Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 AM

645 posts, read 989,192 times

Advertisements

Who in their right mind would boycott getting down on some "in & out?"

Dam*...if it were up to me, I'd be getting me some of that "in & out" every night!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 10:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
They will have to take on Windy's as well as they supported 'Chick-fil-A' with posters on their windows that read 'Eat At Chick-fil-A Today' during the Chick-fil-A celebration day.
Those franchisees were told by corporate to remove those posters, and marquees.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times
It's sad that you have to do homework on a restaurant's owner before you can enjoy a greasy meal.

Also, why are so many Chinese restaurants owned by Christians?

It is a confusing world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This. I'm boycotting Chick Fil A and am very much in favor of equal rights for gays. I'm also not Christian, but I don't find In N Out's Bible verses offensive at all. A bit silly, but not offensive.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:43 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This. I'm boycotting Chick Fil A and am very much in favor of equal rights for gays. I'm also not Christian, but I don't find In N Out's Bible verses offensive at all. A bit silly, but not offensive.
Agreed. Here in so Texas, we have a hamburger chain called Whataburger. Their burgers are often considered BETTER than INO in these parts. Whataburger stores have a large decal which states "One Nation under GOD". Although this decal "raises my antennae", I have not heard about any donations to causes that I disagree with. Since I was raised in Corpus Christi (Whataburger's hometown), I know that Whataburger does a lot for people in the communities that it serves. When I was in 6th grade for example, Whataburger donated FREE burgers to the "graduates". That kind gesture has always stayed in my mind.
I will be spending my dollars at Whataburger and locally owned businesses that deserve my business.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Agreed. Here in so Texas, we have a hamburger chain called Whataburger. Their burgers are often considered BETTER than INO in these parts. Whataburger stores have a large decal which states "One Nation under GOD". Although this decal "raises my antennae", I have not heard about any donations to causes that I disagree with. Since I was raised in Corpus Christi (Whataburger's hometown), I know that Whataburger does a lot for people in the communities that it serves. When I was in 6th grade for example, Whataburger donated FREE burgers to the "graduates". That kind gesture has always stayed in my mind.
I will be spending my dollars at Whataburger and locally owned businesses that deserve my business.
Oh, yeah. A Whataburger with cheese and jalapeno is at the top of my fast food list.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Yeah, that's Carl's Jr's schtick. They drench it in mayo and ketchup so that it slimes every where and is kind of disgusting. Their motto is "If it doesn't get all over the place it doesn't belong in your face". Personally, I'd rather they concentrate on just making their burgers taste better so they don't have to cover it up with absurd amounts of condiments.

That said, yep, they pay the lowest of all the fast food chains, even lower than McD's, so EVERYONE in all of their locations are nothing but illegals. They were also one of the fast food companies which used pink slime in their burgers (something even McD's rejected as too low in quality) so they serve some pretty low quality stuff and will do absolutely anything to make an extra $0.000001.
Do you know this (the bolded sentence) for a fact? If so, can you provide a source backing up your statement?

Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Agreed. Here in so Texas, we have a hamburger chain called Whataburger. .
We have Whataburger in Az. They put out a fine product. However, In N Out is better by far and now, with the introduction of 5 Guys Hamburgers and Smashburger, Whataburgers popularity will likely decline more.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do you know this (the bolded sentence) for a fact? If so, can you provide a source backing up your statement?
Well, when you consider that none of the workers speaks english as a first language, what are we to think? El Pollo Loco, ditto.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times
What's the deal with the Sonic Guys.

They've been together at least ten years.

Carpe Burrito - YouTube

Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
Um, OK good for you?
The OP asked what people thought of this, and they (the poster to whom you're responding) were answering with their perspective... why the rude reply?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies