Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's not hearsay. And I don't think anyone involved in the will (including the nasty stepmother) is at all contesting that Robert repeatedly told (and showed) his father that he's gay.

What??????????????????

The will specifically declares children born out of wedlock to be grandchildren and descents entitled to access the trust EXCEPT for children of Robert - for Robert's kids to access the trust, Robert must have married their mother (another clear indication Frank knew his son was gay and disapproved of it).

Why would you think that?

To punish a child for the "sins" (be they getting gay married, siring a bastard child, or single motherhood) of the father (or mother) is pretty gross. If you intend to give an inheritance to your grandkids, I find it absolutely disgusting to base that inheritance upon some action or inaction of their parent. To withhold an inheritance from your grandchild because your gay son won't abandon his husband for a women is evil - just as it would be evil to withhold an inheritance from your grandchild because your straight daughter's marriage fell apart.
It's clear through his will that this man did not consider this grandchild as his grandchild. In fact biologically speaking he very well may not be his grandchildren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:12 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's clear through his will that this man did not consider this grandchild as his grandchild. In fact biologically speaking he very well may not be his grandchildren.
Exactly - like I said, gross, disgusting, and pretty damn evil. His son's son is his grandkid if he's married to a women, but if he's married to man (or a single father), then the kid is nothing.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM

545 posts, read 400,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That doesn't address this particular issue at all. But no, I haven't ever heard a left-winger say that large inheritances should be illegal. Perhaps you're only getting your news from fringe, right-wing sources?
No, I am getting it from left-wing sources, mainly from heavy left-wing blogs (thinkprogress, media matters, dailykos, etc) and here on City data itself. I spend alot of my time reading the left-wing blogs, they become unhinged and drop their masks when they think they are alone and with their own kind. Many on the left hate inheritance and want to see it outlawed. No "right-wing fringe sources" have anything to do with it. Not sure why you mentioned that but not surprised that you did.

perhaps you should stop making stupid assumptions?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
See, here is the problem with you guys, you think people have to have a mother.. I adopted two children, I'm male, my kids have no mother. A lot of kids have no father, so why is having a mother any different?
This has nothing to do with "us"....

The DEAD GUY demands the son marry the "mother of his child"....the definition is now, WHO is the mother? Is it the egg donor? The surrogate? The partner?

[btw, your kids do have a biological mother, and a biological father. You are a LEGAL father, much the way the surrogate child of this guy has a biological mother out there -- somewhere]. You know the saying: Anyone can be a father. Not everyone can be a dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
The issue would STILL be marriage, even if the son was straight, would it not?

It would be, but for a different reason. If he were straight, again, the question is, "does the mother not have a SAY in whether or not she wants to marry the son?" If the son was straight and had a one night stand, and the mother really cannot stand the guy, then he's out of the money not based on HIS compliance with the conditions of the will, but the compliance of someone NOT a party or beneficiary to the will.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
No, I am getting it from left-wing sources, mainly from heavy left-wing blogs (thinkprogress, media matters, dailykos, etc) and here on City data itself. I spend alot of my time reading the left-wing blogs, they become unhinged and drop their masks when they think they are alone and with their own kind. Many on the left hate inheritance and want to see it outlawed. No "right-wing fringe sources" have anything to do with it. Not sure why you mentioned that but not surprised that you did.

It is a VERY left wing, minority opinion to want to get rid of ALL inheritance.

Most mainstream debate on the subject concerns the Estate Tax.

This little estate would NOT be subject to federal estate tax, so why you're bringing it up is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,637 times
level with the mother so you can benefit the child..marry her..get a divorce.. and put all the money in another fund for the child..let it skip a generation.. and sing a big F YOU in memory of the old man...

Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
level with the mother so you can benefit the child..marry her..get a divorce.. and put all the money in another fund for the child..let it skip a generation.. and sing a big F YOU in memory of the old man...
Do you think the trust administrator would go for that? The will calls for the money to be paid out to the grandchildren in installments between the ages of 25-30.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,912 times

Gift it all to traditional-family-oriented charities.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:47 PM

545 posts, read 400,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It is a VERY left wing, minority opinion to want to get rid of ALL inheritance.

Most mainstream debate on the subject concerns the Estate Tax.

This little estate would NOT be subject to federal estate tax, so why you're bringing it up is beyond anyone's comprehension.
Really? left-wingers never made a distinction about the amount of money before, now trying to say "oh but its only 6 figures so that doesn't count" isn't going to fly and I spent too much time on left-wing blogs to believe its a "minority opinion".

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-21-2012 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-21-2012, 12:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post

If you can't directly cite sources to back up your statements, the allegations are worthless. Even if a handful of people did say something, it doesn't mean that all or even most of the people on their side agree with them.

Some right-wingers say that homosexuals should be imprisoned or executed. Does that mean all right-wingers think that way? No, it does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies