Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 07:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Seriously, if that was true - the Republican party wouldn't of put the law on the table. The expectation is that it will stop people from voting. Watch the video, and that guy in PA saying in much. Its not a conspiracy if they ADMIT TO IT.

Maybe the impact will not be that significant. . .but it is certainly designed to be as significant as possible. It is designed to stop people from voting, not stopping fraud.

Are you just kidding yourself? Believe everything the party says?
Yes, I should take a video of a comedian as fact. Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It just goes over your head.

Judges have been over and over on this again and again.

US citizens are allowed to vote. You can't do anything that would prevent them from voting.

If your ID requirement keep 1% of them from voting .....that's too much.

Your fake need to prevent insignificant voter fraud cannot be used to prevent even .0005 percent of eligible voters from voting.

Now, what part about this don't your understand in you unAmerican head?
The SCOTUS says you are wrong.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:44 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
My father is a 91 year old WW2 vet who does none of these things you mention and he hasn`t had a driver`s license since he was 66. One more thing..the governor of our state who signed this evil legislation into law was the state Attorney General for 6 years in which he found ZERO cases of voter fraud to prosecute.
Have him go to the VA and get a VA I'd card which is also a valid photo ID card. As a family member, you could take him for his state ID card. Wow, so hard to do isn't it.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Quote:
Seriously, if that was true - the Republican party wouldn't of put the law on the table. The expectation is that it will stop people from voting. Watch the video, and that guy in PA saying in much. Its not a conspiracy if they ADMIT TO IT.

Maybe the impact will not be that significant. . .but it is certainly designed to be as significant as possible. It is designed to stop people from voting, not stopping fraud.

Are you just kidding yourself? Believe everything the party says?
And Democrats are fighting against voter ID laws because it'll make it harder for them to commit voter fraud around the country. Funny Democrats want everyone to vote, except the military.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Have him go to the VA and get a VA I'd card which is also a valid photo ID card. As a family member, you could take him for his state ID card. Wow, so hard to do isn't it.
Extremely hard to do when you use a walker and have to navigate steps. The law has worked as it was designed to work. My father will not vote this year. Great way to treat an aging vet don`t you think? In a state that has prosecuted zero cases of voter fraud I ask you Dave...WHY NOW?

Old 09-29-2012, 08:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
1) people with ID(s) won't have a problem (duh). Those aren't the people we are talking about.
2) technically, old people don't get carded (booze/cigarettes)
3) you can board a plane without a photo-id. My mom did it when she lost her wallet.
I fly at least 6 times a year. I need ID every single time. Every single time.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
LOL, went to their site, found this

There are almost 230 million americans over the age of 18. So we are basically talking about less than 2% of the population could find it harder to vote.

Here's thought. Bring the same ID you would need to cash a check.
BTW, your social security card says on it, "For social security and tax purposes, not to be used for identification".
As compared to the 0.0002% of voter fraud. Keep telling yourselves voter fraud is a huge problem. Why not work on getting the military vote counted? The Right wing is nuts.

Great video, just wish I could share it with my mother...

Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
My father is a 91 year old WW2 vet who does none of these things you mention and he hasn`t had a driver`s license since he was 66. One more thing..the governor of our state who signed this evil legislation into law was the state Attorney General for 6 years in which he found ZERO cases of voter fraud to prosecute.
Lets examine the law. In PA to get a voter ID card.
Go to the DMV.
Give name
Give address
Give SSN.
Done.
Nope don't even have any proof.. You will get your ID card in the mail. If you gave valid information.
Wow what a serious challenge.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lets examine the law. In PA to get a voter ID card.
Go to the DMV.
Give name
Give address
Give SSN.
Done.
Nope don't even have any proof.. You will get your ID card in the mail. If you gave valid information.
Wow what a serious challenge.
Serious challenge indeed. Do you know any 91 year olds? Why won`t anyone answer this question? WHY NOW?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Extremely hard to do when you use a walker and have to navigate steps. The law has worked as it was designed to work. My father will not vote this year. Great way to treat an aging vet don`t you think? In a state that has prosecuted zero cases of voter fraud I ask you Dave...WHY NOW?
There is absolutely no reason he can not vote unless he simply decides not to. None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies