Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 07:01 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's certainly a racist mentality.
Racist and lacks understanding of professional licenses. Letting a professional license go inactive isn't a big deal at all, and it certainly doesn't change the fact that she has and always will have a law degree which I imagine is likely displayed somewhere. It's only important to display a professional license when you are practicing your profession so clients/patients/customers know you are licensed.

A number of years ago, I took a few years off from my profession, I let my license go inactive because I was busy working on other projects and didn't want to spend the time or money on continuing education to keep an unused license active. When I decided to go back into my licensed profession I took a few simple steps and was able to quickly bring it back to active, and begin practicing again.

Once again a big deal made over nothing. If people don't like our current president they need to focus on actual issues and reality if they expect intelligent people to listen, not all this silly gossipy birth certificate, license nonsense.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:06 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Racist and lacks understanding of professional licenses. Letting a professional license go inactive isn't a big deal at all, and it certainly doesn't change the fact that she has and always will have a law degree which I imagine is likely displayed somewhere. It's only important to display a professional license when you are practicing your profession so clients/patients/customers know you are licensed.

A number of years ago, I took a few years off from my profession, I let my license go inactive because I was busy working on other projects and didn't want to spend the time or money on continuing education to keep an unused license active. When I decided to go back into my licensed profession I took a few simple steps and was able to quickly bring it back to active, and begin practicing again.

Once again a big deal made over nothing. If people don't like our current president they need to focus on actual issues and reality if they expect intelligent people to listen, not all this silly gossipy birth certificate, license nonsense.
How about foreclosures because of unemployment instead of birth control .

Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Guess what, I know a girl who had crohns and she got care before Obamacare. What, you think she would get no care..Obama has become your savior now.
Prior to the Affordable Care Act, she would have had to try to get private insurance when it was legal to refuse to insure someone with a pre-existing condition. Yes, I think it would have been pretty darned hard for her to get insurance. Did you not know about that pre-existing condition thingy? Exactly how much do you personally know about what you call "Obamacare" from your personal research and not what people have "told you"?

Let me make this clear for you. I think when you say things like "Obama has become your savior" that you diminish your own religion. You do nothing to bother me. I don't believe in saviors. However, you claim that you do. So aren't you really just demeaning your own "savior" when you make that claim about Obama? Somehow, I just don't think "Jesus" would talk or behave in that manner.

Again, who are you going to vote for now? Both candidates are "lawyers."

Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"Pharisees" are specifically "lawyers"?

I still don't see where it says they are "liars."
Read your bible. Find out for yourself and stop being a thorn to Jesus. Go join a bible study before you make statements about the bible.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am pretty sure the Obamas won't be practicing in Illinois again since they are selling their mansion there and probably moving to Hawaii after January 2013 according to what I have read more than one place.
I didn't say they were going to reinstate, I was just pointing out that ANY lawyer who goes on inactive status or retired status voluntarily CAN go back on active status easily. There's no disciplinary action involved.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That doesn't justify Obamacare. Pre-existing conditions could have been handled separately. In fact, many current problems with insurance could have been addressed without creating the monster we've dubbed Obamacare. That will bring us more problems of a different kind, many of which will not kick in for another year or more.
I said I like the Affordable Healthcare Act. I don't want to get into a long, detailed discussion of that topic. I was simply answering a question posed by someone else posting in this thread. If you want to talk about healthcare/insurance, start your own thread.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:16 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
I said I like the Affordable Healthcare Act. I don't want to get into a long, detailed discussion of that topic. I was simply answering a question posed by someone else posting in this thread. If you want to talk about healthcare/insurance, start your own thread.
Sorry. Didn't know this was resctricted participation. I thought this was a thread open to comments by all on discussions at hand.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Read your bible. Find out for yourself and stop being a thorn to Jesus. Go join a bible study before you make statements about the bible.
Look, you made the claim. I'm asking for source information. Obviously you cannot defend your claim.

I'm not looking for Bible studies classes. Not interested actually. I have my own spiritual beliefs and practices which I am NOT trying to push off on your and the rest of the forum members. And you should be more than ready and capable of answering questions about your beliefs if you are going to continually use them as reasons for your political positions. You know, I might think you were the "thorn to Jesus" based on your posts.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Prior to the Affordable Care Act, she would have had to try to get private insurance when it was legal to refuse to insure someone with a pre-existing condition. Yes, I think it would have been pretty darned hard for her to get insurance. Did you not know about that pre-existing condition thingy? Exactly how much do you personally know about what you call "Obamacare" from your personal research and not what people have "told you"?

Let me make this clear for you. I think when you say things like "Obama has become your savior" that you diminish your own religion. You do nothing to bother me. I don't believe in saviors. However, you claim that you do. So aren't you really just demeaning your own "savior" when you make that claim about Obama? Somehow, I just don't think "Jesus" would talk or behave in that manner.

Again, who are you going to vote for now? Both candidates are "lawyers."
Your democratic party doesn't want the word God there. Obama is their god.. small letter g.. We understand where you come from.. kill babies, give birth control to commit fornication such as Sandra Fluke.. we understand what god you serve.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That doesn't justify Obamacare. Pre-existing conditions could have been handled separately.
Well the Republicans had quite a few years to make those changes, but they didn't.

Quote:
That will bring us more problems of a different kind, many of which will not kick in for another year or more.
So they claim... but I thought this thread was about law licenses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies