Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times

Advertisements

Christie could lose weight... Obama can't fix stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
We're in a sad state if society won't vote for someone based on weight and not politics.

However, I realize the reality is that many are to concerned with what a president/person looks like rather than what his policies are. It falls under that "likeability" category.

I'm just laughing at the ones that like to make fat jokes yet are overweight themselves, and who have no idea about Christie's politics. I hope Christie keeps on going, establishes a name for himself, and continues to move up the ladder. I think he is the kind of person we need in politics.
Thanks for the visual of Christie climbing a ladder.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Christie could lose weight... Obama can't fix stupid.
Now that is the quote of the night!!!

☺☺☺☺☺
5 of 5 happy faces

Last edited by steven_h; 08-28-2012 at 10:39 PM..

Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
I actually think men are not judged as much for looks as women are.

Chris Christie has a shot. I like the dude. Seems to be a nice guy deep down inside.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
We're in a sad state if society won't vote for someone based on weight and not politics.

However, I realize the reality is that many are to concerned with what a president/person looks like rather than what his policies are. It falls under that "likeability" category.

I'm just laughing at the ones that like to make fat jokes yet are overweight themselves, and who have no idea about Christie's politics. I hope Christie keeps on going, establishes a name for himself, and continues to move up the ladder. I think he is the kind of person we need in politics.
What's really sad, most of the people judging him by his weight are probably part of the self-proclaimed tolerant crowd. Hug a tree, stop burning oil, everyone's a winner... look at how fat that guy is!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:47 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I know what you're saying here, yet I just have to point out that I think a man as overweight as Christie just may not be able to physically survive the pace and intensity of a Presidential campaign.
Exactly. It is a health issue. If he runs and is elected, his VP better be able to step in the office, as well. If the man doesn't lose 200 lbs and survives the campaign, he may very well die in office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I think an obese persons weight is often indicative of other poor qualities in people.
Sadly, this is true. Too me it is an indication of lack of discipline unwillingness to take personal responsibility for one's health. If something happens, it is friends and relatives who pick up the pieces.
Quote:

Nothing to do with how he looks. Hey, if he is in politics, he is responsible to his constituents. Part of that responsibility is he is physically fit enough to serve out his term and perform his best. Anyone 200lbs overweight is clearly not fit. Stamina will sooner or later become an issue, not to mention latent health issues as he ages. Not fair to his constituents, his staff, or his family. He needs to lose 200 lbs. His life depends on it.

And, fwiw, his waist far larger than 50". Probably closer to 60". He is almost as round as he is tall.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
^^^Eating disorder language.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Not since the invention of television has the US elected a fat person for President. The camera does add 10 lbs you know.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,207,077 times
NO.... a FAT SLOB THAT CANT CONTROL HIS OWN BAD HABITS of eating like a fat hog HAS NO BUSINESS TRYING TO TELL US WHAT IS BEST. He is as bad as those Sunday am tv preachers that weight 300 lbs and have a sweat rag in one hand telling everyone what GOD wants them to do......I think GOD wants them to shut up and eat less is what I think.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I purposefully did not write in the thread title "Could a Person . . ." because I don't think that a woman as heavy as Christie would stand a chance in hell of being elected President. But does Christie's weight offer a big obstacle (no pun intended) to him being a viable candidate for president in the future?
In reference to the title of the thread the answer is No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies