Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,107,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post

Conservatives, where's the indignation for state and local government? Why are the federales the scapegoat?
My mind doesn't separate the two. Government is government.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
The gvt is stopping me from starting a marijuana co - op which has the potential to be a huge money maker. I am talking about getting PAID. I have some acreage and know a lot of pot smokers that I could easily convince to become members. As members they would pay so much for plant/weight and would enjoy huge savings over the street. For growth I would attend all the bike rallies in the area and my co op could boom.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,047,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The gvt is stopping me from starting a marijuana co - op which has the potential to be a huge money maker. I am talking about getting PAID. I have some acreage and know a lot of pot smokers that I could easily convince to become members. As members they would pay so much for plant/weight and would enjoy huge savings over the street. For growth I would attend all the bike rallies in the area and my co op could boom.
Dude, don't give away business plans on the internet for free, LOL.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I hear that in Somalia the government does not get mixed up in your business. Not many taxes either. Is that what you want?
Only an idiot would confuse Somalia with a free market. Nobody is advocating no government. Government is necessary to ensure a free market.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:40 AM

174 posts, read 96,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Dude, don't give away business plans on the internet for free, LOL.
Yeah, I think he's talking cycles and sickles.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003
That's because you have your head in the sand. Government tells us (including you)

- what you can buy
- what you can smoke
- what you can drink
- what you can eat
- who you can have sex with

I must not have gotten the list.

Maybe you didn't get the list because you aren't looking, but government still restricts all of the things on the above list.

Go try to have sex with a prostitute and find out how much government tells you how to live. Go try to buy clove cigarettes and see if you have control over your own life. The list is endless.

Quote:
- when your store can be open
- what you can sell on what days
- what prices you can charge
- what profit margin you can make

Poor baby? I live in Pennsylvania I don't have these problems.
Yes you do have all of these problems.

Go try to buy a car next Sunday in PA. You can't.

In PA, you can't bet on horse races on Sunday.

In PA, you can't buy alcohol on Sunday.

In PA, you can't even open your own liquor store.

In PA, you have price controls on things such as credit card fees.

In PA, the government restricts how much profit margin you can make on health insurance policies.

In PA, you can't even go hunting on Sunday.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh jeez, paying a minimum wage is so infringing upon my liberty. In fact, the constitutional provision against slavery hinders my liberty too.
Minimum wages and slavery are unrelated topics. Nobody here is proposing slavery.

Try to keep up.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
Conservatives, where's the indignation for state and local government? Why are the federales the scapegoat?
It's always been there. Nothing has changed. We have a bloated nanny state and that includes every level of government.

If you want to look, search my posts to see many many issues with state and local governments.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That sounds like a great idea. You'd probably do very well running that type of business.

I sell BBQ, grilled food, and whole bunch of other goodies. I also have a music marketing business. Maybe we could partner together!

Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 PM

629 posts, read 946,462 times
I'm trying hard to think of how government inconveniences me and I haven't come up with a whole lot. I get a little annoyed at DMV type stuff, taxes, and traffic cameras, and think some of the liquor regulations are silly, but I'm pretty happy about my roads, education, libraries, and free museums.

I think we've gone a little overboard with security theater too but a lot of people feel safer about it so I guess that's a wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies