Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Calling Obama names is one thing, meaning it is another.
Huh?? Why would I assume you don't mean what you say?? I guess some people just like to babble for the sake of hearing themselves, but generally I do assume people mean what they say. People who called Bush names meant it too, FYI.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I agree, dissing your president is like dissing your mother, it looks bad on you.
Contrary to what big gumen would like to be.....they are not and never will be my mother.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 PM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Huh?? Why would I assume you don't mean what you say?? I guess some people just like to babble for the sake of hearing themselves, but generally I do assume people mean what they say. People who called Bush names meant it too, FYI.
If I were to call him a funny name, in a joke, that is one thing. If I am seriously calling him a name in a hateful way, that is another. Make Sense?

Old 08-11-2012, 09:49 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nice try but it's not even her. So what's your point, if you even have one. How is she a disgrace. Calling her such a derogatory name like moochelle for no reason says so much about your character and how you were raised. My parents taught me to be respectful of everyone no matter what. They taught me to be a kind person and I thank them everyday for the values they instilled in me. But I tell you if I had called someone a derogatory name growing up, I would have been slapped across my face or whipped with a switch. And I can assure you I would have never done it again.
As usual, you're 100%+ wrong.

Indeed it is Moochelle *Wookie* in the image.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
As usual, you're 100%+ wrong.

Indeed it is Moochelle *Wookie* in the image.
Nope, not wrong at all, at least not about you

Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nice try but it's not even her. So what's your point, if you even have one. How is she a disgrace. Calling her such a derogatory name like moochelle for no reason says so much about your character and how you were raised. My parents taught me to be respectful of everyone no matter what. They taught me to be a kind person and I thank them everyday for the values they instilled in me. But I tell you if I had called someone a derogatory name growing up, I would have been slapped across my face or whipped with a switch. And I can assure you I would have never done it again.
I don't use derogitory names either, but as for respect, I was taught that you earn respect and it is not to be given lightly. To this point, neither Mr. Obama or Mrs. Obama have earned my respect. None what so ever.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:54 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
No, he is a scumbag and worse.

he is not my President because I refuse to recognize that he was born in the United States. He's dirt.

Got another name for him, my favorite is the long legged pimp. Obummer be the Pimp Master wth a strong hand!
This says a lot about you, none of it good and rather pathetic, actually.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
You have no proof that the majority voted for President Obama just because he's black, it's just your messed up opinion. OTOH, I really don't care who white folks vote for, they have that right. The only reason why a white person or any person is called a racist is if they are doing something hateful to another race..
Come on, Saddam Hussein didn't get 90% to vote for him, and he killed those who didn't...!!!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:33 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
If I were to call him a funny name, in a joke, that is one thing. If I am seriously calling him a name in a hateful way, that is another. Make Sense?
So you're being hateful - got it. But didn't your parents teach you not to call people names? If you dislike Obama, why not just tell people the reasons instead of going to childish name-calling? I'd be much more likely to respect and listen to your POV that way, and it wouldn't make you look immature or ignorant.

I've never been secretive about my dislike for George W Bush, but can't recall using stupid names when he was President... I'd call him "W" or "GW" sometimes, but as even a staunch conservative admitted on here, those were accepted nicknames to distinguish him from his father (who I liked much better). Just saying your arguments might hold more weight, if you could control yourself from resorting to the taunts. But again, you are free to say as you please, so this is merely my opinion/suggestion.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:39 PM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So you're being hateful - got it. But didn't your parents teach you not to call people names? If you dislike Obama, why not just tell people the reasons instead of going to childish name-calling? I'd be much more likely to respect and listen to your POV that way, and it wouldn't make you look immature or ignorant.

I've never been secretive about my dislike for George W Bush, but can't recall using stupid names when he was President... I'd call him "W" or "GW" sometimes, but as even a staunch conservative admitted on here, those were accepted nicknames to distinguish him from his father (who I liked much better). Just saying your arguments might hold more weight, if you could control yourself from resorting to the taunts. But again, you are free to say as you please, so this is merely my opinion/suggestion.
Okay, WTF is your beef? What names did I call him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies