 AM

390 posts, read 265,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
If a ban on cell phones while driving saves one life , is it worth it? Would you support it?
No. There are countless distractions people go through while driving, banning a single one of them won't matter.

I've seen women doing makeup while driving. People reading books or maps while driving.

We need to ban stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies