Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 08:20 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
John Cox the Republican running for Gov of CA

Just tweeted a pic of himself out side IN N OUT trolling Gavin Newsom

Classic!

https://twitter.com/TheRealJohnHCox/...394692609?s=20
He can look back at the photo fondly after he gets trounced in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 08:30 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Ah liberals so tolerant .

I actually wouldn’t mind a boycott if it means I might get my burger a little quicker .

Please liberals .. resist and don’t support those evil Republicans that run in n out and pay good wages to their employees and deliver the freshest product and best customer service in the industry at an affordable price ..

Do you guys realize how ridiculous and petty this stuff makes you look ?
This doesn't make anyone look ridiculous. People have been voting with their feet forever. I haven't gone to Chick whatever for 30 years. I haven't gone to Carl's Jr. for 40 years. I don't go to Walmart either. The fact is that there are a lot of alternatives out there, at least where I live. People do what they think is right. Or not. Some people pay no attention. And some people make a judgement to support it anyway. People can be motivated by lots of things. It says nothing about tolerance, either. If I don't want my money going to a certain cause, I can avoid that establishment. No guarantee it will do anything, but I believe people should be able to make choices about what restaurant they go to without being ridiculed about non-existent intolerance. Freedom of choice!

Old 08-30-2018, 08:31 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:

I actually wouldn’t mind a boycott if it means I might get my burger a little quicker .

Please liberals .. resist and don’t support those evil Republicans that run in n out and pay good wages to their employees and deliver the freshest product and best customer service in the industry at an affordable price ..

Another day another liberal boycott ..
—-
Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party.
According to a public filing on the California Secretary of State’s website, In-N-Out made the multi-thousand dollar donation Monday.

One Twitter user tweeted, "This really bums me out because I’m a regular customer... BUT I cannot spent money with a company that supports the current GOP! #BoycottInNOut."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewsDeskFB_KNBC
Like the time the conservatives tried to organize a Starbucks boycott over a hoax?

Or the time conservatives boycotted Netflix over Obama getting a tv special?
https://www.newsweek.com/boycott-net...ew-show-939417

Or the time they boycotted Nordstrom’s over dropping ivankas line?

Or Star Wars rogue one because they thought some scenes were critical of trump or fascists?

Why are your boycotts ok but no one else’s are? Or is it maybe because ours are more successful?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:37 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
I have never eaten at In & Out and don't knw if I ever will. Of course, I live in South Carolina and probably won't travel anywhere there is one. I'd love to eat there though. We have Cook Out here in the Carolinas and I love it. I also eat at Chick-Fil-A even though I find some of their policies in the past troubling. Their customer service in the stores is top notch! Boycotts are kinda dumb no matter who is calling for them. I can deal with folks having different opinions than mine. Not everyone can

Old 08-30-2018, 08:44 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
This is different. Its not over a specific issue its merely for support of republicans.
They want to intimidate businesses to stop contributing. It seems the left does not tolerate others having different views than theirs.
And they call trump a facist.
But this is a stupid boycott. In n out is a very successful company and its doubtful this will even be noticed. Much of the far left are vegans and didnt go there anyway.
Now a boycott of tofu king...

Old 08-30-2018, 08:50 PM

805 posts, read 1,084,995 times
Haha, you can only resist In n' Out for so long...eventually, their hunger, appetite, and common sense is going to come back to them and they'll think "why in the world am I boycotting this?"

Which reminds me. Two of my absolute favorite fast-food places in America, In n' Out and Chick-fil-A. Both run by Christians, both run by conservatives, both make you feel like a million bucks and happy when you're there, both with amazing-tasting, quality and affordable food. I love going into both of these places, and the lines and crowded restaurants at seemingly every location tell you they're doing something right!

Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:

Another day another liberal boycott ..
—-
Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party.
According to a public filing on the California Secretary of State’s website, In-N-Out made the multi-thousand dollar donation Monday.

One Twitter user tweeted, "This really bums me out because I’m a regular customer... BUT I cannot spent money with a company that supports the current GOP! #BoycottInNOut."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewsDeskFB_KNBC
I freely boycott the businesses who I disagree with, but I don’t see anything wrong with donating to a particular party unless the donors specifically made it a point to say that they donated for Republicans’ stance based on animus towards a certain segment of people- like CFA did. In n Out is religious, but they don’t throw it in your face the way that Carl’s Jr. Used to do.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:46 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
This. Honestly, I don't think you can beat a good Whataburger. However, and this is a big however, not all the stores are equal. I've had some really bad Whataburgers, it all depends on the individual store. I have a good one by me, thank goodness. Anyway, In-N-Out has always been consistent, that's a huge plus. The best thing being their super crisp fresh lettuce, onions and stuff. I can't get into their fries though, they taste like cardboard.
I just loved how many workers there were, all ready and eager to serve. It may have been a new one, or just that Texas German culture in New Braunfels that made it so good, but I really dug that. It was like Chick-fil-A customer service on steroids. I remember when the Whataburger down the street from me when I was growing up was like that, but now I have four Whataburgers close by and not one of them could match the one I grew up by.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:56 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
A good friend of mine from college in California was from a small town between Columbus and Cleveland. He was always going on and on about White Castle. A few years later, my girlfriend and I drove back east for a wedding and went to, IIRC, two different White Castles (one in Ohio, and one, IIRC, in Michigan....Yuck. Never again. Five Guys is okay but, as another poster pointed out, Five Guys is more expensive than IN-N-OUT.
White Castle was really good back in the ‘70s when I used to visit my dad in Chicago. I’m sure like most fast food, their quality has gone way down since then.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:23 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
LOL...California Republicans would be considered Democrats Lite in many parts of the country. Do they think they're hurting Trump by not eating In N Out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies