Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

I watched it. I had tears in my eyes.

Sick and disgusting, this administration. The fog of war. OMG! Pitiful. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You have your facts wrong. The ambassador lived there. He warned the administration it was getting dangerous. The embassy had been attacked about 3 times already. He was asking for help, he was ignored. The other countries moved their people out, Obama's administration ignored our people.

Now Obams is throwing people like Hillary under the bus for it hitting the fan when he is the leader----well I guess he isn't really.
I know he "lived there." And apparently you don't have certain facts straight.....like, for example, Ambassador Stevens had been living in Libya since before the revolution was over and supported the rebels there. He was fluent in Arabic. He knew the security issues in Libya, both Tripoli and Benghazi, better than ANYONE anywhere. He had indeed been asking for increased security. However, obviously he did NOT believe that security issues in Benghazi on 9/11 were so bad that his life would be taken if he traveled there. If he had believed that, he would not have made the trip at that time. Stevens was not a political appointee. He knew the Libyan situation in and out. He did great work there.

Additionally, seems to me that Obama publicly took responsibility during the debate Monday night. I didn't see him "throw Hillary under the bus." Hillary is a big girl. She is the boss at State and she took responsibility because she is the boss. Just as Obama took responsibility because he is Hillary's boss.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And yet you forget that the person who knew all there was to know about the security issues in Libya and Benghazi was the Ambassador himself and obviously he did not feel that his life might be taken if he made that trip......If he had believed it was that dangerous he would NOT have made the trip.....yet you guys try to say that "the President" should have known.

Nothing SHOULD be expected from Obama's empty suit.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
The dead men's families, for the most part, are fine with the handling of this issue by the Obama administration.

Btw, where are you getting this info that the terrorists who attacked the consular office in Benghazi were Al Qaeda? Also, I haven't noticed specifically "Al Qaeda" storming back.

Analysis: Five weeks on, confusion and contradictions on Benghazi suspects – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

"The latest in the conflicting reports coming out of the country: the naming of Ahmed Abu Khattala as a suspect in the assault that left four Americans dead.
Abu Khattala was identified in published reports this week as the leader of Ansar al-Sharia, an Islamist group widely suspected to be involved in the consulate attack."

Analysis: Five weeks on, confusion and contradictions on Benghazi suspects – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs
You need to do yourself a favor and watch the special on it. I am sure it will be repeated during this weekend. "THE FAMILIES ARE FINE WITH IT"????? They had the head of the special forces that was stationed there to protect him and pulled out about in tears. The ambassador was his friend and he is heart sick about not being allowed to be there to protect him. The whole thing is sickening.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
The dead men's families, for the most part, are fine with the handling of this issue by the Obama administration.
At least one family is upset.

Slain Libya Diplomat’s Mother: ‘My Son Is Not Very Optimal

Mother of Slain State Dept. Official Tired of Being Lied To and Stonewalled by Obama Administration | The Weekly Standard

Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
If the dems were still controlling the House, there would be no investigation, no hearings.
We'd either know nothing about what happened or we'd still be hearing that there was a demonstration because of a really, really bad video.
"If the dems were still controlling the House" indeed LOTS of things would be far better in this country! Btw, do you think that are no investigative journalists left in the WORLD and no one would have looked into this incident and reported what they found? It is ONLY THE HOUSE who can investigate?

Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Why don't you give me the highlights since I have not watched the program. Was their any evidence at all that the President knew about any type of request for additional security...was there any evidence at all that he denied that security?

I will wait patiently.

Last edited by hotair2; 10-19-2012 at 09:40 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 PM

That woman's son was married and had a family. My understanding is that his wife/widow is the contact person with whom the State Dept. has contact. She should be talking to her daughter-in-law for information. I wonder why she doesn't.

Stevens family have made statements regarding the fact that they are fine with the way Obama and his administration is handling this. They don't seem to like the Republicans making a political football out of their son's death.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Later on you can watch Hannity call Obama the anti christ. Thanks, but I think I will pass on Fantasy Island.
Close your mind to the truth, it's OK, we have a new president so nothing the libs say matter anymore...

Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Yawn!!
Obama should be arrested and tried in a court of law for High Treason!

It is against TOS for me to tell you what i would like to tell you !

But the punishment for a Capitol Offence is death by hanging...... I hope this happens to Obama, all nice and legal. That will be "Unprecedented" (only big word that fool knows)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies