Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:54 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Every seat was filled by a person with a ticket for which he paid. That really gripes you and the others whose replies I have just read, doesn't it. At least time we know how many people the stadium holds and no lefty can argue about the headcount. Heeee heeee heeee.
Well, Roy, you're right. He did fill the stadium to capacity. I heard that there were a bunch of Winnebagos parked outside selling hash pipes and Grateful Dead, tie-dyed tea shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Every seat was filled by a person with a ticket for which he paid. That really gripes you and the others whose replies I have just read, doesn't it. At least time we know how many people the stadium holds and no lefty can argue about the headcount. Heeee heeee heeee.
Unfortunately for you it does not "gripe" me. LOL It was just a simple question. And the answer is, according to you, yes, all those people paid for a ticket to get in.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:56 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Attached Thumbnails
65,000 Gather For Glenn Beck Event-snakeoil1.jpg  

Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Americans have always fallen for these charlatans. When someone is selling hope, and giving you an enemy to direct your hatred towards at the same time, it makes for an intoxicating mixture for those unable to see through the act.

Sometimes they are preaching salvation, at other times in history they were selling hair tonic, this guy preaches conspiracies and patriotism in a combination of pride and revulsion sure to reach the heights and depths of your emotional spectrum.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:58 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, Roy, you're right. He did fill the stadium to capacity. I heard that there were a bunch of Winnebagos parked outside selling hash pipes and Grateful Dead, tie-dyed tea shirts.
Idiots love it when you tell them they are right. Thats why 65000 of them bought tickets to hear him speak.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM)- More than 65,000 people filled Cowboys Stadium to see one of the most polarizing figures in America: Glenn Beck. Thousands of Beck supporters traveled from various states to hear his message."

Thousands Gather For Beck Event « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

And the kooks from Westboro Baptist Church protested it. Don't those people have anything else to do? Where do they get their money to do all of that traveling, anyway? Has anyone ever figured that out? The event was called "Restoring Love." Guess there is none of that in the Westboro Baptist Church. They're the ones that protest at soldiers funerals and carry all of the disgusting anti-gay signs.
It is always interesting to see that so many of our liberal friends just don't read links but love to comment about them. Your first answerer proved to know nothing about the link when he/she asked if all those people paid for tickets.

Of course, in reading link I found that the Westboro people managed to attend but protested from outside. I wonder if they tried to buy tickets and couldn't. Anyway all our liberal friends could find that the Westboro people agree with their thinking about Beck. Maybe they need to enlist the aid of the Westboro people.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Default Way to keep it classy......NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Notice the far left has a real problem that Beck's event was sucessful and that thousands of volunteers gave their service to those in the Dallas area in need.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Tickets were purchased and 100% of the proceeds after expenses were donated to charity. If you'd like details you can visit GBTV.

Horrible piece of what passes for journalism. Slanted to the left by a mile and lacking details on the event while instead focusing on the detractors. The reporting MSM local affiliate should be ashamed.
That's great that the proceeds were donated to charity. No need to visit GBTV; I take your word for it.

Not sure what you mean about journalism. I haven't read anything about this event, other than it was going to happen. Doesn't mean that negative stuff wasn't written; I just haven't read it because I haven't looked.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Notice the far left has a real problem that Beck's event was sucessful and that thousands of volunteers gave their service to those in the Dallas area in need.

And John Stewarts events were successful, and Chris Matthews on site events are successful, etc.

Marketing can sale anything to anyone, if they are stupid enough to buy it.

Becks successful event doesn't make him anymore right then the Presidents sold out events make him right.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
......... When someone is selling hope, and giving you an enemy to direct your hatred towards at the same time, it makes for an intoxicating mixture for those unable to see through the act.........
I'm quite certain that is how Obama got elected.

Meanwhile, what have you done to organize thousands for a day of service and charity in the aid of others in a major American metroplex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies