Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 11:04 PM

545 posts, read 400,411 times

Advertisements

Aren't you left-wingers usually against inheritance?. That wealthy people shouldn't be able to leave great wealth to their kids because that is somehow "unfair" because they didn't really earn it and its not fair that your parents didn't leave you anything, blah, blah, blah, which is why you advocate things like massive inheritance taxes and such?

But this like many things I see liberals do, they have no problem flip-floping when it suits whatever agenda they have at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 08:53 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
Aren't you left-wingers usually against inheritance?. That wealthy people shouldn't be able to leave great wealth to their kids because that is somehow "unfair" because they didn't really earn it and its not fair that your parents didn't leave you anything, blah, blah, blah, which is why you advocate things like massive inheritance taxes and such?

But this like many things I see liberals do, they have no problem flip-floping when it suits whatever agenda they have at the moment.
That doesn't address this particular issue at all. But no, I haven't ever heard a left-winger say that large inheritances should be illegal. Perhaps you're only getting your news from fringe, right-wing sources?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm wondering how the bigots here would feel if the father's son had been straight, and said that his son could only receive the inheritance if he marries a man and adopts a child with his new husband.
I'm trying to spot the alleged bigotry you are protesting but all I'm seeing is that the rule of law be followed.

It's a crappy thing for the old guy to do but we don't get to break the law because we disagree with his views.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The man is already married to his male partner. So obviously he can't marry the surrogate who helped carry his child.
So, he loses the money. Too bad. We pay for the decisions we make in life.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:12 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Another right winger always on the side of the rich a-hole, can count on that as much as the sun rising
....and here you are defending trust fund kids. Think about it, this is pretty funny.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:13 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
So, he loses the money. Too bad. We pay for the decisions we make in life.
He doesn't lose the money, his son (the dead guy's grandson) does. Punishing the son for the "sins" (or course I don't find this man marrying the man he loves a sin) of the father is just disgusting.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 AM

556 posts, read 622,869 times
I guess the deceased didn't have any pets to leave the money to!

Old 08-20-2012, 09:23 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
It's A-Hole thing to do to your own son but it's that a-hole's money to do with as he pleases.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Personally I disagree with the old biggot. That said his money his wishes. Do we have the right to say a person doesn't have the right to determine how he leaves his estate? I get a laugh out of some old lady leaving her fortune to her lap dog. Her children get nothing. I ask what happened in that family that a dog is more important? Give the dog the money and the kids can get a job.
In this case I am not seeing punishment. I am seeing the guy wanting the money spent a certain way. His choice. narrow minded? Obviously.
My will. I have an autistic daughter. If my son neglects his sister. Forgets his duties to her? He will get the dust bunnies blowing around in my garage. My step Daughter will get it all except the trust fund set up for my daughter.
My son knows the deal it is his choice.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:26 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
and because he won't "divorce" (you can't divorce what you never truly married) the thing he "married" he just lost the money case closed.
What the hell is the matter with you?

First off, there clearly is a marriage, because marriage is defined by law. Second, and more to the point,calling this man's spouse a "thing" demonstrates your utter lack of human values. Take your hateful comments somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies