Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Not any more than Democrats.

Actually I like it when they can't compromise. The less government "help" from D.C. the better chance the Capitalists can heal the economy and the jobs people have.
I can appreciate the irony in the economy growing jobs as the government stops doing damage.

I wonder if the OP understands the linkage.. I doubt it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 10:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Republicans arent in charge Clearly they've compromised far 2 much, we've got another $6T in debt which doesnt happen without spending more money

Hey jojajn, where is a budget bill by Democrats?
Read this letter, that will answer all of your questions.
Republicans Threaten To Block All Democratic Legislation | TPM Document Collection

Quote:
According to a letter delivered to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid this morning, Republicans will block all debate on all legislation until the tax cut impasse is bridged and the federal government has been fully funded — even if it means days tick by and the Senate misses its opportunity to pass DADT, an extension of unemployment insurance and other Dem items.
DADT No More? Republicans Threaten To Block All Dem Initiatives | TPMDC

Old 09-29-2012, 10:50 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one can be this ignorant, ok, we have Obama as president, so maybe I'm wrong..

Tell me how does a veteran get a job if not by taking it from someone else? Clearly they should be allowed to do so, but do you really think businesses need an incentive to lay off person A, so they can hire a veteran to get a tax credit?

Come on man, think..

not a DAM job gets created by this crap. Simply putting "jobs" in the title, doesnt mean its a jobs creator..
Well what do you know. You do have your uses for pointing out liberal fallacies.

If it results in other cuts in the budget, that is correct. Also, if we have low unemployment, then its a bottle of bull's milk. The other thing we could do is just pay them, you know with money when they are soldiers.

I suppose we could have a 10% carrot subsidy for purple hearts, and government coupon books for cheese foods and corn starch for reservists, but I always thought money works best so that people can choose from all the products and select the best one, including employers. Suppose for instance a subsidized veteran, who has little experience operating a crane, kills another veteran? Is that good for all veterans? How about a veteran who uses his own dirty knife in surgery? Lets employ em.. I am sure a 300k tax credit will solve this problem as every hospital will snap em up. Heck, I'd hire them. However is that good for veterans who need surgery? Is it good for veterans if all the citizens want to flee the country because we have an incompetent work force?

Well, who listens to me ...so?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:51 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Boy you REALLY said a mouthful there!!!

Greenspan, McCain, Bush all warned Congress that there was an impending financial meltdown if Congress didn't reign-in Fanny and Freddie. Democrats killed those attempts by calling Bush a racist and by killing any attempt for more regulation at the committee level.

But it's still Bush's fault.

Thsi proves just how clueless you are...LMAO

McCain admitted that he was clueless about the economic mess

John McCain - Clueless - YouTube

FLASHBACK: In 2007, McCain Admitted He 'Did Not' Anticipate Financial Crisis | ThinkProgress

Old 09-29-2012, 10:54 AM

I ask you once again, where is the Democratic budget?

how did they get $6T in new debt if they arent spending money?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

FLASHBACK: In 2007, McCain Admitted He 'Did Not' Anticipate Financial Crisis | ThinkProgress
"If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole," McCain declared in a May 26, 2006, news release.

Talking about clueless while you prove you're clueless.. PRICELESS

Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently there are no real leaders within the republicans.

Senate GOP Pledges to Block Everything - YouTube
Of course the difference is I don't put a blind fold on and worship at the alter of either party. Can you make the same claim?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:02 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Its a shame that Obama wont do the same.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,122 times
5 longest fillibusters in U.S. History.

4 by Democrats. One by a Republican. And the Republican ended running for presdient as the Progressive Party nominee.

If Republicans are blocking anything they are just borrowing the Dems playbook.

Longest Filibusters - 5 Longest Filibusters

Please note: Thurmond was a dopey racist Democrat when he conducted his fillibuster. A couple years later he started hiring blacks on his staff and joined the Republican Party. (Blacks weren't really welcome to work for Democrats.)

Class Dismissed.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its a shame that Obama wont do the same.
Do what? Whether you realize it or not...or admit it or not...

Census data shows signs economy is improving

Stocks Soar on Signs U.S. Economy Is Improving - TheStreet

Although slow, due to the devestation left behind by The Bush Crime Family, as disappointing as it might be to the right wing. things are not going in reverse.

Just as you and others are in denial about the election polls, you are also in denial about the economy.

Now gettng back to the OP because the thread is going off track...the wealth has been trickling up by design and that is why your pitiful Bush policy candidate Romney is losing. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies