Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 12:35 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Thanks. I knew she owned it. I saw a special about her on TV a few years ago.
I wonder if she made the decision to donate that money, or if it was one or more of the top executives she employs to actually run the company?

I've been to (off the top of my head) many in the Southland, the Bay Area, the Central Valley, Las Vegas, one in Utah, and some in North Texas. The closest one to me is the one in Austin, which is about 155 miles from my house. I haven't been to that one yet. I wish we had one here in the Houston metro . But if they only opened one here....I can just imagine the crowds .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 12:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Just one more reason why I favor In-N-Out!!
And that works perfectly. Liberals have just as much right to boycott them as Republicans have favoring them.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:38 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I wonder if she made the decision to donate that money, or if it was one or more of the top executives she employs to actually run the company?

I've been to (off the top of my head) many in the Southland, the Bay Area, the Central Valley, Las Vegas, one in Utah, and some in North Texas. The closest one to me is the one in Austin, which is about 155 miles from my house. I haven't been to that one yet. I wish we had one here in the Houston metro . But if they only opened one here....I can just imagine the crowds .
It's my understanding that they won't go nationwide and Texas is as far east as they will expand but who knows, Texas is a huge state. Being able to keep a handle on quality control was the issue with expanding further.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:41 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And that works perfectly. Liberals have just as much right to boycott them as Republicans have favoring them.
Not very many people are so politically inclined as to not eat at one of their favorite places, just because they made a donation to a political party. It's really pretty silly but we're all free to do what we believe is best.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:48 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah shes on her fourth marriage which is kind of interesting at 36 .
She doesn’t to many media appearances but I don’t blame her either .
Probably figured wants the point . Not like it’s some new company and she owns the whole thing .
Yeah, the company has great success with the family over the years keeping a relatively low profile. Although she has given a few more interviews in recent years. I already knew almost all of the publicly known 'highlights' re her profile (including her marriages), but I was just looking at her Wikipedia page, and I did learned something new. I didn't know until now that she has survived two kidnapping attempts.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:49 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Meh. I've been "boycotting" In-n-Out for many years because I think it's overrated. Just an average hamburger, not worth standing in long lines for. Shrug.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:52 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ah liberals so tolerant .

I actually wouldn’t mind a boycott if it means I might get my burger a little quicker .

Please liberals .. resist and don’t support those evil Republicans that run in n out and pay good wages to their employees and deliver the freshest product and best customer service in the industry at an affordable price ..

Do you guys realize how ridiculous and petty this stuff makes you look ?

Another day another liberal boycott ..
—-
Many may argue that In-N-Out Burger has the most loyal customers. However, many of them are reportedly boycotting the burger chain after it donated $25,000 to the California Republican Party.
According to a public filing on the California Secretary of State’s website, In-N-Out made the multi-thousand dollar donation Monday.

One Twitter user tweeted, "This really bums me out because I’m a regular customer... BUT I cannot spent money with a company that supports the current GOP! #BoycottInNOut."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewsDeskFB_KNBC
Really? There's one not too far from me. I haven't had an In N Out burger for a long time. Maybe I'll pay them a visit and tell them how wonderful they are as I order a meal. I wonder if they have stickers, I want to put one on my car to pi$$ off all the liberals in this state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Yeah, but you have Whataburger which is really good.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:56 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Boycotts are stupid. If the product is good and I am not harassed by the company then I will buy their products. I surely miss In N Out. Just bought a Yeti cooler. Love it and it's pink.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Not very many people are so politically inclined as to not eat at one of their favorite places, just because they made a donation to a political party. It's really pretty silly but we're all free to do what we believe is best.
It's not silly at all. If one feels that a single party with complete and total control of all aspects of American government is destroying the country and allowing one man to do anything he wants with zero restraint, and that giving money to In-N-Out will result in that money going directly in the pockets of the offending party, boycotting makes complete sense.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:01 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's not silly at all. If one feels that a single party with complete and total control of all aspects of American government is destroying the country and allowing one man to do anything he wants with zero restraint, and that giving money to In-N-Out will result in that money going directly in the pockets of the offending party, boycotting makes complete sense.
Reality is it’s the Democratic Party responsible for the problems in California , not the Republican Party . The Democratic Party is in charge here .
The donation was to the California Republican Party not to Trump or the national GOP .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies