Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,737 times

Advertisements

Not a big fan of her, but this video is pretty funny

Sarah Silverman | Let My People Vote 2012 - Get Nana A Gun - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 AM

89 posts, read 149,529 times
To me she was so sexy in that self-aware, moneyed Jewish intellectual New Yorker kind of way.

Until I found out her dating history.

I love Jimmy Kimmel but I couldn't accept his sloppy seconds. Gross.

Anyway, funny vid.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,976 times
LOL, went to their site, found this

Quote:
The Brennan Center has estimated that as many as 3.2 million citizens could find it harder to vote because of new voter ID laws.
There are almost 230 million americans over the age of 18. So we are basically talking about less than 2% of the population could find it harder to vote.

Here's thought. Bring the same ID you would need to cash a check.
BTW, your social security card says on it, "For social security and tax purposes, not to be used for identification".

Old 09-29-2012, 02:06 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
LOL, went to their site, found this

There are almost 230 million americans over the age of 18. So we are basically talking about less than 2% of the population could find it harder to vote.

Here's thought. Bring the same ID you would need to cash a check.
BTW, your social security card says on it, "For social security and tax purposes, not to be used for identification".
Yep, the same ID needed to apply for welfare, disability, board an airplane, or buy booze and cigarettes. These include a state driver's license or state ID card. Then again, it does make it difficult for the dead to rise up and vote. A national voter registration data base would also be handy to prevent NYC liberals from voting in the presidential election in two separate states. Seems liberals want to make it easier for everyone to vote (citizens and illegal aliens) except for our nation's military. When deployed overseas, some states seem to make it nearly impossible to vote by sending out the ballots at the last possible minute knowing the service member would never get it, fill it out, and returned in time to be counted. Happened to me twice.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yep, the same ID needed to apply for welfare, disability, board an airplane, or buy booze and cigarettes. These include a state driver's license or state ID card. Then again, it does make it difficult for the dead to rise up and vote. A national voter registration data base would also be handy to prevent NYC liberals from voting in the presidential election in two separate states. Seems liberals want to make it easier for everyone to vote (citizens and illegal aliens) except for our nation's military. When deployed overseas, some states seem to make it nearly impossible to vote by sending out the ballots at the last possible minute knowing the service member would never get it, fill it out, and returned in time to be counted. Happened to me twice.
It just goes over your head.

Judges have been over and over on this again and again.

US citizens are allowed to vote. You can't do anything that would prevent them from voting.

If your ID requirement keep 1% of them from voting .....that's too much.

Your fake need to prevent insignificant voter fraud cannot be used to prevent even .0005 percent of eligible voters from voting.

Now, what part about this don't your understand in you unAmerican head?

Old 09-29-2012, 06:44 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,334 times
I found the video very strong, and pretty much right on point.

1) the law is designed to prevent a percentage of population from voting, as they vote for the other party
2) other weakness in voting ignored in law, due to the fact it advantages the party writing the law
3) It solves for an issue that is not credible, does not exist. i.e. Return on Invest - fraud found vs. disfranchised voters
4) The party would not execute these laws, if they did not think they would impact the election

I understand the arguments. Yet I don't think what is easy to do for a 55k college educated website user is necessarily easy to do for someone on the list of people who have a problem with these laws. These laws are designed to stop certain people from voting, and I just think thats wrong. . .

Old 09-29-2012, 06:47 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It just goes over your head.

Judges have been over and over on this again and again.

US citizens are allowed to vote. You can't do anything that would prevent them from voting.

If your ID requirement keep 1% of them from voting .....that's too much.

Your fake need to prevent insignificant voter fraud cannot be used to prevent even .0005 percent of eligible voters from voting.

Now, what part about this don't your understand in you unAmerican head?
There is not a single law that would stop anyone from voting without an I.D. You may have to vote provisional until it's verified that you are legally allowed to vote, but nobody is turned away.

We have these complaints over and over and over and over it's pointed out that nobody gets turned away but yet the same complaints will start in a few posts.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
My father is a 91 year old WW2 vet who does none of these things you mention and he hasn`t had a driver`s license since he was 66. One more thing..the governor of our state who signed this evil legislation into law was the state Attorney General for 6 years in which he found ZERO cases of voter fraud to prosecute.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is not a single law that would stop anyone from voting without an I.D. You may have to vote provisional until it's verified that you are legally allowed to vote, but nobody is turned away.

We have these complaints over and over and over and over it's pointed out that nobody gets turned away but yet the same complaints will start in a few posts.
Seriously, if that was true - the Republican party wouldn't of put the law on the table. The expectation is that it will stop people from voting. Watch the video, and that guy in PA saying in much. Its not a conspiracy if they ADMIT TO IT.

Maybe the impact will not be that significant. . .but it is certainly designed to be as significant as possible. It is designed to stop people from voting, not stopping fraud.

Are you just kidding yourself? Believe everything the party says?

Old 09-29-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Yep, the same ID needed to apply for welfare, disability, board an airplane, or buy booze and cigarettes.
1) people with ID(s) won't have a problem (duh). Those aren't the people we are talking about.
2) technically, old people don't get carded (booze/cigarettes)
3) you can board a plane without a photo-id. My mom did it when she lost her wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies