Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were the Chick-fil-A protests a complete failure?
Yes 61 74.39%
No 21 25.61%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Was there a protest??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 06:07 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
These two girls below..it looks like it was NOT a complete failure

Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The first time I saw their sign, "Closed Sundays so our employees can worship, bla, bla, bal", I stopped eating there. I understood they were CHRISTIAN BIGOTS who didn't care about their NON-CHRISTIAN employees, and patrons, who werent Bible toting Christians. That these religious bigots are also anti-gay isn't a surprise to me. Just icing on the cake. I can take my business elsewhere.
So non Christians don't like to have Sunday off? LOL that's just ignorant, they wont notice you not eating there.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Considering that the average Chick-Fil-A customer is a fat, evangelical, socially conservative southerner in poor health, I think I'd rather stay away from Chick-Fil-A whether the protests were considered successful or not.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Considering that the average Chick-Fil-A customer is a fat, evangelical, socially conservative southerner in poor health, I think I'd rather stay away from Chick-Fil-A whether the protests were considered successful or not.

The last time I was in CFA, I saw men in business suits, men and women of the senior set and high schoolers (having lunch) - none of these were fat. I don't know their religious beliefs (nor do/can you). Nor did it appear any of them were in poor health.

I don't know where you are getting your information from but your info does not appear plausible.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Do you have any proof to this claim or are you just crying because your little boycott got spanked? LOL

Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Was the Chick-fil-A protests a complete failure?
It seems like all the various groups and political officials who protested against Chick-fil-A or did not allow them in their cities (like mayors from Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.) so that Chick-fil-A could lose business seems to have backfired. Business seems to be booming for Chic-fil-A despite the controversy. Now looking back at it can we now say that the Chick-fil-A protests were a complete failure?
Of course they were a failure. It was just another way to occupy the sheeple for the time being but in the end, Chick Fil A will be just fine.

Then again, maybe it wasn't a failure...I was able to find out which of my friends were certifiable lunatics for getting so wrapped up and indignant over the whole thing. They want their freedom...but don't want to allow anyone else to have freedom. Great way to start weeding out the herd.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:04 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
[quote=RobinD69;25850253]Just because they wish to live and opperate by their faith their bigots? That is very intolerant.[/quo

They only hire christians? Do they give their jewish (or other religions) employees saturdays off to worship on their sabboth?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,879 times
I think it failed and not for the reasons being discussed.

In an effort to get everyone to conform to their messages, the far left have forgotten that people have, and are entitled to have, their own opinions. I feel the left is going overboard trying to get everyone to think the same.

Years ago, in my liberal days, we didn't feel differing opinions were bad. We didn't have a script that we were all supposed to follow. We didn't protest every little thing. Today's liberal messages are getting watered down with petty protests. Even the major protests, e.g. Occupy, lack a clear, cohesive message. Yes, it started by vilifying the successful and rich but it evolved into protesting everything. They also failed. Most just consider them a nuisance.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
OTHER: Irrelevant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies