Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Europeans already have rocket powered spacecraft, personal computers, the automobile, the airplane, etc., can't we just let the Africans have peanut butter?
Carver was an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Racists. Cool.

Any opinion of the subject in the OP?
Not really, as someone else pointed out, its a very poorly written article that is all over the place, not to mention that I'm not going to go crazy over what one unknown principal at the other end of the country says. I can post crazy stuff that one of my neighbors say, but is it really worth it?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
To the OP.....aren't there more "pressing issues" we should be discussing before the election???????

The threads here are getting ABSURD!!!!!!
So then you must be pretty upset with Obama then, huh? The man has had only two meetings with his cabinet this year, and only one meeting back in January, with his Jobs Council, and his public schedule is pathetic. Let's see what it is for the week:

White House Schedule - September 9 to September 15, 2012 | The White House

Hmmm, looks like our president does not see any "pressing issues." Can we go back to talking about the direction our public school administrators are taking us into?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not really, as someone else pointed out, its a very poorly written article that is all over the place, not to mention that I'm not going to go crazy over what one unknown principal at the other end of the country says. I can post crazy stuff that one of my neighbors say, but is it really worth it?
This group consults\advises schools all over the country. These would be Title 1 schools which means federal money to help these lagging schools improve.

So no, it's not just one principal and they are wasting resources on stuff like this instead of actually helping some of the most vulnerable students.

It seems some of the schools are wising up though and no longer paying for this crappy advice.

P.S. Your showing up calling people racists in this thread was so perfect. It really highlights how abused the term is.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 AM

640 posts, read 718,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Nah, you got that wrong. That's not liberal ideology, that's just stupid - and the two terms are not freely interchangeable.

^This

I'm a liberal and agree with even the most conservative posters on this one. This is easily the dumbest thing I've read in weeks.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:52 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I was thinking the same thing..... we learn something new every day.

So only "white people" eat PBJ, wonder if that goes for Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato...........

The biggest problem is their multiplying........
Muslims ain't supposed to eat bacon but "Muslim" ain't a race. Jews neither but many of them do like thier bacon or ham.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
These stories are red meat for the racists. They swarm to it like flies to crap.
Like Gutierrez? SHE'S the racist in the OP's article.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:33 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
If I'm getting a free tax payer paid sandwich at school I don't think I'm going to revolt about what type of bread it's on.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I'm getting a free tax payer paid sandwich at school I don't think I'm going to revolt about what type of bread it's on.
Multi-grain is the only clear choice in liberal utopia la-la land. Diversity is key.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Kids are gonna be scared to even talk soon. Maybe that is the goal to keep em all quiet since the ridilin they try and drug em all up on isn't doing the job?

"Verenice Gutierrez picks up on the subtle language of racism every day. Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year.
“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.
“Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”
Guitierrez, along with all of Portland Public Schools’ principals, will start the new school year off this week by drilling in on the language of “Courageous Conversations,” the district-wide equity training being implemented in every building in phases during the past few years.
Through intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives, the premise is that if educators can understand their own “white privilege,” then they can change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance."

http://portlandtribune.com/pt-rss/9-...rum-for-equity
Wow. Is there anything more backwards, regressively racist, and downright scary - than the Left's aggressive anti-white propaganda and bigotry?

How is this kind of hatred and ignorance allowed to be taught in a public school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies