Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
One way is his administration's opening the borders even further than it already has, refusing to enforce our nation's immigration laws, refusing to protect our nation's citizens from the Mexican drug gangs and Mexican Army along our border with Mexico, and trying to fight against states trying to fight against voter fraud. Shall I go on?
No need to go on. The borders are tighter than they were as evidenced by the slowing down of illegal entry and #2 my state is trying to implement ID laws despite the fact that there`s been ZERO cases of voter fraud prosecuted by our former AG who is now the governor. In fact our top state Republican let the cat out of the bag regarding this farce.It`s the repubs that are trying to take away our freedoms.

Mike Turzai: Voter ID helps GOP win state - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The county i work in is full of Racists. These rednecks around here openly say the don't want any Go*D***N****** telling me what to do. I would say that doesn't cover any of his policy work at all,.
You must be in Chicago ?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 PM

659 posts, read 1,015,219 times
I call him Ovomit.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,172,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.

Waaaaayyyyy too late for that now. The bar was lowered years ago.

Want more? I got em'.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No, I'm very serious. The US President we know of as Barack Obama lived under different names. One of those names was being used in college, first name Barry. He was adopted by his mom's husband in a foreign nation. Under what Visa did he travel after the adoption, USA or his adopted father's nation? Did he enter the school as a US citizen based upon his grades or as a foreign student? We don't know because his college records have not been released. Who is Barry Soetoro?
So wait. Let me get this straight. Barack Obama used different names in college? And you know this as fact because he hasn't released his college records so you don't know? Wait, What?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Bush was a White man. The "insults" were there, of course ... mostly directed to commentary regarding his intelligence, or lack thereof. The "insults" of Mr. Obama seem almost exclusively lobbed by racists, or have a racial overtone. That's how I interpret them. And I don't think I'm alone with that.
Oh, blah blah blah blah that racist carp gets carping old!

Lots of people called Clinton Klinton, Bubba, and other names. I guess we hate white people.

YOU, mexico, are the racist!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s a harmless way for them to vent their hatred. They haven`t the guts to use the N word but we know what they`re thinking.
aaaaaand it's the race card at only 13 posts in

Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.

dont worry, I have seen people do worse with GW when he was potus. I also count it as a free speech item. if you dont like someone else expressing their free speech, then dont complain.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
I agree that it reflects on the poster, not so much the president. But many presidents are called names.

I will say to the poster above who showed the negativity spewed at Pres. Bush, that the guy on the first pic (of a real guy, not a computer generated thing a ma j ig)and the guy on the last pic are the same guy! I guess they couldn't find more than one loony bin in the crowd. Everyone else's signs in the crowd reference not buying oil or getting out of Iraq.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,551,138 times
Both sides do it, and neither should. I don't engage in it, and never have. I think it shows a general lack of maturity and cheapens the discussion.

Lefties had plenty of ugliness for GW Bush, and the name calling goes back much farther than that. Each side seems to think their insults are justified.

It's disappointing, but that's the state of things.

I am, however, EXTREMELY offended by people who use degrading names for the First Lady. (Moooo-shell, Sasquatch, etc). Absolutely despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies