Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Chief Welter says that people mistrust his officers - and then blames that on the Eastside Anaheim gang.
Blaming it on the gangs was a new one to me.

Harrier - If you see a reference to what streets the cops went into I'd appreciate a link if you run across one.

(Lousy name for the operation. It stinks to have the Angels tied to a crime investigation they have nothing to do with.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:41 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
exactly! joint operations take months of planning.
It was a matter of putting the raid into action sooner than later. Does the timing really matter???? A month after the protests, 6 months after the protest?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It was a matter of putting the raid into action sooner than later. Does the timing really matter???? A month after the protests, 6 months after the protest?
No - but the OP was trying to make a connection between the two. To his credit - the LA Times practically did the same - but since when does the LA Times print anything approaching accurate news?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:41 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,222,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The move in Anaheim was a GREAT one because this shows what the police are dealing with to the world. The parents of these gang clowns need to be shamed and quit trying to protest IMO. Think about themselves and their failure as parents, not about the police doing their job IMO.
During all the turmoil one point was played down and rarely mentioned; the troubled areas are populated almost exclusively by illegal aliens and their offspring, the so called anchor babies. There are some old line Hispanic families and even a few Anglos that have lived there for decades, but for the most part it is dominated by the illegals. They had no right to be in Anaheim, let alone protest about their legally non existent "rights" There were some outside agitators and troublemakers that came in to stir the pot. The Anaheim PD exibited remakable restraint and patience in dealing with the troublemakers, it is surprising that there were no more deaths.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
During all the turmoil one point was played down and rarely mentioned; the troubled areas are populated almost exclusively by illegal aliens and their offspring, the so called anchor babies.
Source?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The raids had nothing to do with the protests - this stuff gets planned for months.

Your attempt to link the two = FAIL.
But a big part of that protest was the community saying there was no gang problem there.
This just proves otherwise.
Maybe the people living there don't know they have a gang problem ?

There's plenty of communities that don't want to deal with the reality of gang problems.
Anyone who works in the schools will know if there is gang activity if they have been educated in what to look for.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:53 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'm sick and tired of all these gangs, not only in Anaheim, but whatever State, they do their gangbanging in.

I would like for every tough gang out there who thinks they are the toughest. To be sent all of them to a deserted island, and let them fight it all for themselves. Kill each other for all i care, i really don't care.

I do not care what they do to each other, but to the victims, and the innocent, oh yes i do.

These gangs are tough, and give police a run for their money. I know some Anaheim Police, and these gangs are tough on the community, and those who are innocent, and just want to lead a normal everyday life.

Yes there are some bad cops, just as there are bad politicians, but for the most part, these gangs are not started, to be the good guys.
There are many more times, bad gang members, then bad police. So i say it's time to give the police more legal room and support to root out the gangs.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Good. Wonder how many Obama and Eric Holder will release with charges dropped. They can't vote for Obama if they're behind bars or stuck in Mexico.
Deportations have reached record levels under Obama, with a focus on deporting criminals, but you knew that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Folks stop buying crack and meth the gangs would go away.
Unfortunately, it's not that easy, because they are addicted. Buying weed produced by cartels (either in Mexico or on this side of the border) would definitely put a dent in their profit margin. Drug use prevention and crackdown on hard drugs, while decriminalizing marijuana, is the best option we have at the moment.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:03 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
There are many more times, bad gang members, then bad police. So i say it's time to give the police more legal room and support to root out the gangs.
Unfortunately, when they've had such leeway in the past, innocent citizens have been victimized. We don't need more gung-ho officers, we need more officers period.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But a big part of that protest was the community saying there was no gang problem there.
Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies