Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,109 times

Advertisements

Full disclosure, i'm a democrat so you couldn't pay me enough to be part of the libertarian party, but I think I can help ya'll with growing your party.

1. Get rid of all the tin-foil on my head idiots, or atleast put them on mute. It's make your party look way to extreme and looney tune. If you listen to some of the wackos on here, you'd think the US is going to turn in a 3rd world african country in 4 years and that our country will be ranked somewhere between angola and mexico. This crap about freedom needs to stop. There may be rules you have to follow, but you guys make it seem like government tells you when to take a ****. republicans are dealing with the tea party extremist and that will soon blow up in their face.

2. This is the most important. Please stop with the condesending statements that the majority of society is brainwashed, want to be controlled by a nanny government, that you guys are just so much smarter then everybody because you don't vote for either party. insulting people usually isn't the best way to advance your party. Republicans have done this to minorities for decades by calling us brainwashed and lazy, and on a democratic planatation, and then every 4 years I see articles talking about how they can't get the minority vote and have to come up with bogus voter id laws to suppress the black vote because they have turned us off to their party.

I'm fully aware you guys will just dismiss what I just wrote and call me an idiot and a sheep to the democratic party, but keep this is mind, in 4 years, you guys will continue just to be as irrelevant then, as you are now if you continue with what you are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 10:04 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times
You mean kinda like the tin-foil on the heads of Jefferson, Franklin, Adams and all the others that were far too radical and unconventional for the Tories? I get reality in HD with my tin-foil, by the way.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
You mean kinda like the tin-foil on the heads of Jefferson, Franklin, Adams and all the others that were far too radical and unconventional for the Tories? I get reality in HD with my tin-foil, by the way.
thats about the reaction I expect from you guys.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
This crap about freedom needs to stop.
This is offered as advice for the Libertarian Party. Seriously?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Please do not give these lunatics any practical advice. I suggest you Libertarians keep following the true believers you worship. Remember Ayn Rand revealed the true path to freedom and wealth. You should concentrate on self gratification, greed and belief in Mammon. they will take you far.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:17 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times
The principles of Libertarianism was around way before Ayn Rand. They are predicated on the writings concerning Liberty and direction in which the nation should go. There was much difference in opinion on that direction - but that is the basis for libertarian thought - not Ayn Rand.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:20 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The principles of Libertarianism was around way before Ayn Rand.
Quite so. Ayn Rand has her place, but libertarian thought in America is hardly her invention--and in fact, she rejected the label.

Henry David Thoreau was as much a pioneer of libertarianism as Rand.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,407 times
Quote:
you guys make it seem like government tells you when to take a ****
You mean like the government telling you when to die? Nanny state? 20 oz. coke? Yeah, I'd agree.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Full disclosure, i'm a democrat so you couldn't pay me enough to be part of the libertarian party, but I think I can help ya'll with growing your party.

1. Get rid of all the tin-foil on my head idiots, or atleast put them on mute. It's make your party look way to extreme and looney tune. If you listen to some of the wackos on here, you'd think the US is going to turn in a 3rd world african country in 4 years and that our country will be ranked somewhere between angola and mexico. This crap about freedom needs to stop. There may be rules you have to follow, but you guys make it seem like government tells you when to take a ****. republicans are dealing with the tea party extremist and that will soon blow up in their face.

Considering both parties have had a hand in destroying the middle class, becoming a 3rd world country may not be too far off!

2. This is the most important. Please stop with the condesending statements that the majority of society is brainwashed, want to be controlled by a nanny government, that you guys are just so much smarter then everybody because you don't vote for either party. insulting people usually isn't the best way to advance your party. Republicans have done this to minorities for decades by calling us brainwashed and lazy, and on a democratic planatation, and then every 4 years I see articles talking about how they can't get the minority vote and have to come up with bogus voter id laws to suppress the black vote because they have turned us off to their party.

Ahh, but Libertarians are NOT Republicans! And yes the Democratic policy as of late is to increase the size of the government and have more people on the government dole! Not to mention there is a nanny state when the government "thinks" they know what is best for you, about what you put in your body or what you do in the privacy of your own bedroom!

I'm fully aware you guys will just dismiss what I just wrote and call me an idiot and a sheep to the democratic party, but keep this is mind, in 4 years, you guys will continue just to be as irrelevant then, as you are now if you continue with what you are doing.

And you couldn't be more wrong! More and more people are waking up! Ron Paul may not win, but he set the movement in motion!

Old 09-13-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And you couldn't be more wrong! More and more people are waking up! Ron Paul may not win, but he set the movement in motion!
i'm sorry, where has ron paul been at in this election, oh yea, on the bench. how about gary johnson, on the bench. You guys aren't going anywhere but at the end of the bench.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies