Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 11:46 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times

Advertisements

An article from Time magazine .. another “NeoCon” source ..

In-N-Out Burger Donates Thousands to Republican Party | Time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 11:50 AM

15,525 posts, read 10,491,591 times
A couple of years ago, they opened a few stores in Dallas. All our California refugees were quite pleased. With all the lines and stuff, it looked a bit like the second coming. I think this boycott will be a failure, here anyway.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:50 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,296,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
No it is a thing liberals are actually doing . Hmm NBC is a NeoCon news site ?

Really ?
How did you fit so many lies and misinformation into such a short post?

1. The article you cited, said people are THREATENING to do it, not actually doing it.
2. to my point, they only cited 3 twitter posts, that does not equate to "all liberals", or even "most liberals"
3. The source is a local NBC affiliate in LA. I have no way to know what their political affiliation is, but it is not an NBC source, it is a local station, who is an NBC affiliate. (VERY Different)

The source you quoted though, they did a pretty good job, so it looks like they are like NBC. Fair. They reported a story, that some people (assumed by you to be libs, and probably so) are threatening to boycott.

It was you who took it and ran with it to fit your agenda. They did not say that it is some sort of widespread movement among a significant number of left-leaning people. YOu made that stuff up, or interpreted the news to fit your agenda.

And finally, we need to know: Is the mainstream media reliable or not. Either they are, and you live with it, or they are not, and you quit cherry-picking their stories that fit your agenda. Make a stand man!!!!

Old 08-30-2018, 11:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Yeah it's like YETI & NFL -- most on the left and right won't be bothered to boycott.

I suspect it won't make much of a dent in the lines though -- lol.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:51 AM

20,859 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Yeah we know conservatives never boycott anything for political reasons.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:52 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ah liberals so tolerant .

I actually wouldn’t mind a boycott if it means I might get my burger a little quicker .

Please liberals .. resist and don’t support those evil Republicans that run in n out and pay good wages to their employees and deliver the freshest product and best customer service in the industry at an affordable price ..

Do you guys realize how ridiculous and petty this stuff makes you look ?

Another day another liberal boycott ..
—-
Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party.
According to a public filing on the California Secretary of State’s website, In-N-Out made the multi-thousand dollar donation Monday.

One Twitter user tweeted, "This really bums me out because I’m a regular customer... BUT I cannot spent money with a company that supports the current GOP! #BoycottInNOut."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewsDeskFB_KNBC
I like to think I can agree to disagree with people and all is well, but for some reason these people really make my blood boil. They are trying to silence people if they think differently. This will have an effect on companies that want to donate to the party of their choice. I’m starting to actively hate these activist types.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:52 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Talk about being tolerant, I guess you forgot all the Conservative boycotts. Need I remind you of the Target boycott over their support of the LGBT community. The Dick's boycott over their stopping of selling guns. The Delta boycott over their ending the NRA discount. The Red Hen boycott over their kicking out Sarah the liar Huckabee. Yeah but lets talk about liberals not being tolerant!
Not to mention the Starbucks boycott over...whatever it is. Red cups?

Old 08-30-2018, 11:53 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
It's still a local family owned and run business. They could close down tomorrow and the owners will still be extremely wealthy and live happily ever after. The only ones that would be hurt are their employees and people that love those yummy burgers.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:53 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Sooner or later they're gonna want a double-double.
Even if trump came out on an In n Out ad, no matter what side your on your gonna crave that freshness.

Even if Obama was endorsed, Trumpers just won't resist either. In n Out flavor is new bipartisan..

In n Out is just too awesome to boycott..
I don’t see too many “Trumpers” doing this stuff. Don’t act like it’s equal.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:57 AM

50,246 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Don't forget to order the fries extra crispy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies