Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 05:57 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
'Research to date, however, does not support this claim."
Sure ^
  • 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
  • 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
  • 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
  • 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
  • 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)

Hmm seems those households with TWO fathers should do much better than those with only ONE.

What other factors are involved in YOUR stats?

100% of births will end in death .. so we should NEVER have children.

That is one stat that can't be refuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 06:00 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That Obama guy lived in a fantasy world until a few months ago.
So?

Old 09-01-2012, 06:20 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Now for one of those posts that regresses to the original topic:

My views were formed a million years or so ago when I was in college and learned what homosexuality was

BUT after I was out of school and working I knew some gay people and they were wonderful so I changed from thinking they were weird to being supportive of them

As for marriage, I'm all for it but don't call it marriage because that gets confusing. Marriage should be between a man and a woman.

I believe the government has to sanction it, not that the government should stay out of the marriage business. Mainly for practical purposes there has to be a verifiable record of the marriage that is the same for everyone, that will be recognized everywhere.

Gays should have an arrangement with all the benefits of marriage but it should be called a partnership or something because after thousands of years of marriage being man and woman, it shouldn't change now and it can be very confusing.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Gays should have an arrangement with all the benefits of marriage but it should be called a partnership or something because after thousands of years of marriage being man and woman, it shouldn't change now and it can be very confusing.
I'm sure that traditionalists (true traditionalists who know that marriage was historically more of a business arrangement than a man and woman being anything close to equal in any way) would say the same thing about what marriage has become, even minus the gays.

People who oppose gay marriage always try to pass it off as something to do with principles, when in reality, they're just plain prejudiced. I think if they're going to be scumballs, they should at least stand by their scumballhood. Don't try to hide it, be a man and let the world know what you're really trying to say!

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 09-01-2012 at 06:39 PM..

Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Now for one of those posts that regresses to the original topic:

My views were formed a million years or so ago when I was in college and learned what homosexuality was

BUT after I was out of school and working I knew some gay people and they were wonderful so I changed from thinking they were weird to being supportive of them

As for marriage, I'm all for it but don't call it marriage because that gets confusing. Marriage should be between a man and a woman.

I believe the government has to sanction it, not that the government should stay out of the marriage business. Mainly for practical purposes there has to be a verifiable record of the marriage that is the same for everyone, that will be recognized everywhere.

Right. Rampant 'confusion'.

There's so much 'confusion' over marriage now in Massachusetts the last eight years since same-sex marriage was made legal there.

And in Connecticut, and Iowa, and Vermont, and New Hampshire, and New York. Is that all the states where it's legal? I can't remember. See how 'confusing' it all is? What is? Wow, now I can't even remember the topic we were discussing!

Because... it's just all so... 'confusing'...

Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Gay marriage has nothing to do with anyone's rights. It has to do with weakening the last vestige of tribalism that stubbornly opposes the will of the state( which is the will of the oligarchs running the state). We hate the middle east in particular because they still have extended families.

Gay marriage will simply render it meaningless since unions of all sorts will follow. We will have 3 person unions, group orgy unions + people and pets.

The entire concept used to be based upon offspring and blood ties. Now that is is about feel good rights there is nothing but an arbitrary definition.

All the gays will achieve for their own sake is very little. For them to win they need to break the justification from blood ties to offspring. That just makes it meaningless. So all it is really doing is dismantling the institution that implies a tribal jurisdiction over the citizen.

Sooner or later it will come to pass that parents raising their children will begin to be questioned. A marriage implies this jurisdiction.

I hope I am wrong but that is the life of a cynic. All a cynic can hope for is the life of a surprised and happy fool or that of genius without hope.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:32 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Gay marriage has nothing to do with anyone's rights. It has to do with weakening the last vestige of tribalism that stubbornly opposes the will of the state( which is the will of the oligarchs running the state). We hate the middle east in particular because they still have extended families.

Gay marriage will simply render it meaningless since unions of all sorts will follow. We will have 3 person unions, group orgy unions + people and pets.

The entire concept used to be based upon offspring and blood ties. Now that is is about feel good rights there is nothing but an arbitrary definition.

All the gays will achieve for their own sake is very little. For them to win they need to break the justification from blood ties to offspring. That just makes it meaningless. So all it is really doing is dismantling the institution that implies a tribal jurisdiction over the citizen.

Sooner or later it will come to pass that parents raising their children will begin to be questioned. A marriage implies this jurisdiction.

I hope I am wrong but that is the life of a cynic. All a cynic can hope for is the life of a surprised and happy fool or that of genius without hope.
Gee, someone who doesn't like change insisting that it will doom society.

Now where have I heard that one before...

Old 09-01-2012, 06:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
My support of same-sex marriage stems from a strong belief in individual freedom and liberty. More choices = more happiness for all.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:46 PM

14,029 posts, read 15,037,335 times
Well, i realized it was none of my Damn buisness.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:56 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
I notice they do not mention widows. Why? Maybe because they cannot BLAME these women, like the others, for raising children in the same fatherless homes? What are the results for that? Do they think these women should rush right out find a man to marry again so their children will have fathers? Hurry up and marry again or your children will be the dredges of society without a man raising them.
I would imagine the widows of our dead soldiers and 9/11 widows would find this attitude very insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies