Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Sure... Let's all go back to the days of the wild, wild, west....

At least the numbers were less, of those who were shot in the back by cowards.

I say it is time to go back to when men & women felt they controlled their own lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 03:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The reason I don't think it was some American that was after Muslims is that it seems a bit targetted -- the visiting clerics were shot and the leader of the temple -- how would an American kind of guy know which ones to target?
I just read somewhere the shooter was a caucasian male. If that's rumour, then it could just be like you mentioned.

I'm not sure of how much others know but I have known that the Sikhs have a huge history of terrorism prior to terrorism even becoming a buzz word. Plane hijacking, shootings, lootings and murders, they are champs from yesteryears.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
So, in your mind, the Sikhs should give up Sikhism religion?
I did not say that. You said it.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:53 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I did not say that. You said it.
Err, letting the hair grow is an integral part of the observance of their faith.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Sikhs bring their own baggage to the table. It was radical Sikhs that brought down an air India flight off the coast of Ireland and it was Radical Sikhs who bombed a Canadian plane out of Vancouver and attempted to bomb another.

Their beoved Temple of Amristar was attacked by the Indian Army in response to acts of terrorism perpetrated within India.

Sikh's have been upset over one thing or another with Indian leaders for decades and are not above acts of terrorism, up to and including assasination of leaders to achieve their aims. Understandable if some second party decides to axact revenge, and the "wheel goes 'round and 'round".

Were an American involved in this attack; it might be because Sikhs and Muslims have been operating commercial endeavours out of their tax exempt religious "churches" for years now engaging in shippin brokers for the independant truckers of the same faith. They can undercut just about anybody trying to make a living as an owner operator by using their tax exmpt status to arrange loads throughout the north american continent temple network.

Your's and the Canadian government have been aware of this tax dodge for some years now but both are AFRAID to address it during these politically correct times.

There could be any number of reasons why someone would have shot up a temple.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Err, letting the hair grow is an integral part of the observance of their faith.
Would you like to say that to Sikhs without the turban, Bob?

Old 08-05-2012, 04:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
I carry when I'm in a church.

I had my 1911 with me when I got married.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I just read somewhere the shooter was a caucasian male. If that's rumour, then it could just be like you mentioned.

I'm not sure of how much others know but I have known that the Sikhs have a huge history of terrorism prior to terrorism even becoming a buzz word. Plane hijacking, shootings, lootings and murders, they are champs from yesteryears.
Yes, I've heard reports of that also -- but what exactly is a "caucasian", and many Indians and Middle Easterners are caucasians. The mountains that caucausians are named after is in India.

Interesting how on the Times of India site they are not jumping to the conclusion that it's some redneck guy, and even those who do (apparently Hindus) are blaming the Sikhs for looking like Muslims because they won't adapt their looks.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:03 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,752 times
Many people are commenting that Sikhs are attacked because they resemble muslims due to turban and beard. It means that if someone is muslim they can be attacked???? shameful!!!!! Violence because someone looks different or different color, religion has no place in US. its a tragic incident. I feel sorry for victims.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I carry when I'm in a church.
Good idea -- maybe this was some Aurora movie theater copy-cat nutcase that was just looking for any crowded place on a Sunday morning, maybe any church with people would have been the only crowds to find on a Sunday morning -- a lot of churches are mostly empty and would have been bypassed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies