U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2012, 02:32 AM
 
Location: South Dakota
2,608 posts, read 1,881,348 times
Reputation: 769

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Right because you know what their day-to-day job consist of and are an expert on what constitutes impeachable offenses.

Once again - if Obama truly has done things that are unconstitutional, don't you think the Republicans and/or Conservatives up on Capitol Hill would draw up official charges already?

You're reaching and getting nothing but straws.
How much do they pay you???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 6,088,675 times
Reputation: 2173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
How much do they pay you???
For...being right?

In today's political climate, where idiots continue to sue Obama for "having a fake birth certificate", if he honestly did anything illegal while in office, he would easily be out very quickly, instead of having a very good chance at another 4 years in office.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 02:56 AM
 
Location: South Dakota
2,608 posts, read 1,881,348 times
Reputation: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
For...being right?

In today's political climate, where idiots continue to sue Obama for "having a fake birth certificate", if he honestly did anything illegal while in office, he would easily be out very quickly, instead of having a very good chance at another 4 years in office.
Apparently the pay isn't enough to get him out to the huge pro 0bama rally's that are springing up everywhere

Im sure you might think about going if there was one out there somewhere...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 03:14 AM
 
Location: Where they serve real ale.
7,242 posts, read 7,021,251 times
Reputation: 3497
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What do you think Obama's second term will look like?
Likely he'll try to hammer out a grand bargain on taxes and debt with Republicans who will hopefully actually be willing to make a deal as their obstructionism had been completely refuted by the voters, real immigration reform seems like it might be on the table too as the Republicans will have learned the issue was killing them in the polls and so further obstructionism is no longer smart for them, maybe we can finally pass a real national energy policy including pollution reduction goals with teeth, an infrastructure bill to actually get things built and repair our bridges which are falling down, cuts to wasteful military spending (most of it is just pork and has nothing to do with defense) would likely be part of the grand bargain (military spending has gone up 300% in the last decade so cuts would be good), I'd like to see reform of medicare so that they can negotiate drug prices instead of legally having to pay what ever absurd price the drug companies demand, plus there simply must be filibuster reform because Republicans have been using it to block 97% of all bills including ones they claimed to support, oh, and then there are the thousands of judges waiting to be confirmed because Republicans have been blocking those for almost three years now.

There is a ton of work to be done which Republicans have been blocking but now either won't be able to block or will finally learn that voters are pissed off at them preventing the people's business from getting done.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 AM
 
Location: in a cabin overlooking the mountains
3,078 posts, read 3,916,823 times
Reputation: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I think he should have spent more time in Africa being a gun bearer for a white man, so he could have had some more education on what would be expected as a laborer in a job which even being the pres is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I hate Romney with prejudiced but so far he is the lesser of 2 evils, a harsh choice to make. It ends as ghetto and well past ghetto into marxist.
Just what is this supposed to mean?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 6,088,675 times
Reputation: 2173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Apparently the pay isn't enough to get him out to the huge pro 0bama rally's that are springing up everywhere

Im sure you might think about going if there was one out there somewhere...
Why?

I'm not pro-Obama.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,373 posts, read 2,903,544 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
How much do they pay you???
Oh you're talking about yourself, the people on this board, and all the other tax payers of America? Little over 2200 every month, but that's because I'm using my military benefits to put myself through school.

That IS what you were asking for right?

And as twins Armageddon stated, "I'm not pro-Obama."

That being said he does have a very good chance at being re-elected.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,373 posts, read 2,903,544 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Apparently the pay isn't enough to get him out to the huge pro 0bama rally's that are springing up everywhere

Im sure you might think about going if there was one out there somewhere...
Good grief - you're using the ellipsis wrong! Go read up on it and learn how to properly use that grammatical tool.

Well as I just got done saying in a response to an earlier post of yours - The Obama administration doesn't pay me...you, the people on this board, and the rest of the tax paying American people do every month.

As for pro-Obama rallies (and that's an O not a zero), I'm not pro-Obama so why would I go to rallies that support him?

People like you (Republicans, Conservatives, and RWNJs) are the reason why a lot of people refuse to support your political party. You make assumptions when you have little to no evidence to support anything you say. Let me tell you a little secret - I'm an Independent/Moderate aka Centrist. Are you sure you want to be talking this way to me because it's going to take the middle vote for Romney to win this election and so far he's doing a *terrible* job at convincing me to throw my vote his way.

So yeah - say hello to 4 more years of Obama.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top