Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Huh? How would the tables have been turned?

If the father truly didn't approve of his son's homosexuality and didn't want him to have any money, he could have at least put the money in a trust for his grandchild, rather than punish both his son and his grandchild.

Anyone who punishes their grandchild for a parent's homosexuality is just cold-hearted scum.
How is the grandchild being "punished'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What is the problem here? If Robert wants the money - then he needs to marry the mother.

If he refuses to do so - he forfeits the money.

He has no legal claim on that money - it was his father's to allocate - andif the son wants it he will abide by his father wishes.

"I will give you 1 million dollars in my will if you marry Angelina Jolie."

Sounds more like a dare or a bet than a valid will restriction.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What is the problem here? If Robert wants the money - then he needs to marry the mother.

If he refuses to do so - he forfeits the money.

He has no legal claim on that money - it was his father's to allocate - andif the son wants it he will abide by his father wishes.

The courts will not enforce that type of provision - if he challenges the provision, the chances are real good he will prevail and get the money WITHOUT marrying.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Anyone who punishes their grandchild for a parent's homosexuality is just cold-hearted scum.
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus 20:5
I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM

221 posts, read 282,980 times
Don't care. The old guy may have been an (fill in derogatory terms and explictives), and I would probably have disliked him, but it's his money, and he can will it any way he wants.

Quote:
How is the grandchild being "punished'?
I want to know this, too. I don't consider a grandchild never seeing money he never knew about and did not earn punishment.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
In other rich men and their gay children news:

Hong Kong tycoon’s offer: $65 million if you’ll marry my lesbian daughter

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies