Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:00 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Good. Wonder how many Obama and Eric Holder will release with charges dropped. They can't vote for Obama if they're behind bars or stuck in Mexico.
Yep, those brown people stick together. When are we going to outlaw them, anyways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yep, those brown people stick together. When are we going to outlaw them, anyways?
What makes you think all Hispanics are "brown"? Some are def white but are still vatos. The bad truth is MOST bangers in Anaheim ARE probably Mexican or at least Chicano. Nothing racist about it.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:39 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
For more on the demographics of Anaheim here is a more detailed look from the OC Register, which has been on top of this story from the beginning. For those that only think of Disneyland and Anaheim as a safe fun place to be, take a look at the gang injunction areas in blue around Disneyland. The one on the west right next door includes several large apartment complexes off of Walnut St., and note the ones to the east close to Anaheim Stadium as well as DL. As mentioned in an earlier post, east of State College Blvd is the better part of town. Now, in spite of all this, the crime rate in Anaheim is not sky high, and it is a much safer city than say, next door Santa Ana, or LA County areas like East LA or Compton.
www.ocregister.com/articles/police-367037-anaheim-city.html?graphics=1#graphics1

Old 08-11-2012, 08:20 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is why when we lived there, we lived in Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, like living in another State all together, compared to the city of Anaheim.
Anaheim Hills, is very pretty, and Yorba Linda, is very nice with so many elite areas.

All of Anaheim is not a gang infested pit, but the areas that are, as you know also, are not safe at all. And your right, because the area, is definitely not taken care of, no pride their for their neighboorhood at all.
Did you know the central and western portions of Anaheim have different code enforcement rules than Anaheim Hills? True. Residents of those areas ask for help and are turned down by the city. What would never be allowed by code enforcement in Anaheim Hills is allowed in central Anaheim.

So. You ever venture west of West? Euclid? Brookhurst? Or did you stay in the "elite" part of Anaheim to reach your conclusions? Personally, I think they ought to chop off Anaheim at the hills and let the "elites" have their own town. They're not a part of Anaheim. They don't want to be called Anaheim. When you lived there, did your mailing address say Anaheim or Anaheim Hills? My guess is you had Anaheim Hills on your checks and you made the distinction to everyone you met so they wouldn't think you lived in regular ol' Anaheim.

p.s. You know why they don't separate Anaheim from Anaheim Hills? Because Anaheim Hills needs the tax money supplied by the people who live and work west of State College. I'd love to see the the Hills have to support themselves and let all that tax money stay in the flatlands so the lives of the people there can be improved. Anaheim also needs it's own representation on the City Council. As it is all of the members save one, who lives in the Colony District, live in Anaheim Hills. How they think they can govern and understand the people who live in an area like Lincoln and Brookhurst I do not know. (Anyone know where the Chief of Police lives? I'm guessing no where near Anna and LaPalma.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-11-2012 at 08:36 AM..

Old 08-11-2012, 08:29 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Something is wrong with that photo, those are all "sporting" and hunting guns.
Guess the next plan of the left..........tie hunters, farmers and ranchers to drug cartel. I saw this also what a bunch of BS!!!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 AM
VOR

7 posts, read 9,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Good. Wonder how many Obama and Eric Holder will release with charges dropped. They can't vote for Obama if they're behind bars or stuck in Mexico.
Your racist.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
A lot of people in poorer neighborhoods do not like the gangs and want their neighborhoods cleaned up of them.

Just because people don't have a lot of money shouldn't mean they have to put up with drive-by shootings, drug deals going on outside their homes at all hours of the day and night, nor should their kids be assaulted just because they walked down the "wrong street".

I would bet you most of the people living there are very glad to see something being done about the criminals that are destroying their neighborhood.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is why when we lived there, we lived in Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, like living in another State all together, compared to the city of Anaheim.
Anaheim Hills, is very pretty, and Yorba Linda, is very nice with so many elite areas..
We were neighbors..! I lived near the 91 and Weir Cyn for many years..........

Old 08-11-2012, 08:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A lot of people in poorer neighborhoods do not like the gangs and want their neighborhoods cleaned up of them.

Just because people don't have a lot of money shouldn't mean they have to put up with drive-by shootings, drug deals going on outside their homes at all hours of the day and night, nor should their kids be assaulted just because they walked down the "wrong street".

I would bet you most of the people living there are very glad to see something being done about the criminals that are destroying their neighborhood.
Very true.

One reason why Anaheim needs to change it's codes. The standards are lower for the areas infested with gangs. People ask to get the rental next door fixed up (rental probably owned by someone outside the area) and they're told it meets code. It wouldn't meet code in Anaheim Hills but it meets code for the flatlands. The flatlands do have many very active Neighborhood Watch groups. They know they have to police themselves - in more than one sense of the word.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Very true.

One reason why Anaheim needs to change it's codes. The standards are lower for the areas infested with gangs. People ask to get the rental next door fixed up (rental probably owned by someone outside the area) and they're told it meets code. It wouldn't meet code in Anaheim Hills but it meets code for the flatlands. The flatlands do have many very active Neighborhood Watch groups. They know they have to police themselves - in more than one sense of the word.
Where I live has become one of the safest cities anywhere - but we had a serious gang problem not too many years ago. A woman I worked with was frightened for her mother and daughter because the house across the street was shot up -- her neighbor was shot in the face simply because he looked out the window at the wrong time and because his grandson was running with a gang.

Drive-by shootings were a daily occurrence at one point, there were a couple that took place in broad daylight at schools -- kids were afraid to even go to school. It got so bad, they would have announcements on television not to answer anything if asked "que barrio", but just to hurry out of that area, any wrong answer could get you assaulted if not killed.

Getting rid of the gang control over neighborhoods isn't always easy -- one of my sons would tell me how he and his friends would simply be walking down the street -- going from one friend's house to another or going to get something to eat or drink and a policeman would stop them and ask questions. Yet some of these friends would tell me how they were beat up simply for walking down some street controlled by some gang because it was assumed they were from another gang.

My other son's close friend's brother ended up killed by a gang thug -- he was left to bleed to death all alone in an empty lot - all for being in the wrong place. He was in a gang himself, but was invited and showed up to a party in a neighborhood another gang didn't think he belonged in. And yes I went to the funeral and I never saw so many police --- you had to walk by two sets of police (city and sheriff) lining the entrance and carefully scrutinizing everyone -- but the deceased's family didn't mind the police at all being there, they were angry at the whole gang situation that had their handsome 23 year old son/brother/nephew laying in that casket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies