Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,239,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you think this is the only thread on CD I've ever read? I've seen your posts all over P&OC about your Christian beliefs and "God." You have not been shy about your religious beliefs one bit. I don't think it's very nice or "Christian" to call someone a liar for no reason at all. What do you think I"m lying about?
you have not been shy about your liberal beliefs either.. and you did bring it up..on this thread. YOU accusing me of bringing God up on this thread. YOu did.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, because that's just what an avowed true Follower of Jesus such as yourself would do... post an old picture of someone and ridicule them as fat. I see you've really taken to heart the examples and teachings of Jesus in Bible.
Michelle goes after the fat people , I don't.. someone else posted the picture on this thread first.. I used it off the thread.

I actually think everyone should have a right to a twinkie but not Michelle.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,424,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
you have not been shy about your liberal beliefs either.. and you did bring it up..on this thread. YOU accusing me of bringing God up on this thread. YOu did.
I assume you're the same person in every thread you post. So in this particular thread, were you not a Christian before I mentioned the Bible? I don't remember accusing you of bringing up god specifically in this thread. I did assume you are a Christian all the time though. I learned a long, long time ago when I was a little girl that when you make a lot of noise about being a Christian you have a lot to live up to, you are Christ's representative, therefore, your behavior and your actions are watched to see how Christ would have us live.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I assume you're the same person in every thread you post. So in this particular thread, were you not a Christian before I mentioned the Bible? I don't remember accusing you of bringing up god specifically in this thread. I did assume you are a Christian all the time though. I learned a long, long time ago when I was a little girl that when you make a lot of noise about being a Christian you have a lot to live up to, you are Christ's representative, therefore, your behavior and your actions are watched to see how Christ would have us live.
So you are a liberal. big deal..

And God watches you too ..

Disciples’ Relation to the World 18“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19“If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. 20“Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21“But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. 22“If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23“He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24“If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. 25“But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law

Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,591,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This thread is strong evidence that extreme conservatism truly is a mental disease, similar to extreme liberalism.

Primary symptom of extreme conservative mental illness includes the fetishistic need to make a conspiracy theory out of absolutely EVERYTHING, always in 100% diametric opposition to obviously rational alternative explanations, clear contrary evidence, and/or simple elementary logic.

Not a day goes by without you people cooking up some new completely irrelevant lunacy...good lord. But I realize that you have a problem and can't help yourselves.
Getting tired of defending the indefensible?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,132,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Getting tired of defending the indefensible?
No just tired of having dismissed the threads premiss with prejudice and after having done so, having to comb through irrelevant, irrational, and nonsensical posts that have nothing to do with the thread topic.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No just tired of having dismissed the threads premiss with prejudice and after having done so, having to comb through irrelevant, irrational, and nonsensical posts that have nothing to do with the thread topic.
I agree.. This changed into attack the Christian thread .among many other topics... um.. didn't the liberals take the word God out of the DNC.. Can't mention your faith without being attacked..

Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Have you actually ever read or listened to Sandra Fluke's testimony? It was not primarily about fornication.

PolitiFact | In Context: Sandra Fluke on contraceptives and women's health

These denials of contraceptive coverage impact real people. In the worst cases, women who need this medication for other medical reasons suffer very dire consequences. A friend of mine, for example, has polycystic ovarian syndrome, and she has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries. Her prescription is technically covered by Georgetown's insurance, because it's not intended to prevent pregnancy. Unfortunately, under many religious institutions' insurance plans, it wouldn't be. There would be no exception for other medical needs. And under Senator Blunt's amendment, Senator Rubio's bill or Representative Fortenberry's bill, there's no requirement that such an exception be made for these medical needs.

For my friend, and 20 percent of the women in her situation, she never got the insurance company to cover her prescription. Despite verification of her illness from her doctor, her claim was denied repeatedly on the assumption that she really wanted birth control to prevent pregnancy. She's gay -- so clearly, polycystic ovarian syndrome was a much more urgent concern than accidental pregnancy for her.
in the middle of the night in her final-exam period, she'd been in the emergency room. She'd been there all night in just terrible, excruciating pain. She wrote to me: "It was so painful I woke up thinking I'd been shot." Without her taking the birth control, a massive cyst the size of a tennis ball had grown on her ovary. She had to have surgery to remove her entire ovary as a result. On the morning I was originally scheduled to give this testimony, she was sitting in a doctor's office trying to cope with the consequences of this medical catastrophe.
Come on.. they want birth control for birth control. not for cysts only.. weak...

Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,857,942 times
Quote:
Come on.. they want birth control for birth control. not for cysts only.. weak...
I actually have members of my own family who are in the same situation; they have been prescribed birth control for reasons other than preventing pregnancy, so her testimony rings true to me.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,698,118 times
Quote:
We have been on at least 10 different subjects... get back to us when it is 20 or so..
You're kind to defend your friend, although I didn't direct my comment to you.

She's had plenty of time to consider and address my question if she had an answer to it.

Of course, you're welcome to answer the same questions.

Have you read the explanations at Snopes and other sources?
Do you have any evidence that the clear and concise explanations given there are not correct?

(And I'll just point out that dark warnings about corruption, bias, and undue influence brought to bear upon public institutions, of the kind you have previously supplied on this thread, without evidence that they are at work in this particular case, do not constitute evidence.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies