Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times

Advertisements

Do you know of a country you can move to that is similar to ours but the people pay less in taxes?

Americans' tax burden is lightest in developed world - USATODAY.com

Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
They shut down online poker. The government has no business interfering in anyone's right to play this game of skill.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Do you know of a country you can move to that is similar to ours but the people pay less in taxes?

Americans' tax burden is lightest in developed world - USATODAY.com
tell that to the poor people in this country.

the burden used to be lighter, and most of us don't care what they do in other countries because we want to live here.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:16 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,800,136 times
Catto, I think the answers are in. The government-is-interfering-in-my-life people have spoken. The consensus is that they don't like taxes. Just like everything else, it comes down to money.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
Catto, I think the answers are in. The government-is-interfering-in-my-life people have spoken. The consensus is that they don't like taxes. Just like everything else, it comes down to money.
If you do not think money is important try not having any.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
It's all I've got, so it's all they can take.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,800,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If you do not think money is important try not having any.
How does the adage go? The only certainties in life are death and taxes.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:13 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
How does the adage go? The only certainties in life are death and taxes.
Yep, and I don't look forward to either one.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:19 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I keep reading about the government intervening in folks lives, so I'm curious to know what is it that you are doing that I'm not. I ask because I trying to figure out why the government has been interfering in mine. Outside of a few traffic signals, and having to pay a toll to return to Philadelphia from New Jersey I've had absolutely zero interactions with the government, government policies or anything that could be remotely construed as being present much less interfering in my life.

Can you folks who have the government poking into the life's help figure out what makes you so special?
When you can tell us where you read this and what is being said, we can have a discussion.

News Flash: Government makes laws and those laws effect peoples lives. When those laws stop people or businesses from doing something the lawmakers think they shouldn't be doing, those doing that call it "interfering."

Be that as it may, I am glad government "interferes" with drug makers who want to put untested drugs on the market; I am glad government "interferes" with meat packing plants that want to sell tainted meat; I am glad government "interferes" with airlines that want to stretch the maintenance of aircraft parts; I am glad government "interferes" with industry that think the waterways are theirs to dump their industrial waste; I am glad government "interferes" with mining companies who want to exploit their worker's health and safety.

Your liberty to swing your arms ends at my nose. When what you do impacts the whole society, government should regulate that.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I keep reading about the government intervening in folks lives, so I'm curious to know what is it that you are doing that I'm not. I ask because I trying to figure out why the government has been interfering in mine. Outside of a few traffic signals, and having to pay a toll to return to Philadelphia from New Jersey I've had absolutely zero interactions with the government, government policies or anything that could be remotely construed as being present much less interfering in my life.

Can you folks who have the government poking into the life's help figure out what makes you so special?

1. Confiscating large amounts of my income to distribute to others who did not earn it.

2. Forcing me into a social security program I do not want

3. Forcing me into Obamacare, which I do not want

4. preventing me from purchasing automatic weapons

5. preventing me from purchasing cheaper coal fired electricity

6. preventing me from having the right to purchase less energy efficient appliances (which used to work)

7. preventing my vote from having the impact it should by allowing illegals and the dead to vote

8. preventing me from contributing as much as I want to a political candidate

9. making me pay for public schools when we have never used them

Government get out of my life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies