Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I purposefully did not write in the thread title "Could a Person . . ." because I don't think that a woman as heavy as Christie would stand a chance in hell of being elected President. But does Christie's weight offer a big obstacle (no pun intended) to him being a viable candidate for president in the future?
Teddy Roosevelt wasn't exactly a bodybuilder.

With much of the US population overweight and obese, I don't think it really matters how large he is. Christie cleaned up a lot of mistakes in his state, and he gave one heck of a speech tonight and if he were running for president i'd vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Teddy Roosevelt wasn't exactly a bodybuilder.

With much of the US population overweight and obese, I don't think it really matters how large he is. Christie cleaned up a lot of mistakes in his state, and he gave one heck of a speech tonight and if he were running for president i'd vote for him.
Teddy wasn't half as fat as Christie, and those were different times.

We have not elected a fat man for POTUS in the last 100 years.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I purposefully did not write in the thread title "Could a Person . . ." because I don't think that a woman as heavy as Christie would stand a chance in hell of being elected President. But does Christie's weight offer a big obstacle (no pun intended) to him being a viable candidate for president in the future?
NO. The 'Fat' slob is not only overweight...he's Overbearing !!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Teddy wasn't half as fat as Christie, and those were different times.

We have not elected a fat man for POTUS in the last 100 years.
There hasn't been a fat man to run for office either.

His size doesn't matter to me, he is results oriented and a job creator and cleaned up New Jersey. I would vote for him if he ran for president.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
It appears that Christie made his opening speech for his 2016 campaign to run against the next democrat vying for Prez. He promoted himself with all his accomplishments as Govenor of NJ and threw a few bones to Mitt.

Get ready folks - he's going to be on the 2016 ticket for Prez.

Super-size me!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It appears that Christie made his opening speech for his 2016 campaign to run against the next democrat vying for Prez. He promoted himself with all his accomplishments as Govenor of NJ and threw a few bones to Mitt.

Get ready folks - he's going to be on the 2016 ticket for Prez.

Super-size me!!!!!!
Well that says a lot, he's not even thinking about 2012 or Romney, and the fact that he and others are thinking about 2016 means they are expecting Romney to lose.

Ouch!!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:29 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Well that says a lot, he's not even thinking about 2012 or Romney, and the fact that he and others are thinking about 2016 means they are expecting Romney to lose.

Ouch!!!!
Obama wins? Romney wins? Either way until 2016 America will have to deal with a loser in the WH.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
NO.... a FAT SLOB THAT CANT CONTROL HIS OWN BAD HABITS of eating like a fat hog HAS NO BUSINESS TRYING TO TELL US WHAT IS BEST. He is as bad as those Sunday am tv preachers that weight 300 lbs and have a sweat rag in one hand telling everyone what GOD wants them to do......I think GOD wants them to shut up and eat less is what I think.
For crying out loud. A person is more than just the way they look physically. Chris Cristie has a MEDICAL problem that has emotional (and maybe) inherited components. That doesn't mean he can't be an effective leader. However, if he's serious about running for president in 2016---and I think he is---he'd be wise to spend the next 4 years working with people in the medical community who specialize in his kind of problem to lose 100+ pounds. I'm a Democratic and what I like about Christie is that you get the sense that he always says exactly what's on his mind, no hidden agenda, no pandering to certain groups and saying the opposite in front of other groups, unlike Mitt who no one really knows what he really thinks.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:18 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Taft got stuck in a bathtub in the white house... of course that was before TV.

Memphis posetd a picture....

Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
For crying out loud. A person is more than just the way they look physically. Chris Cristie has a MEDICAL problem that has emotional (and maybe) inherited components. That doesn't mean he can't be an effective leader. However, if he's serious about running for president in 2016---and I think he is---he'd be wise to spend the next 4 years working with people in the medical community who specialize in his kind of problem to lose 100+ pounds. I'm a Democratic and what I like about Christie is that you get the sense that he always says exactly what's on his mind, no hidden agenda, no pandering to certain groups and saying the opposite in front of other groups, unlike Mitt who no one really knows what he really thinks.
i think that's what a lot of people from both sides of the aisle like about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies