Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Wow..where were you when Bush was President ?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.
Really? Did liberals respect President Bush's title when he was in office? Or was he Dubya or Dubz or just W?

Do liberals respect Romeny now? Or is he Mittens or Willard?

Can't have it both ways.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:

no he's the (obamanator), <definition> trail of destruction in it's wake...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
they won't listen, instead they'll defend it , say how hes a bad president and deserves it or how bush got called bad names too so they will become just like the liberals they claim did the same act

Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Quote:
But don't worry. It's nothing personal. They just call him obummer, Obozo, the Kenyan etc. because they disagree with his policies. You know how we liberals don't know how to take a joke, right? We need to lighten up, dontcha know.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:20 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Really? Did liberals respect President Bush's title when he was in office? Or was he Dubya or Dubz or just W?

Do liberals respect Romeny now? Or is he Mittens or Willard?

Can't have it both ways.
You're both correct. What some people don't seem to realize is that it reflects on the poster, not the President, when they use those names. It's hard to take a post seriously when it's laced with name calling in lieu of substance.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You're both correct. What some people don't seem to realize is that it reflects on the poster, not the President, when they use those names. It's hard to take a post seriously when it's laced with name calling in lieu of substance.
Exactly, it would allow for more civil discourse if people could keep to referring to people by their titles, rather than making up witty names or even calling the person by their first name. I'm sorry, but if you were to meet any of these people, I doubt you'd walk up to them and call them a nickname or their first name (regardless of how much you disagree with their politics).

Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,141,478 times
I agree, dissing your president is like dissing your mother, it looks bad on you.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I agree, dissing your president is like dissing your mother, it looks bad on you.
Now that I disagree with. Calling people names is wrong, but there is nothing wrong with "dissing" the actions or ideals of the President. That's fine, as long as the conversation is kept civil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies