Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Read your utility easement agreement. We are allowed on your property to service our equipment whenever it is needed. If you want elec service that is. If we dig a hole we have to put it back the way we found it. That is the extent of your property rights.

Nothing new here, it's been that way for 100 years.
Agreed but that's not what this discussion is about. This isn't about servicing or maintenance.
You are not allowed to put things on my house without my permission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO you really are uninformed. There was no shortage of houses which pushed up prices. Supply was in sync with demand. I'm sure there are some places where that wasn't the case but overall there was no shortage of available houses.
Its the same reason college prices are skyrocketing. Colleges in short supply to? The price doesn't matter much, the loan will be made to people with little economic know how.

"Everyone should be afforded the opportunity to earn money in order to pursue the American dream". Not Lower the standards and lets see if people with a below average ability to meet the requirements can somehow change.
Hmmm.....

Please learn what context is. An individual who I was responding to was saying how low foreclosures rates were in Alaska.... That might be one of "those places where that wasn't the case."

Nice try though.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Agreed but that's not what this discussion is about. This isn't about servicing or maintenance.
You are not allowed to put things on my house without my permission.
Again, come up with a valid legal reason why (after over 80% of meters being installed) this legislation is invalid and garner support. Put your money where your mouth is and stop b*tching on an internet forum...

Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Washington Post

This struck me as uninformed.

But the woman they are profiling for this article apparently chased off a utility worker with her handgun. Is it just me, or are these people nuts?
Our government has grown so powerful and LE has so many tools to spy on the citizens that people have become quite sensitive to increased government intrusion.

I'm not surprised at all. Government will always abuse it's power. Just look at our history.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It's called supply and demand, the basis of our economic system. When it is hot in the middle of the afternoon, there is more demand for electricity (higher rates). These meters allow you to better manage your power usage when it is the most expensive... saving yourself money through conversation if you choose to do so....
gee thanks for explaining that to me. Why do I need a smart meter to tell me that?

Quote:
I'm not sure what we are even arguing anymore.... A majority of these meters have already been installed in Texas, meaning our Texas legislation and our courts found this to be lawful legislation.
That's not true. Show me all the court rulings.

Quote:
I find it amusing that after 80% of the meters have been installed in this state that ~27 million people in it, you have folks just realizing it means a smart meter would be installed.
lol That's not true either. I find it amusing you make things up to fit your twisted agenda. That's twice in this post now.
So according to you people should only be allowed a small window to act on something otherwise it's not reasonable?

Quote:
But hey if think you are a smart individual then find a legal reason to do so gather support behind it.
It's already happening here in Texas but someone as uninformed as you wouldn't know that. There have already been a few meetings with the PUC.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Again, come up with a valid legal reason why (after over 80% of meters being installed) this legislation is invalid and garner support. Put your money where your mouth is and stop b*tching on an internet forum...
First off little fella as much as you'd like to run my life, you don't get to tell me what to do. That's the entire with control freaks and the ones who love mob rule. People thinking they know best for others while ignoring property rights.

Second off if you consider my posting b*tching then you are guilty of the same thing. Having your own house in order first, gives you some credibility.

Lastly, why are you implying that since an action was by a company taken, it is automatically legal? I don't think any legal/monetary punishment will be taken in the end, but as a result hopefully options will be made available once the dust has cleared and the people have their say during the current meetings with the PUC.

People are also claiming health issues. Why would anyone want to put others in harms way? Because it's convenient for the power company?

Remember when Carter deregulated the phone companies? All that hassle about "you have to use the phone companies phone and you have to pay to use extra phones, not extra lines, extra phones"? That was overturned.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Hmmm.....

Please learn what context is. An individual who I was responding to was saying how low foreclosures rates were in Alaska.... That might be one of "those places where that wasn't the case."

Nice try though.
sigh... you're point is you MAY be correct? Keep reaching like that and you'll pull something.
It's off topic so I'll stop my post here.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
gee thanks for explaining that to me. Why do I need a smart meter to tell me that?
To quantify the issue.... It's common sense that there is more demand when it's hottest, but you have much more data at your disposal? Again it's giving people more information to better manage their power usage and save money if they choose.

Quote:
That's not true. Show me all the court rulings.
Look them up yourself, unless you are implying that our conservative legislatures and Mr Five Minutes of Fame Tea Party Darling Rick Perry are doing something unconstitutional.

Quote:
lol That's not true either. I find it amusing you make things up to fit your twisted agenda. That's twice in this post now.
Cool story

Quote:
So according to you people should only be allowed a small window to act on something otherwise it's not reasonable?
Again personal responsibility. We have this thing called the internet and 24 hour news. You can only blame yourself if you can't keep up with what's happening around you.

Quote:
It's already happening here in Texas but someone as uninformed as you wouldn't know that. There have already been a few meetings with the PUC.
Wow really!?!? I couldn't ascertain that from the OP. But since I am responding to you (again that pesky context thing) I was referring to you personally. Let me know how that turns out!

Last edited by dv1033; 08-29-2012 at 08:42 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
First off little fella as much as you'd like to run my life, you don't get to tell me what to do. That's the entire with control freaks and the ones who love mob rule. People thinking they know best for others while ignoring property rights.
Am I personally proposing some sort of legislature telling you what to do in this thread. Of course not, your point is stupid.

Quote:
Second off if you consider my posting b*tching then you are guilty of the same thing. Having your own house in order first, gives you some credibility.
I didn't realize you had inside info about the order of my house.... please elaborate.

Quote:
Lastly, why are you implying that since an action was by a company taken, it is automatically legal? I don't think any legal/monetary punishment will be taken in the end, but as a result hopefully options will be made available once the dust has cleared and the people have their say during the current meetings with the PUC.
Of course not. Companies lobbied our conservative politicians to get this bill passed....

Quote:
People are also claiming health issues. Why would anyone want to put others in harms way? Because it's convenient for the power company?
My goodness. Hey, how about we get rid of all wireless communications while we are at it. Can we at least be consistent?

Quote:
Remember when Carter deregulated the phone companies? All that hassle about "you have to use the phone companies phone and you have to pay to use extra phones, not extra lines, extra phones"? That was overturned.
I wasn't even born then.... But I find it funny you say that because deregulation was a major conservative talking point in the great state of texas (electric companies deregulation).

Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
sigh... you're point is you MAY be correct? Keep reaching like that and you'll pull something.
It's off topic so I'll stop my post here.
Again context. We were discussing the foreclosures rate in ALASKA....not the country as you ignorantly assumed.

But please tell me about all the liberal policies that occured in ALASKA under Sarah Palin's watch and those liberals before her running the state in regards to the housing bubble...

Just give it up if you have any pride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies