Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:04 AM

59 posts, read 45,558 times

Advertisements

If the libertarians really cared they would follow the teachings of the libertines/rakes from the 1800's. If you don't know who or what they were check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Whats the first in step in the 12 program? Admit you have a problem, or better yet admit that the problem is you. Before the libertarian can advance their party, they have to quit blaming democrats and republicans for their short comings as a party. 75% of your party is filled with wackos, and your idea of government is pure fantasy.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,822 times
The Demographic party grows through racial polarization and class warfare. Since libertarians oppose those things,the Demopgraphs are not a good model.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
i'm sorry, where has ron paul been at in this election, oh yea, on the bench. how about gary johnson, on the bench. You guys aren't going anywhere but at the end of the bench.

And you just prove like many others that you tend to treat politics like a sporting event! Yeaaaahhhhhhh hoooraaaay! Go team!

Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And you just prove like many others that you tend to treat politics like a sporting event! Yeaaaahhhhhhh hoooraaaay! Go team!
you guys seem to treat it like you are some fantasy island. Lets create a free market society with no rules and regulations and we are all going to magically prosper because we are going to treat people with respect and diginity and not do anything to violate the spirit of business or anything like that.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:44 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Full disclosure, i'm a democrat so you couldn't pay me enough to be part of the libertarian party, but I think I can help ya'll with growing your party.

1. Get rid of all the tin-foil on my head idiots, or atleast put them on mute. It's make your party look way to extreme and looney tune. If you listen to some of the wackos on here, you'd think the US is going to turn in a 3rd world african country in 4 years and that our country will be ranked somewhere between angola and mexico. This crap about freedom needs to stop. There may be rules you have to follow, but you guys make it seem like government tells you when to take a ****. republicans are dealing with the tea party extremist and that will soon blow up in their face.

2. This is the most important. Please stop with the condesending statements that the majority of society is brainwashed, want to be controlled by a nanny government, that you guys are just so much smarter then everybody because you don't vote for either party. insulting people usually isn't the best way to advance your party. Republicans have done this to minorities for decades by calling us brainwashed and lazy, and on a democratic planatation, and then every 4 years I see articles talking about how they can't get the minority vote and have to come up with bogus voter id laws to suppress the black vote because they have turned us off to their party.

I'm fully aware you guys will just dismiss what I just wrote and call me an idiot and a sheep to the democratic party, but keep this is mind, in 4 years, you guys will continue just to be as irrelevant then, as you are now if you continue with what you are doing.
Here's some free advice: bugger off. You're not a libertarian, you have made your opinions of freedom lovers quite clear so kindly take your advice and shove it where the son don't shine. Go back to Democrat land where Republicans are evil and Obama is the savior and kindly let us live our lives.

Thank you,
Libertarians.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please do not give these lunatics any practical advice. I suggest you Libertarians keep following the true believers you worship. Remember Ayn Rand revealed the true path to freedom and wealth. You should concentrate on self gratification, greed and belief in Mammon. they will take you far.
It's so hard to explain to simple minds the idea of property, freedom of association, non-aggression, sound currency, and liberty. These principles have existed for hundreds of years, they were around long before Ayn Rand was a twinkle in her father's eyes and they'll be around long after my children's children are old and grey.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Here's some free advice: bugger off. You're not a libertarian, you have made your opinions of freedom lovers quite clear so kindly take your advice and shove it where the son don't shine. Go back to Democrat land where Republicans are evil and Obama is the savior and kindly let us live our lives.

Thank you,
Libertarians.
it wont be the kind of the life you want because we won't be seeing gary johnson or any other libertarians anytime soon, so I guess you'll just be living under that democrat or republican land.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:07 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

Thank you,
Libertarians.
I'll second that!

Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
you guys seem to treat it like you are some fantasy island. Lets create a free market society with no rules and regulations and we are all going to magically prosper because we are going to treat people with respect and diginity and not do anything to violate the spirit of business or anything like that.
Free market does not mean it allows coercion, fraud, or theft. It does not mean people can do what ever they want Einstein. Regulation and laws are fine if it protects from these things and allows for efficiency in the price system of goods and services. You love government controll over the market because you fail to see the corruption that such control and price setting have on the information contained in the price itself. Price controls distrort the market - of course those in controll will always benifit from it. Get a clue! You and you false dichotomy are laughable - it is the type of regulation that matters Genius - ones that allow the market to freely exist while protecting the players from those things mentioned above. They should facilitate the flow of goods and services not create mazes of obfuscation so our 'servants' can rob us of our weath while they ingratiate themsleves and their buddies at the expense of others.

Go smell balls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies