Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 11:10 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times

Advertisements

I still think Asians are more successful because whites don't see them as threatning physically.
Black men and women are still seen as intimidating even when they aren't doing anything,just because they are taller and bigger I statue.

But
These same people on here praising Asians are the first ones to bash them too.
Examples: most Muslims are from Asian countries. When these same successful Asians want accomodations for their religion the bashing begins.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
This thread is hilariously bizarre.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
In spite of the reprehensible things that FDR & our government did to the Asians in the early 1940s, they never brought into the 'victim mentality' that creatures since as Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson, or 'poverty pimps' as Walter E. Williams so perfectly described them have brainwashed the African-Americans of this country with.

The fact that 39% and 43% of the 2011 freshman classes at Stanford & UCLA respectively were of Asian descent tells you all you need to know regarding their off-the-charts levels of ambition and refusal to adhere to the victimhood nonsense espoused by our President and 'whiner-in-chief'.

They also have the highest approval rate for mortgages of any ethnic group in this country as Thomas Sowell has pointed out several times; how's that for a work ethic and sky-high levels of ambition?
Whoa - "Asians" is a sweeping generalization.
Chinese workers were imported into the west to help do the 'dirty work' - like build railroads - in the 1860s. They were often mistreated and pushed into enclaves for mutual support.
Chinese American history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And it was only the Japanese who were mistreated by relocation to internment camps.
Asian Indians were routinely discriminated against, too.
Indian American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,548,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why are you so bothered by the addressing of these issues in their entirety? These issues do not exist in a bubble. Why are you so threatened by my comments that you decide to make this discussion personal?

Oh and although I consider myself Black I'm also part Asian
Self-hating Asian?

You haven't posted anything to indicate your pride in your ethnic group.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Why is Asian American Unemployment Very Low?
Because Asians are largely self-employed.....something the majority of Americans are too afraid to do.

Seemingly...

Mircea

Old 08-06-2012, 12:07 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Self-hating Asian?

You haven't posted anything to indicate your pride in your ethnic group.
Maybe he/she doesn't speak much of her Asian side because she know America sees them as black?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Maybe he/she doesn't speak much of her Asian side because she know America sees them as black?
Huh?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:53 PM

410 posts, read 398,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I still think Asians are more successful because whites don't see them as threatning physically.
Black men and women are still seen as intimidating even when they aren't doing anything,just because they are taller and bigger I statue.
Ah yes, I can almost hear the quandary:
Whites - Here I have a well qualified, hard working Black Gentleman but I shouldn't let him succeed as he can surely pin me in Greco-Roman wrestling.

Flippancy aside, the last black gentleman I worked with had a dual degree in Computer Science + Applied Math from Carnegie Mellon (and long dreadlocks to boot).
He got the job only because he was the best among the candidates we had interviewed.

Most often that not, you get what you put in.
Asians (or any other denominations) are doing well because they work harder than the rest.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Most blacks alive today were born after all the Civil Rights stuff had been worked out.

true but that still does not stop the overt racism, Hell even the president still has to deal with it.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
true but that still does not stop the overt racism, Hell even the president still has to deal with it.
What "overt" racism?

I'd bet a black person who magically appeared in 2012 America from 1923 Alabama would laugh at your idea of "overt" racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies