Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 03:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I immediately know the poster is not someone who thinks clearly and who is blinded by hate.
...clearly do not respect him and never did...and it's usually for reasons which are not related to politics.
That's an amazing ability you have - reading the thoughts of random anonymous people thousands of miles away. Did you take a class for that or something?

Quote:
I think Romney is an utter tool and anyone who supports him is either idiotic, evil or greedy...but I still call him Romney or Mitt, not Mitt the Twit or Bumney or some other idiotic variation.
But you don't have any problem with calling him "an utter tool."

What a joke.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:04 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Hmm, why wouldn't we blame the single worst president in US history? The guy took a thriving country and completely jacked it up. It's not Obama's fault he took over a country in the midst of the worst financial crisis since 1929...it's Bush's fault!
The Bush card is getting really tired. Granted Obama inherited problems from the Bush administration and, as with many things, he "promised" to fix what was broken. Now those things he didn't fix somehow it's still the fault of the Bush administration. While he's giving away 1 million work visas to illegals, there are millions of Americans who don't have jobs. While he may be deporting thousands of illegals, he in slowly inching towards giving millions amnesty, forgiving the crimes of many. He has divided hispanics, blacks and whites. Rather than bring people together he has managed to widen the divide. If he gets re-elected and we feel the impact of this amnesty, and there will be a negative impact, who will he have to blame? I wouldn't want to be part of his administration when he starts to hand out the blame.

How is he doing on some of the things he inherited from the Bush administration? Didn't he promise that our troops would be out of Afghanistan in 2011? It's now 2012 and troops are still there, troops are still being killed. Now he's talking 2013. Didn't he promise to shut down Gitmo? It still stands holding "prisoners". Didn't he promise the creation of 7 milllion jobs? Where are they?

How about his claim that HE got bin Laden? He proudly took credit for that. The fact is, he gave an order to proceed with the capture/death of bin Laden. That's all he did - give an order based on military information. It was our Navy Seals, our military, who took out bin Laden, not Obama. Yet Obama can tell the small business owner that they "didn't do it themself, they had help along the way", yet somehow HE took out bin Ladin.

It appears with Obama that success has one hat (which he wears), and failure has many (distribution of blame).

The problem is that people see through their left eye or their right eye. Use both eyes, get the full picture, see what the other eye refuses to see, and you will see that we are screwed either way. We are going to have to pray real hard until 2016 and hope that someone will emerge who will serve the citizens of this nation, rather than the citizens serving them. Someone who wants the best for America, not for themself. Someone who doesn't have a personal agenda, but an agenda for the people.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:07 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
I think Romney is an utter tool and anyone who supports him is either idiotic, evil or greedy...but I still call him Romney or Mitt, not Mitt the Twit or Bumney or some other idiotic variation.
What was it Obama called him: Romney Hood??? And Romney countered back with Obamaloney?? Real Presidential material. Makes one proud to be an American - NOT!!!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 04:09 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.
I have no respect for him.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Germany never saw Hitler coming, either.. Not a lot of difference, obama is evil and dangerous. He must be voted out if this nation is to survive...
True and worthy of quoting.

Plenty of people defended him, too.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.
EVERY president has been called names both in office and after they left. this is nothing new. stop whining about things like this. as for dear leader chairman maobama deserving respect, he lost that when he started the completely unsubstantiated personal attacks against romney, and it has only gotten worse. the minute that his campaign staffers suggested that romney might be a criminal, and he refused to repudiate them for the smear means he deserves NO respect. he is just a typical chicago politician who will do anything to win an election. heck he might even tell the truth once.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:44 PM

185 posts, read 253,333 times
Quote:
People have no issues disrespecting friends, neighbors, co-workers, police, etc. You think they will show respect to a title?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:50 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,433,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
People have no issues disrespecting friends, neighbors, co-workers, police, etc. You think they will show respect to a title?

Isn't that so true lately?
Seems like people are more eager to find fault as an excuse to degrade authority figures and anyone else, more than ever in history. Honor and respect are now only offered as a trade. No longer deserved according to The Golden Rule.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Get over it, 0bama is a terrible president, and he has repeatedly disrespected the people and the nation on too many occasions for me to show him much respect.

Obama targets tea bags at town hall - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Disrespecter-in-Chief

Old 08-10-2012, 04:58 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Excuse me for pointing out a well-established fact: illegal immigration (from Mexico) has decreased substantially these past 3.5 years and the number of illegals continues to rise. If I'm recallling correctly, it's been the Congress which has refused to responsibly address the border situation. You may have forgotten that their's a division of power under the Constitution. Civics 101. Regarding what happened in Arizona: the President did what any President should do ... and that is to defend the Constitution of the USA and support enforcement of laws the Congress passes. The ultimate decision on the matters rest with the Supreme Court of the USA, which has weighed-in on the Arizona situation. Let's follow the bouncing ball ... and the facts of the matter.
And you may have forgotten that law enforcement falls under the Persident's jurisdiction and his decision to not enforce our nation's immigration laws are well known. Also, since Congress wouldn't pass the dream act, he's in the process of doing so by decree step by step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies