Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 12:02 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times

Advertisements

It might be like the Chick Fila boycott. Here, on the boycott day there was a two plus hour wait at Chick Fila. People said it was fun. Kind of a highly social anti-protest. The people I know did not get any food, The Chick Fila they went to ran out of food before the line ran through. My friends were still glad they went, they said it was fun.

In and OUt may get swamped the day to "boycott" goes into effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 12:09 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
How did you fit so many lies and misinformation into such a short post?

1. The article you cited, said people are THREATENING to do it, not actually doing it.
2. to my point, they only cited 3 twitter posts, that does not equate to "all liberals", or even "most liberals"
3. The source is a local NBC affiliate in LA. I have no way to know what their political affiliation is, but it is not an NBC source, it is a local station, who is an NBC affiliate. (VERY Different)

The source you quoted though, they did a pretty good job, so it looks like they are like NBC. Fair. They reported a story, that some people (assumed by you to be libs, and probably so) are threatening to boycott.

It was you who took it and ran with it to fit your agenda. They did not say that it is some sort of widespread movement among a significant number of left-leaning people. YOu made that stuff up, or interpreted the news to fit your agenda.

And finally, we need to know: Is the mainstream media reliable or not. Either they are, and you live with it, or they are not, and you quit cherry-picking their stories that fit your agenda. Make a stand man!!!!
So you are admitting that liberals threaten and don’t follow through . I probably agree with you on that .
I never said that it’s all liberals , but 100% of these people ARE liberals .
NBC is very liberal they made a $200 million investment in Vox Media just one example .

Old 08-30-2018, 12:11 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
In Texas there’s a big rivalry between In-N-Out and Whataburger, but of course there isn’t an In-N-Out near me. I finally got an opportunity to try one in New Braunfels and it was delicious. I don’t know if it was so good because I just got done tubing down the river, or if it’s just so good because it IS, but man that was a good fast food burger! Whataburger is good when you happen to go to a well managed one, but unfortunately those seem to be rare these days.
I first ate In-N-Out in the 1970s because their second location wasn't too far from where I was growing up. It was the best fast food burger then and it still is now in So Cal. Almost 50 years later, their burgers and menu are exactly the same. It's about keeping it simple with fresh ingredients. No one else has come close in doing the same thing as they do.
When I went to college, I knew people that would drive from San Diego to LA area just to eat there on a whim, and that's not a lie. Back then there were only a hand full of In-N-Outs and all in the San Gabriel Valley Pomona area.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:12 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
From the article: "Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party."
If you are going to be upset about that, be upset when another company does the same to a local Democratic Party.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:12 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's still a local family owned and run business. They could close down tomorrow and the owners will still be extremely wealthy and live happily ever after. The only ones that would be hurt are their employees and people that love those yummy burgers.
Owner, not owners.

The entire chain is owned by one person, Lynsi Snyder, the only grandchild of founders Harry and Esther Snyder.

She inherited the remainder of the company that she didn't already own on her 35th birthday.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
From the article: "Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party."
If you are going to be upset about that, be upset when another company does the same to a local Democratic Party.
It doesn't upset me at all. It will go the same way Chicfilet thing went, no where. Besides, In-N-OUT is so popular and constantly busy, they can well afford to lose a handful of customers due to political ignorance.
I know several people that would eat there more often but the lines are too long.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Owner, not owners.

The entire chain is owned by one person, Lynsi Snyder, the only grandchild of founders Harry and Esther Snyder.

She inherited the remainder of the company that she didn't already own on her 35th birthday.
Thanks. I knew she owned it. I saw a special about her on TV a few years ago.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:26 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ah liberals so tolerant .

I actually wouldn’t mind a boycott if it means I might get my burger a little quicker .

Please liberals .. resist and don’t support those evil Republicans that run in n out and pay good wages to their employees and deliver the freshest product and best customer service in the industry at an affordable price ..

Do you guys realize how ridiculous and petty this stuff makes you look ?

Another day another liberal boycott ..
—-
Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party.
According to a public filing on the California Secretary of State’s website, In-N-Out made the multi-thousand dollar donation Monday.

One Twitter user tweeted, "This really bums me out because I’m a regular customer... BUT I cannot spent money with a company that supports the current GOP! #BoycottInNOut."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewsDeskFB_KNBC

ONE Twitter user tweeted and that means "Liberals boycotting"?

Fake News!

Old 08-30-2018, 12:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Owner, not owners.

Yeah shes on her fourth marriage which is kind of interesting at 36 .
She doesn’t to many media appearances but I don’t blame her either .
Probably figured wants the point . Not like it’s some new company and she owns the whole thing .

Old 08-30-2018, 12:30 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ah liberals so tolerant .

I actually wouldn’t mind a boycott if it means I might get my burger a little quicker .

Please liberals .. resist and don’t support those evil Republicans that run in n out and pay good wages to their employees and deliver the freshest product and best customer service in the industry at an affordable price ..

Do you guys realize how ridiculous and petty this stuff makes you look ?

Another day another liberal boycott ..
—-
Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party.
According to a public filing on the California Secretary of State’s website, In-N-Out made the multi-thousand dollar donation Monday.

One Twitter user tweeted, "This really bums me out because I’m a regular customer... BUT I cannot spent money with a company that supports the current GOP! #BoycottInNOut."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewsDeskFB_KNBC
Free Speech and people spending their money the way they want is so unfair!!

If you publically support a repulsive political party, some folks will choose to not associate with you.

Are't you folks all about freedom of association? Or does that only apply when you want to discriminate against [insert minority boogey-man of the month]?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies