Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
anyone who thinks she is the future of the Democrat party has a screw loose..
Yes, because the spokeswomen for the right are so much better - Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Ann Coulter.

Whoops.....I forgot. Coulter's not a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, because the spokeswomen for the right are so much better - Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Ann Coulter.

Whoops.....I forgot. Coulter's not a woman.
I like how people like nita have this "ughh she's so TERRIBLE!" response to her without being able to actually articulate anything unlikable about Fluke, other than insulting comments on her looks. This is because unlike the above people, she's pretty classy and refrains from the childishness of the above ladies.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I like how people like nita have this "ughh she's so TERRIBLE!" response to her without being able to actually articulate anything unlikable about Fluke, other than insulting comments on her looks. This is because unlike the above people, she's pretty classy and refrains from the childishness of the above ladies.
I know.

And instead of my own snarky response, I should have asked nita what it is - specifically - that she dislikes about Miss Fluke.

I just got a little cranky when I read another negative post about Miss Fluke, with no substance to it and no reasoning behind it - just more of the same old "Rush tells me to hate her, therefore I hate her."

Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I don't even know why they insult her looks. Looks wise Fluke is above average. She's certainly way better looking than the beasts on the right (Limbaugh, Coulter, etc..)

Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Her "out"titude is just fine. It's her attitude and sense of entitlement that is insulting.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Her "out"titude is just fine. It's her attitude and sense of entitlement that is insulting.
Damn women who buy health care insurance and expect their provider to provide birth control. Damn them, what the hell did they think health care insurance was for anyways??

Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I don't even know why they insult her looks. Looks wise Fluke is above average. She's certainly way better looking than the beasts on the right (Limbaugh, Coulter, etc..)
It's mostly because they can't debate on the substance. It's the same reason why they think she's asking for them to pay for her birth control because she's a ****, when she was actually saying that insurance should cover "birth control" because it's often used for other reason , such as ovarian cysts or pain due to menstral cramps. Fluke's point is perfectly reasonable, the conservative response pathetically mysogynistic.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Damn women who buy health care insurance and expect their provider to provide birth control. Damn them, what the hell did they think health care insurance was for anyways??
Damn people who buy car insurance and expect their insurer to replace the tires and change the oil. Damn them, what the hell did they think car insurance was for anyways??

Old 09-07-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
It's mostly because they can't debate on the substance. It's the same reason why they think she's asking for them to pay for her birth control because she's a ****, when she was actually saying that insurance should cover "birth control" because it's often used for other reason , such as ovarian cysts or pain due to menstral cramps. Fluke's point is perfectly reasonable, the conservative response pathetically mysogynistic.
Eye care and dental care is rarely covered at any real level under most medical plans. If you guys want to fight for the limited dollars left I suggest that would be a better use of health insurance dollars.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Damn people who buy car insurance and expect their insurer to replace the tires and change the oil. Damn them, what the hell did they think car insurance was for anyways??
So if you have ovarian cysts and need birth control to regulate them, that is the equivalent to you of tires and an oil change?

Do you realize how serious some of these health issues are? I've had ovarian cysts, and they can lead to infertility, needing surgery, losing your ovaries, etc. I had to have surgery while I was pregnant because of these cysts and I almost lost my baby AND the ability to have a baby! Can you imagine how terrifying that is for a woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies