Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Who were they?

The two former SEALS were not a part of his security. Now how in the hell can one guy fight off two hundred?

The answer was not to fight, but was to evacuate the ambassador to Tripoli or a more defensible position. Obama was given three days warning!!!

The answer was TO MOVE HIM OUT!!!!!!!!
Un armed remember

Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Ok, let's say they were his official security detail. Is that a sick joke?

"Hey guys in Libya, we know there have been a bunch of attacks over the past several months, and we know you fear for your lives and we know youve asked for MORE security. So instead, how about this? We'll actually TAKE AWAY security, AND let you go in there on the anniversary of 9/11.... Sound good? Good."

So they get killed and then this Admin acts shocked, tries to blame it on a movie, isnt truthful with the public, etc etc
No they thought they could blame it all on a movie. The Ambassador believed he was on a hit list as well.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
They Libyan Attache assigned to the consulate, Sooq Madiq, is saying the exact opposite.

Last edited by padcrasher; 10-08-2012 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Was the Ambassador there to meet with Ben Ghazi? Was this when he requested more security? Perhaps the the Ghazi's were still allied with the former government?
Benghazi is a city, the second largest in Libya.

It always amazes me that you constantly post about your *superior intellect* and yet so often you do not know the most basic facts. Spending time learning basic geography and your government representatives would be a more worthwhile endeavor than trying to find articles about liberal superiority.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Benghazi is a city, the second largest in Libya.

It always amazes me that you constantly post about your *superior intellect* and yet so often you do not know the most basic facts. Spending time learning basic geography and your government representatives would be a more worthwhile endeavor than trying to find articles about liberal superiority.
oops, well that was embarrassing. I stand corrected.

but anyway the Libyan Attache whom I mentioned by name backs what Obama is saying.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Well I'm not voting for Obama but your beloved GOP Congress refused to let a bill that come up for a vote that would have stopped this illegal Libya intervention to begin with.

So people like me sleep well at night, knowing that this careerist Government employee would be alive today because he would have never been over there in the first place.

So you can resume your partisan Obama bashing without ever acknowledging the fundamental crime that went on here, abetted by the GOP, with the full support of Romney.
This is just out today! ABC NEWS with VIDEO
Security Team Commander Says Ambassador Stevens Wanted His Team to Stay in Libya Past August
Asked for comment to the memo and Wood’s comments, a spokesman for the House Oversight Committee told ABC News: “Diplomats working in Libya viewed security provided by highly trained Americans as critical to their safety and mission. The Oversight Committee’s investigation continues to seek answers about why — even as threats against Americans increased — senior State Department officials erroneously decided such security was no longer needed.”

The request concludes: “Given the unstable security environment, projected staffing increases, lack of physical and technical security upgrades in place and continued high volume of VIP visits, Embassy Tripoli requests an extension” of the Security Support Team for four months, which “will allow us to implement the security transition plans recommended by the Department. A loss of SST now would severely and negatively impact our ability to achieve the Department’s policy and management objectives at this critical time in Libya’s transition.”
But ultimately the SST left and “they just had to make do with less security,” Wood told ABC News.

Security Team Commander Says Ambassador Stevens Wanted His Team to Stay in Libya Past August - ABC News

Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Reports are saying they request help and was turned away while Jarrett gets full protection
Taking Jarrett out would be the equivalent of taking out the President.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
oops, well that was embarrassing. I stand corrected.

but anyway the Libyan Attache whom I mentioned by name backs what Obama is saying.
You should probably stand back from the keyboard as well.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You should probably stand back from the keyboard as well.

Meaning what?

When I come on a serious topic like this, just concerned citizens, unmotivated by partisanship, trying to come together in spirit of bi-partisanship, so this tragic killing of an American never happens again, I too get serious.

Now who wants to refute the Libyan Attache's version of events?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
They Libyan Attache assigned to the consulate, Sooq Madiq, is saying the exact opposite.
There is talk that there were people on the inside so of course they might say opposite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies