Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 06:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,688,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
What black woman in America wouldn't want to keep, maintain, and proudly display, her license to practice law?
That's certainly a racist mentality.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:38 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Now the argument has gotten down to "Jesus said lawyers are liars and manipulators of the truth"........Guess that leaves some of those folks with nowhere to turn since Romney too has a law degree and was licensed to practice law.
God will judge. I am just telling you what Jesus said.. in the days when he walked the earth. Take if for what it is worth.

Jesus said of the people trying to trap him in his words.. he had to be careful what he said and yet they still put him on the cross.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Then the Pharisees went and plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
International Standard Version (©2008)
Then the Pharisees went and planned how to trap Jesus in conversation.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And the Pharisees went, and they took counsel how they might catch him in discourse.
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Then the Pharisees went away and planned to trap Jesus into saying the wrong thing.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
American King James Version

Old 09-08-2012, 06:40 PM

46,976 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let's just say it would not matter if they did something wrong...
Let's just say you and yours present a shred of evidence of wrongdoing as regards the Obama's law licenses? Something you've manifestly failed to do so far.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:43 PM

46,976 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
What black woman in America wouldn't want to keep, maintain, and proudly display, her license to practice law?
A black woman with a law degree who doesn't want to work as a lawyer? She still has her degree, you know. Reinstating her license in Illinois is just paperwork and fees.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Let's just say you and yours present a shred of evidence of wrongdoing as regards the Obama's law licenses? Something you've manifestly failed to do so far.
that is a true statement. But God only knows the full truth.. not I nor you .

I personally don't care. It is the things I know already.. how about spending some time looking at the foreclosures on Trulia..in Ft Myers, or Orlando, or Miami and see how people are losing their homes for being unemployed. Check out the economy . See how America is doing or is having birth control for women a bigger issue for you.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
You are blind.. you believe what you want to believe. If Obama gets in the next 4 years , I hope you are prepared for the worst.
but I know it will hurt many people , the poor and the middleclass , then the rich will leave and this country will have a depression like never before..

I don't know where you live, maybe your area looks prosperous for now.. but I will tell you , do your homework on how many foreclosures are coming again. Many more. I have posted the links of just one town and these towns and cities are many.. and there are so many more foreclosures coming I can't believe it. It isn't republican or democrat,

This democratic party has changed drastically. the dems gave the shaft to the union leaders passing nafta.. I see what has happened with jobs going to Mexico. And you say you are a democrat and support Obama the no job creator. the tax base supports the poor.. we need workers.. my insurance agent told me there are no workers to support the people on medicare and welfare. He says Obamacare is going to push everyones policies so high they will not be able to get decent coverage anymore.. I just asked what do you think of Obamacare. He was honest.
And it's not possible for you to be "blind" to everything but the most drastic "doomsday" type scenarios?

You just posted that "Jesus said that lawyers are liars and manipulators of the truth. Well, Romney also has a law degree and was licensed to practice. WHO will you vote for now?

By the way, this is not Cuba.....I don't think the "rich" are running away just yet......like they did prior to the revolution there.

I think the Affordable Health Care for America Act is a good thing, even though I would have preferred it to be a single payer plan.

Affordable Health Care for America Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for "workers," your insurance agent is the "expert" for you?
I have a friend whose 16 year old daughter has crohns, and the family is so relieved that she will be able to stay on their insurance now until she is 26. Do you suppose that girl would have had a hard time getting insurance with such a pre-existing disease?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
And it's not possible for you to be "blind" to everything but the most drastic "doomsday" type scenarios?

You just posted that "Jesus said that lawyers are liars and manipulators of the truth. Well, Romney also has a law degree and was licensed to practice. WHO will you vote for now?

By the way, this is not Cuba.....I don't think the "rich" are running away just yet......like they did prior to the revolution there.

I think the Affordable Health Care for America Act is a good thing, even though I would have preferred it to be a single payer plan.

I have a friend whose 16 year old daughter has crohns, and the family is so relieved that she will be able to stay on their insurance now until she is 26. Do you suppose that girl would have had a hard time getting insurance with such a pre-existing disease?
Guess what, I know a girl who had crohns and she got care before Obamacare. What, you think she would get no care..Obama has become your savior now.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
God will judge. I am just telling you what Jesus said.. in the days when he walked the earth. Take if for what it is worth.

Jesus said of the people trying to trap him in his words.. he had to be careful what he said and yet they still put him on the cross.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Then the Pharisees went and plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
International Standard Version (©2008)
Then the Pharisees went and planned how to trap Jesus in conversation.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And the Pharisees went, and they took counsel how they might catch him in discourse.
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Then the Pharisees went away and planned to trap Jesus into saying the wrong thing.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
American King James Version
"Pharisees" are specifically "lawyers"?

I still don't see where it says they are "liars."

Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,706,383 times
Quote:

That doesn't justify Obamacare. Pre-existing conditions could have been handled separately. In fact, many current problems with insurance could have been addressed without creating the monster we've dubbed Obamacare. That will bring us more problems of a different kind, many of which will not kick in for another year or more.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:

Not doomsday. facts. 3000 homes in one town in foreclosure in the present list and this has been going on since 2008.

Fort Myers Real Estate & Fort Myers Homes For Sale — Trulia.com

Last edited by Taratova; 09-08-2012 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies