Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
What was the name of that President that aided the Muslim Brotherhood ascend to power in those other countries on fire?

Oh yeah, Obama.

I heard him on the radio today saying that the Muslim Brotherhood caught him by surprise in Egypt.

BULL, many commen men in the U.S. knew it and were complaining about it before his aid cam to fruition.
Now I'm sure his actions were by design.
I think your analysis and conclusion are both wrong.

Are you another one of the many, many posters here on cd who support oppressive dictatorships? Extreme authoritarians? Do you think we should have supported the dictatorship in Libya when clearly the people were sick of it? So you prefer "safe" for yourself by supporting dictatorships for others. That's good.

The governments in the Middle East are not settled yet. However, it sounds as though you really, really want the radical Muslims to take control so that it will make Obama look bad.

Your last paragraph is totally off base. That kind of thinking is just nuts. Are you one of those birther folks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama should be pleased. Obama's root belief is that the west has taken the wealth of the world and Obama wants to change that.

Obama has some serious baggage in his core beliefs.
And who are you that you KNOW what Obama's "root belief" is? His wife?

If I'm not mistaken you're one of the Christians here who believes that if you're criticized regarding your behavior, it just means that you are being Christ-like and having to suffer the way He did. You should certainly be able to understand the way of thinking of the seriously religious Muslims. Is that what makes you think you know what Obama thinks and what his "root belief" is?

Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
There doesn't have to be killings in the USA. Chris Stevens and the 3 others are good example of how no one is safe. That stupid film was made by an Egyptian trying to pass himself off as a Jew. So, instead of killing the Egyptian ambassador, they kill an American. The Germans gave an award to the Dane who drew the cartoon of Mohammed, so they burn down the embassy in Sudan. No one in their right minds will live their lives walking on egg-shells for people who find offense in the slightest of things and seek to take your life. I think the world has been quite patient with these missing links.
In your previous post you said one doesn't have to live in the Middle East to be killed by these people. My point is, if you have any awareness at all, it's very likely that, living here in the U.S., you're not going to have to deal with these people and this issue. If you go looking for trouble with them, no doubt you'll find it. Looking at Obama's record, I am confident that this incident will be dealt with in a manner that's fair and that makes it clear that we do not forget. Already there have been people detained with more significant information regarding the people who actually took that action in Libya. These world affairs, foreign policy, are all extremely complex issues. This stuff is not child's play.

And I disagree with you that we have been "patient" long enough. Look at this thing from the perspective of how long there have been people on the earth. Additionally, I do think that the evolution of the people in third world countries who are more primitive at this time is going to be expedited as a result of all the information about the rest of the world which is being transmitted to them at this point. The fact that the dictors were thrown out has opened up the world for many. I don't think the hardline extremists will regain power for very long if they do at all. The old people die. The young people have already been exposed to a new world.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think your analysis and conclusion are both wrong.

Are you another one of the many, many posters here on cd who support oppressive dictatorships? Extreme authoritarians? Do you think we should have supported the dictatorship in Libya when clearly the people were sick of it? So you prefer "safe" for yourself by supporting dictatorships for others. That's good.

The governments in the Middle East are not settled yet. However, it sounds as though you really, really want the radical Muslims to take control so that it will make Obama look bad.

Your last paragraph is totally off base. That kind of thinking is just nuts. Are you one of those birther folks?

Analysis and conclusion?
How about what Obama said and what we said. That's all I posted.

Back when the turnmoil was going on in Libya and Egypt it was known that the Muslim Brotherhood was heavily involved in the uprisings.
Many here on these pages protested aiding them. Research teh threads to see what was being warned of by posters here at the time.

Not that anyone supported dictators at all.
We saw the danger in allowing others that were more of a threat outside of their country gaining power.

You can twist it how you want however Obama needs no assitance to look bad.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:29 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
[quote=FancyFeast5000;26098334]In your previous post you said one doesn't have to live in the Middle East to be killed by these people. My point is, if you have any awareness at all, it's very likely that, living here in the U.S., you're not going to have to deal with these people and this issue. If you go looking for trouble with them, no doubt you'll find it. Looking at Obama's record, I am confident that this incident will be dealt with in a manner that's fair and that makes it clear that we do not forget. Already there have been people detained with more significant information regarding the people who actually took that action in Libya. These world affairs, foreign policy, are all extremely complex issues. This stuff is not child's play.

And I disagree with you that we have been "patient" long enough. Look at this thing from the perspective of how long there have been people on the earth. Additionally, I do think that the evolution of the people in third world countries who are more primitive at this time is going to be expedited as a result of all the information about the rest of the world which is being transmitted to them at this point. The fact that the dictors were thrown out has opened up the world for many. I don't think the hardline extremists will regain power for very long if they do at all. The old people die. The young people have already been exposed to a new world.[/quote

These people don't like the advancement of our nation regarding the moral breakdown of the this liberal nation. They prefer to live a simple life .

Old 09-16-2012, 09:06 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Waiting for someone to say it's Israels fault.
Actually, this administration instead of admitting it was for the killing of Bin Laden.........he chooses to blame it on an unknown video. It's always someone else's fault President Obama can blame others, but has a hard time admitting to his own actions that result in hatred from the Middle East.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Then be sure that none of your loved ones go to the Middle East and publicly demean and insult their "God." It's really not that hard. And make sure none of your loved ones create a disparaging video, etc., and send it to the Middle East to provoke violence.
If you think it's really about the video, your as naive as this administration.......the only thing is I believe this adminstration knows good and well it's not about the video.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
whatever !!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
Quote:
In your previous post you said one doesn't have to live in the Middle East to be killed by these people. My point is, if you have any awareness at all, it's very likely that, living here in the U.S., you're not going to have to deal with these people and this issue. If you go looking for trouble with them, no doubt you'll find it. Looking at Obama's record, I am confident that this incident will be dealt with in a manner that's fair and that makes it clear that we do not forget. Already there have been people detained with more significant information regarding the people who actually took that action in Libya. These world affairs, foreign policy, are all extremely complex issues. This stuff is not child's play.

And I disagree with you that we have been "patient" long enough. Look at this thing from the perspective of how long there have been people on the earth. Additionally, I do think that the evolution of the people in third world countries who are more primitive at this time is going to be expedited as a result of all the information about the rest of the world which is being transmitted to them at this point. The fact that the dictors were thrown out has opened up the world for many. I don't think the hardline extremists will regain power for very long if they do at all. The old people die. The young people have already been exposed to a new world.
The only reason they have not killed anyone in the USA since 9/11 has NOT been for their lack of trying. Just because they have been stopped/plot foiled, doesn't mean they aren't trying to kill you. In this case, more patience in order for them to evolve equates to more death for the western world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies