Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's not her policy, she is just a drone that is doing what she is told.
Thing is Mathguy, she has a choice. I once worked for an employer who wanted me to conduct business in a manner that was contrary to ethical and logical grounds. I quit and moved on. She is free to do the same, so by not doing so, she condones it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 12:09 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,539,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We get that it's not about what they are eating, we are just having fun with the ludicrous notion that PBJ represents "white privledge".

Granted however, that since I was a bologna eater I must be some sort of highly advanced alien race.

I am so "privileged" that I have at least 15 jars of peanut butter in my storage cupboard. Am I beyond racist?

I just had bologna in my scrambled eggs... not my first choice, but I did not make breakfast, so ate what I was given.

I'd rather eat peanut butter.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
She was a studdent of a group called Pacific Educational Group, which developed the "Courageous Conversations" program. This is on PEG's homepage and sums up what it teaches:

“At Pacific Educational Group we believe Systemic Racism is the most devastating factor contributing to the diminished capacity of all children, especially black children, to achieve at the highest levels, and contributes to the fracturing of the communities that nurture and support them.”

Pacific Educational Group

Worth a glance to see where the schools' are getting their philosophy and teaching materials.
this board desperately needs one of those projectile-vomiting smilies for just such times as this.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I had a friend from Canada, who was so poor, he had to eat lobster..... He said the other kids would pick on him, because he was so poor he had to eat lobster.

They couldn't afford to buy meat so they had to fish, and catch whatever they could. That meant lobster quite often. Must be rough.
Back when people came to the US as 7-year indentured servants to the east coast of the USA, many of them had contracts stipulating that they would only be fed lobster a certain number of times a week because it was consider this cheap crappy food. This would have been the 1700's.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Thing is Mathguy, she has a choice. I once worked for an employer who wanted me to conduct business in a manner that was contrary to ethical and logical grounds. I quit and moved on. She is free to do the same, so by not doing so, she condones it.
I see your point.

Also, judging by some additional information from other posters, this lady isn't a drone...she's a racist pushing the stuff to the hilt.

She's going to wind up getting her school sued and kicked out on her butt by the time the dust settles.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:50 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
It's a classic example of "create a problem so we can then come up with a solution". Some people have no brains but it makes them feel good about themselves for some weird reason. This stuff shouldn't be tolerated or respected, it should be stomped down the second it rears it's ugly head.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
So now peanut farmer Jimmy Carter is now accussed of growing weapons of mass destruction?

Along with assualt rifle definitions and classifications, coal will also become a weapon of mass destruction under Obama regulatory czars.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:55 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Depends. Have you now, or in the past, have possessed white skin that readily turns red in the sun, or have a European face? If you answer yes to this question, you might be a racist and not know it. If you answer no, you're good to go
Damn. I am a racist. I don't even get points for the ethnic first name?

Old 09-11-2012, 12:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Jazz pointed out the group that trains them. I did some googling and schools all over the country are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for training each year.

One district has been doing it for 6 years and they still have 27 out of 33 schools low performing.
It hasn't worked yet they continue to pay the money each year.
Here is your waste. They lay off teachers yet continue funding programs that do not work.

Superintendent: Consulting group's role in closing Ann Arbor achievement gap will be 'significantly less'

Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
I have you all know that I grew up without Cheeseburgers. Now that I live in the US, I feel utterly oppressed by you white devils and your burgers. In fact, I feel so disenfranchised by the omnipresence of burgers that I cannot help but underperform at work.

Why do you hate me so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies